Windows 10: youtube "play on TV" Icon Missing from browsers

Discus and support youtube "play on TV" Icon Missing from browsers in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I run W10 desktop with Edge, Chrome, Brave, and Firefox browsers. On the Edge and Chrome browsers, when I start a video on www.youtube.com, I can see... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by cwr64, Jun 4, 2021.

1. cwr64 Win User

youtube "play on TV" Icon Missing from browsers

I run W10 desktop with Edge, Chrome, Brave, and Firefox browsers. On the Edge and Chrome browsers, when I start a video on www.youtube.com, I can see the youtube icon that I can click on to play the video on any of my 3 TV's. On Brave and Firefox, the "play on TV" youtube video icon is missing. Is there a way to get that icon to appear on the 2 browsers that do not have it?

:)

cwr64, Jun 4, 2021
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Blurry video on YouTube TV - Roku

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

Generally, the video frame buffer is separate from the UI graphics framebuffer, so the video shouldn’t be doing any unnecessary scaling before the final image is output. This is a known issue with the YouTube TV app on Roku.

However, you can overcome this behavior by doing the steps listed below:

• Play a video and while the video is playing press
      Home
      on the remote.
    • Launch YouTube again, it will stop loading and go back to the home screen.
    • Launch YouTube again, the video should play with better clarity now.

If the issue persists, you may get in touch with the Roku Support.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jun 4, 2021
  3. GARoss Win User
    YouTube TV on the new Edge

Never said they were the same. Perhaps YouTube TV just added a third browser, the new Edge, powered by Chromium to their list of workable browsers.

GARoss, Jun 4, 2021
  4. youtube "play on TV" Icon Missing from browsers

Edge browser no longer plays youtube videos

after I applied a windows update my edge browser no longer plays youtube videos; any ides / suggestions?

VinceMilum, Jun 4, 2021
Thema:

youtube "play on TV" Icon Missing from browsers

1. youtube "play on TV" Icon Missing from browsers - Similar Threads - youtube play Icon

2. youtube videos donot play on any browser?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    youtube videos donot play on any browser?: youtube videos donot play on any browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youtube-videos-donot-play-on-any-browser/94aa777e-4e13-491b-84df-54725e285ec7
  3. youtube videos donot play on any browser?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    youtube videos donot play on any browser?: youtube videos donot play on any browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youtube-videos-donot-play-on-any-browser/94aa777e-4e13-491b-84df-54725e285ec7
  4. Sound not playing from browsers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound not playing from browsers: Hi everyone,I was wondering if you could help as I'm stumped and I'm not really sure what's going on.I have a laptop running on Windows 10 Enterprise, and yesterday realised that sound is no longer playing from browsers but it's working on system sounds, Outlook, Teams etc -...
  5. Sound not playing from browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound not playing from browsers: Hi everyone,I was wondering if you could help as I'm stumped and I'm not really sure what's going on.I have a laptop running on Windows 10 Enterprise, and yesterday realised that sound is no longer playing from browsers but it's working on system sounds, Outlook, Teams etc -...
  6. Sound not playing from browsers

7. Unable to play any videos in YouTube and "Movies & TV" App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to play any videos in YouTube and "Movies & TV" App: Hi Without any reason, one day I realised I cannot play any videos in YouTube in any browser, Chrome or Edge . Pressing Play Button it seems playback wants to start but it stops immediately. I downloaded the video. The same behaviour for the Movies &TV App, the downloaded...
  8. Icon for Microsoft edge browser missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon for Microsoft edge browser missing: On one of the more recent Insider build updates, my Microsoft Edge browser icon disappeared from the desktop. Does anyone have a way to replace it? I have looked for program details, etc. to try and replace it (eg using send to … desktop, but I cannot find the actual...
  9. How to cast YouTube videos from PCn to TV?

How to cast YouTube videos from PCn to TV?: How to cast YouTube videos from PC to TV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-cast-youtube-videos-from-pcn-to-tv/d77cf845-800e-49d3-a6ef-6cf5e25392c7
  10. Edge Browser Missing Bookmark Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge Browser Missing Bookmark Icons: I have the same bookmarks synced across all my browsers and edge is the only that doesn't show any of the icons of the websites that I have bookmarked. Clicking on them doesn't update the icon, and neither does clearing the history / cache. Is there an easy solution aside...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Youtubeplayon