Windows 10: YouTube TV on the new Edge

Discus and support YouTube TV on the new Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've been using Firefox but I thought I'd give the new developer version of Microsoft Edge a try. I'm running Version 76.0.167.1 (Official build) dev... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by GARoss, May 29, 2019.

1. GARoss Win User

YouTube TV on the new Edge

I've been using Firefox but I thought I'd give the new developer version of Microsoft Edge a try. I'm running Version 76.0.167.1 (Official build) dev (64-bit). We stream video with YouTube TV for out home instead of cable but the YouTube TV site for PC says to use Google Chrome or Firefox. This version of Edge is base on Chromium so why wouldn't to work?

YouTube TV on the new Edge [​IMG]

:)

GARoss, May 29, 2019
  2. Gino Des Win User

Cannot open youtube by IE and Edge

Hi,

Let's isolate the cause of the issue. Are you using an Insider Preview build on your PC? If you are using an Insider Preview build and if you are in Fast Ring, we suggest that you update your computer to the new build 15031 and check if the issue persists.

We also recommend that you disable the VPN and Proxifier on your computer and check if you can access YouTube.

If the issue persists, let's use a new InPrivate window to access Youtube. To open a new InPrivate window in Edge, follow the steps below:

• Open Edge.
    • Click on the three dots icon on the upper-right part of the screen.
    • Click New InPrivate window.

Keep us updated with the results.

Gino Des, May 29, 2019
  3. malware Win User
    YouTube Coming to Apple TV

Apple today announced that it’s bringing the Internet’s most popular originally-created content from YouTube to the living room with Apple TV. Beginning in mid-June, Apple TV will wirelessly stream videos directly from YouTube and play them on a user’s widescreen TV. Using Apple TV’s elegant interface and simple Apple Remote, viewers can easily browse, find and watch free videos from YouTube in the comfort of their living room. Thousands of the most current and popular YouTube videos will be available on Apple TV at launch in mid-June, with YouTube adding thousands more each week until the full YouTube catalog is available this fall. Apple today also announced that it is offering a new Apple TV build-to-order option with a 160GB hard drive. Apple TV with a 160GB hard drive will be available tomorrow for a suggested retail price of $399 (US), while the older 40GB version will still sell for $299 (US).

Source: Apple

malware, May 29, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Blurry video on YouTube TV - Roku

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

Generally, the video frame buffer is separate from the UI graphics framebuffer, so the video shouldn’t be doing any unnecessary scaling before the final image is output. This is a known issue with the YouTube TV app on Roku.

However, you can overcome this behavior by doing the steps listed below:

• Play a video and while the video is playing press
      Home
      on the remote.
    • Launch YouTube again, it will stop loading and go back to the home screen.
    • Launch YouTube again, the video should play with better clarity now.

If the issue persists, you may get in touch with the Roku Support.

Regards,

Junaid_A, May 29, 2019
Thema:

1. YouTube TV on the new Edge - Similar Threads - YouTube Edge

2. YouTube, YouTube Music once again compatible on new Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    YouTube, YouTube Music once again compatible on new Microsoft Edge: Many Microsoft Chromium Edge users had reported that they were not able to get access to the new and refined YouTube UI but instead, the website redirected them to the old version of YouTube. It turns out that this was a bug and Google has acknowledged the problem. Google...
  3. YouTube Music is also not supported in Microsoft Chromium Edge

in Windows 10 News
    YouTube Music is also not supported in Microsoft Chromium Edge: Microsoft Chromium Edge is off to a steady start and browser has been praised by the community. While Google welcomed Microsoft to the ‘open-source’ Chromium community, some of the big services owned Google is not functioning properly in the new Edge. Earlier today, users...
  4. YouTube’s new design stops working on Microsoft Chromium Edge

in Windows 10 News
    YouTube’s new design stops working on Microsoft Chromium Edge: Chromium-based Edge has been hit by a new glitch when running Google-owned YouTube. Some folks today noticed that YouTube opens with the classic interface in Edge browser and the new design is no longer available for some unknown reasons. Google Meet, Google Docs and Google...
  5. Problem with Edge and YouTube

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with Edge and YouTube: I've noticed a problem with YouTube in msEdge browser. When I load YouTube, the panel on the left which has the home button, subscriptions, library etc. doesn't have a vertical scroll bar. And sometimes the panel has a dotted line around it like with focus. It just started...
  6. google and youtube not open in IE 11 and EDGE.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    google and youtube not open in IE 11 and EDGE.: I recently installed internet explorer 11 on my PC. My system uses windows 10. I cannot open search engine page (Google and youtube) Does anyone know why or how I can fix this? Now I live in china boundary! Thanks...
  7. Google denies intentionally causing YouTube issues in Windows 10’s Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    Google denies intentionally causing YouTube issues in Windows 10’s Edge browser: A former alleged Microsoft Edge intern recently claimed that Google updated its YouTube website to cause unexpected issues in Windows 10’s Edge browser while playing videos. According to the alleged employee, the changes made to YouTube eventually caused Microsoft Edge’s...
  8. Not able to play Youtube videos in Edge windows10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to play Youtube videos in Edge windows10: Dear Team, Unable to play youtube videos in Edge browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/not-able-to-play-youtube-videos-in-edge-windows10/0d39e71f-ce2d-40e6-af07-c8398bbe37cf
  9. How to speed up YouTube in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to speed up YouTube in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10: A report published earlier this week claimed that YouTube’s new design performed poorly in non-Google web browsers and the issue was brought to light by Chris Peterson, Technical Program Manager at Mozilla who detailed the claim on Twitter. “YouTube page load is 5x slower in...
  10. Report reveals why YouTube performs worse on Microsoft Edge and Firefox

in Windows 10 News
    Report reveals why YouTube performs worse on Microsoft Edge and Firefox: Google Chrome is undoubtedly the most popular browser across all devices. But more recently Google’s own services often ignore standards and force people to use Chrome. The best example is Google Earth that is still blocked on other web browsers such as Edge and Firefox. It...