Windows 10: Youtube Video autostarted on Lock Screen

Discus and support Youtube Video autostarted on Lock Screen in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I turned on my PC today, it started playing a voice as soon as it showed the lock screen. I was pretty surprised by this and noticed what was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Robert Schuh, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Youtube Video autostarted on Lock Screen

When I turned on my PC today, it started playing a voice as soon as it showed the lock screen.

I was pretty surprised by this and noticed what was going on as soon as I logged in:

• So I have set Chrome to be one of the programs that start automatically.
    • Windows 10 tries to be fast and prepares your things before you even log in.
    • Chrome is set to start with my previous tabs opened.
    • The last time I closed Chrome I was in the middle of a Youtube video.

So when I started the PC, it opened and started playing the video while still on lock screen!

Having windows start playing videos while you're still on the lock screen is very likely unintended behavior, as this could cause trouble if user B wants to log in and hears the last video user A watched. It should get fixed immediately!

:)

Robert Schuh, Nov 19, 2018
  2. Ian Sal Win User

internet explorer - youtube video while locked.

For this scenario, we would further suggest the following:

• Download a third party app from Windows Store, which does play Youtube videos even when the screen is locked.
    • Send your feedback to Youtube customer support about this particular concern.
    • Update to Windows 10 as Lumia 735 is upgradable.

Let us know how it works.

Regards.

Ian Sal, Nov 19, 2018
  3. qubit Win User
    YouTube Video quality

I don't understand why you didn't simply record your video with the screen set to a lower resolution like I suggested, instead of camming it? *Confused Youtube Video autostarted on Lock Screen :confused:

That way, you'll get a proper picture with the hi-def option on YouTube.

qubit, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Youtube Video autostarted on Lock Screen

KB3149135 and KB3163018 causing Youtube (or other videos) unable to play at full screen mode.

To your questions:

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Which browser are you using to browse YouTube videos (Edge, Internet Explorer, other
      • All: Chrome, Edge, IE.

• Did you check if similar issue persists on browsing YouTube videos on other browse
      • Yes, happens on all browsers.

• Does the issue occur on playing videos saved in the system drives?
      • No, only online videos on browsers.
    I tried your suggestion twice to uninstall the drivers and reinstalling it again, didnt work.

I also tried installing the update in clean boot, also didnt work.

I am sure it is not a browser issue. Here is my debug:

I went one step further.

Upon installing the 2 updates, I uninstalled security update KB3163018 only, and i was able to play full screen mode again. BUT, problem is Windows keeps forcing me to install KB3163018 every time!!! And when this KB3163018 is installed, my youtube can't
    play full screen mode again. And I have to go programs feature to uninstall this update everyday! Please help address this issue. Thanks!

Gim GuanTan, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Youtube Video autostarted on Lock Screen

1. Youtube Video autostarted on Lock Screen - Similar Threads - Youtube Video autostarted

2. YouTube Video for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    YouTube Video for...: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8qkktSZ8gOQ&pp=ygUfQmFkZXJiYXRhcmZpNTU1NSBhbCBvdGhhaW0gbWFsbA%3D%3D https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CyLpsEQ14hQ&pp=ygUeQmFkZXJiYXRhcmZpNTU1NSA4NDQ1IGFsIHJhYmF0...
  3. YouTube Video for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    YouTube Video for...: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8qkktSZ8gOQ&pp=ygUfQmFkZXJiYXRhcmZpNTU1NSBhbCBvdGhhaW0gbWFsbA%3D%3D https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CyLpsEQ14hQ&pp=ygUeQmFkZXJiYXRhcmZpNTU1NSA4NDQ1IGFsIHJhYmF0...
  4. YouTube Videos are not Playing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    YouTube Videos are not Playing: [ATTACH] See the white space instead video. that's my problem guys. Yesterday Everything was fine but toady when I tried to play any video on YouTube this was happening also comment section doesn't get loaded. and its just happening with YouTube only, other video websites...
  5. sound on youtube videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sound on youtube videos: I can not increase the volume on down loaded you tube videos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-on-youtube-videos/796ece82-bfc5-4e30-89c4-f72ab268cc00
  6. youtube videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    youtube videos: For some reason when I click on to watch a youtube video it gives me this message. The address wasn’t understood Firefox doesn’t know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (rtsp) isn’t associated with any program or is not allowed in this context....
  7. Video screensaver/lock screen?

Video screensaver/lock screen?: On Windows 8, I could set a video as my screensaver. I would choose slideshow for my screensaver and choose a folder with the video in it, and it would loop without issue. I can't get Windows 10 to do the same thing. Yes, the file is a "windows media video". How can I...
  8. YouTube Videos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    YouTube Videos: I have a new PC with fully updated software. All websites work great, EXCEPT YouTube. I cannot play YouTube Videos. Do I have to switch to Chrome to use YouTube? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youtube-videos/e6c7bff6-7334-4230-855a-e3aee895b0ba
  9. Change lock screen to a video

Change lock screen to a video: Hi all, I was wondering if it's possible to put a looping video as the lock screen? If possible, instructions would be much appreciated! Thanks 22216
  10. No Video in YouTube Music Videos.

in Browsers and Email
    No Video in YouTube Music Videos.: Hi folks, Just like the title said, my problem is that I'm not getting any video when I try to watch a music video on YouTube. In the past all I've had to do was reload the page and then it would work, but after smashing F5 hundreds of times I've come to the conclusion...