Windows 10: YouTube stuttering and fan comes on too easily now

Discus and support YouTube stuttering and fan comes on too easily now in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings, I have a 3.5 year old VivoMini VC66 VC66-B0072. I'm getting ready to sell it just as an issue has arisen. Device name VivoMini Processor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by The Pool Man, Dec 16, 2020.

1. YouTube stuttering and fan comes on too easily now

Greetings,

I have a 3.5 year old VivoMini VC66 VC66-B0072. I'm getting ready to sell it just as an issue has arisen.

Device name VivoMini
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz
    Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.88 GB usable)
    System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition Windows 10 Pro
    Version 20H2
    Installed on ‎10/‎29/‎2020
    OS build 19042.685
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

The issue is that it seems to be working a lot harder than it should. The fan comes on at the drop of a hat. Where just two weeks ago it could handle 2K video just fine on YouTube with zero dropped frames it is now stuttering it's way through 1080p with the fan picking up speed.

I can't sell it if it kinda works instead of works properly.

So for me this is a process of elimination notion. What I would do first is simply wipe and reinstall the system. I haven't done it yet in 3.5 years and so that might fix it there. But before I do that -- could y'all share what you think is a likely suspect?

Process of elimination --

1. Basically everything I run is up to date, including Firefox.
    2. I just refreshed Firefox and turned off most extensions.
    3. SFC is happy
    4. I ran a check on my system RAM. All good.
    5. Defender and Malwarebytes and Adwcleaner found nothing.
    6. Task Manager doesn't seem bogged down by any strange services.
    7. In general I'm finding Firefox more strained than Edge and Chrome playing exact same YouTube video, but it's not always consistent

So I don't know where to go from here. Some theories --

DRIVER ISSUE

I do know I recently updated an Intel Graphics Driver.

YouTube stuttering and fan comes on too easily now [​IMG]

If that's a route -- how do I downgrade the driver to the previous one?

TOO MANY BROWSER SERVICES?

The first time I noticed this I had Google Chrome opened. But it wasn't YouTube that triggered it. I just heard the fan get crazy busy, I opened Task Manager, and a ton of Chrome services were open with Chrome. I didn't take a picture but here's Firefox from a minute ago looking the same.

:)

The Pool Man, Dec 16, 2020

2. Youtube Video stuttering

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as the YouTube video stutter In Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Does this issue occur in Internet Explorer?
    • What is the resolution of the YouTube videos, which are stuttering?
    • Are you aware of any recent changes on the PC, prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these methods and let us know the status of the issue.

Method 1: Uninstall driver from device manager

1. Press Windows + X and click on
      Device Manage.
    2. Expand or double-click
      Display
    3. Right-click on the listed driver, and then select
      Uninstall device
    4. Select Delete the driver software for this device, and then click Uninstall.
    5. Follow the onscreen steps and restart the PC.
    6. Upon restart, install the graphics drivers from computer manufacturer website.

Method 2: Changing the Browser settings.

For Microsoft Edge:

1. Open Microsoft Edge and click on the Settings button (three dots) present at the top right side of the window.
    2. Once the drop-down menu has opened, click on
      Settings
      present at the near bottom of the menu.
    3. Once you are in the Settings, select the Advanced option from the left pane and then turn off the switch for
      Adobe Flash.
    4. Close the browser and relaunch to check

YouTube stuttering and fan comes on too easily now b5dc9cd6-5228-44d6-ab73-57890dcc5f0d?upload=true.jpg

For Google Chrome:

1. Open Google Chrome and click on the menu icon (three vertical dots) present at the top right side of the screen.
    2. Once the Settings tab has opened, navigate to the very end and click on
      Advanced.
    3. Navigate to the end of the tab again until you find the subheading named as
      System.
    4. Under it, turn off the switch for the option which says
      Use hardware acceleration when available.
    5. Close the browser and relaunch to check

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 16, 2020
  3. Stuttering/Crackling and now nothing

yesterday around 4 pm I was watching YouTube and listing to Spotify when Stuttering/Crackling noises, so I didn't care, it did get annoying after a hour and a half, so I went to get supper, I came back the Stuttering/Crackling was louder this time so I looked
    up how to fix it and clicked on this video it did not help I did what it said and nothing happed. Then around
    7 pm I couldn't hear anything I head an occasional scratch coming from my Razer Kraken Pro V2, and now this morning still nothing

I need help with this I cant play Mine craft or Fortnite, Listing to my music and watch amazing YouTube Videos

Brandon.Perry, Dec 16, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

YouTube stuttering and fan comes on too easily now

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

YouTube stuttering and fan comes on too easily now

1. YouTube stuttering and fan comes on too easily now - Similar Threads - YouTube stuttering fan

2. computer fan comes on, but then stays on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    computer fan comes on, but then stays on: My PC built last spring, works great. However, if I play a game or watch a video, the fan noise gets very loud. I assume it's detecting a heat issue and trying to cool off something inside. And this is fine, but when the game/video ends, the fans stay on forever.What would...
  3. Windows stuttering every now and then

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows stuttering every now and then: Hi, I built my desktop back in march 2020. Since then I have stutters that last 1 second every hour or so. It will freeze my computer from the sound to the mouse for a second or so. It is really annoying. I noticed that when I open the app " Logitech G HUB " to custom my...
  4. Help with youtube now playing videos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with youtube now playing videos: So I cannot watch youtube on my PC running windows 10. When i open youtube any video that i try to watch just keeps buffering and doesnt want to play when it worked about 1 hour ago. I will try to update windows and update if that works. Youtube works fine on my macbook...
  5. Crackling/Stuttering playback (Youtube, VLC)

Crackling/Stuttering playback (Youtube, VLC): Hi all, I have this ongoing issue, where I play a video on youtube or VLC, and if I'm simultaneously loading some ad-heavy website, the audio/playback stutters and crackles. Once the site loads, or I cancel the load, it gets better. I can fix it by going to device manager,...
  6. Fan is too noisy!

Fan is too noisy!: My fan is far too noisy, I can hear it during streaming and recording. Is there a way to either turn it down or set it to be less frequent? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fan-is-too-noisy/5da2e4e0-67f3-470d-8510-12c1139630f8
  7. Chrome, YouTube video Audio stutters.

Chrome, YouTube video Audio stutters.: Hello YouTube audio(only) started to stutter quite frequently maybe around the time when flash stopped being supported ? Idk what to do and how to fix it. I have tried to change the audio Hz in my settings and switching off the acceleration thing but nothing helps it....
  8. Youtube Video stuttering

Youtube Video stuttering: I am having issues with videos playing only on YouTube. I also tried chrome over edge but the problem persists. With games or video streaming like Prime video there isn't this issue. i don't know what to do....
  9. Stuttering/Crackling and now nothing

Stuttering/Crackling and now nothing: yesterday around 4 pm I was watching YouTube and listing to Spotify when Stuttering/Crackling noises, so I didn't care, it did get annoying after a hour and a half, so I went to get supper, I came back the Stuttering/Crackling was louder this time so I looked up how to fix it...
  10. Youtube stutters when I bluetooth to my stereo

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Youtube stutters when I bluetooth to my stereo: Hello, Every time I try to play music from my laptop via bluetooth to LG CM4550(F5), youtube from google chrome specifically, it stutters/cuts out every 30 seconds to 1 minute. I can play music from iPhone 7+ just fine with no problems, but my computer just doesn't want to...