Windows 10: YouTube videos are not responsive after Microsoft Windows 2 minute screen timeout

Discus and support YouTube videos are not responsive after Microsoft Windows 2 minute screen timeout in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Since posting this back in late September, 2020, Microsoft followed up with KB4577063. I find that only YouTube videos are unresponsive after logging... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Windows7Fanx64, Feb 4, 2021.

1. YouTube videos are not responsive after Microsoft Windows 2 minute screen timeout

Since posting this back in late September, 2020, Microsoft followed up with KB4577063. I find that only YouTube videos are unresponsive after logging back in after 2 minutes of system inactivity. I used to be able to hit the Space Bar after logging back in. That is no longer the case as I have to tap/click my mouse or use the Alt + Tab key combination to continue to play them. Can anyone verify if either Google or Microsoft is responsible for this? I think this issue lies with Google as Microsoft rolled out the aforementioned update.

Thanks

Windows7Fanx64

:)

Windows7Fanx64, Feb 4, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

How to change the Screen Timeout settings

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desktop and click on Personalization.

• Click on Lock screen

• On the bottom of the screen click on Screen Timeout.

• Under screen select the Time period accordingly.
    Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Feb 4, 2021
  3. rqbii Win User
    Screen timeout not working in Windows 10

Acer, Swift 3. Windows 10 Home edition. Version 1809. Build 17763.379. installed 1/16/2019. I followed your directions, to the letter. Troubleshooting "fixed" the extended screen timeout settings I had established met my needs, 20 minutes on battery,
    30 minutes on line power. Then I established a new, custom power plan with these screen timeout settings, made this my power plan, and rebooted. Then waited. Sure enough, ample time without the annoying screen timeout of approximately two minutes of inactivity.
    So I put the laptop in sleep mode, awoke it, and waited. Two minutes later, the screen timed out. So, no, the remedies suggested have not resolved the two minute inactivity screen timeout. It's apparent that when I use sleep mode to suspend activity,
    something in the operating system reverts to the extremely short, two minute inactivity screen timeout , essentially putting the computer back into sleep mode.

rqbii, Feb 4, 2021
  4. Argel Obm Win User

YouTube videos are not responsive after Microsoft Windows 2 minute screen timeout

Screen flashes black when viewing a YouTube video

Hi Cody,

We need to gather more information for us to better assist you on your screen concern. Kindly answer these questions:

• Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the flashing black screen issue?
    • Are you using a laptop or a desktop? If you're using a laptop, does your screen flashes black when using the built-in monitor? If you're using a desktop, do you experience the issue when using other monitors?
    • Does the issue only occur when you play YouTube videos?
    • Are you experiencing the flashing black screen issue while watching YouTube videos in full screen mode or while in window mode?
    • Do you experience the same concern when playing YouTube videos using other web browsers?

The issue may be occurring because of an incompatible application or the display driver is outdated. While we wait for the answers to our questions, kindly follow the steps found in this
    link. The article will provide you the steps that can usually resolve screen flickering issue in Windows

We await for your response.

Argel Obm, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

YouTube videos are not responsive after Microsoft Windows 2 minute screen timeout

1. YouTube videos are not responsive after Microsoft Windows 2 minute screen timeout - Similar Threads - YouTube videos are

2. Screen dims after 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen dims after 2 minutes: Regardless how I set my battery and plug-in preferences, my screen dims after two minutes if I am not actively typing or moving the mouse. Super annoying when you're just reading and thinking! My system does not have "turn off Enable adaptive brightness" in the Display...
  3. Screen dims after 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen dims after 2 minutes: Regardless how I set my battery and plug-in preferences, my screen dims after two minutes if I am not actively typing or moving the mouse. Super annoying when you're just reading and thinking! My system does not have "turn off Enable adaptive brightness" in the Display...
  4. Screen dims after 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Screen not turning on after a screen timeout

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen not turning on after a screen timeout: So in my laptop, in the power and sleep settings, I have set the screen to turn off after 10 minutes of inactivity. Quite a number of times I have faced this situation where the screen does not turn back on when I hit any keys on the keyboard. After a long wait, I have to...
  6. 2 minutes on restart screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 minutes on restart screen: I recenlty noticed that my windows 10 pc takes a lot to restart (stays more than 2 minutes on that restart screen with those spinning dots). Shutdown takes less than 10 seconds and starting from shutdown takes about 15 seconds, the only problem is that part of restart with...
  7. Microsoft Windows 10 screen 2 minute timeout inactivity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Windows 10 screen 2 minute timeout inactivity: Since using Windows 10, my issue has been inactive window even desktop after screen display times out after 2 minutes of inactivity. After the display times out, I wake my PC by pressing any key or moving the mouse. Then I am presented w/my password on Windows Lockscreen....
  8. Why does Windows 10 timeout after 2 minutes

Why does Windows 10 timeout after 2 minutes: I am currently researching further into why Windows 10 goes to sleep mode after 2 minutes. I already know how to fix this problem (we use the regedit solution) but i need to know what is causing the timeout. Is it a Power Setting corruption, software conflicts, etc?...
  9. Youtube Video autostarted on Lock Screen

Youtube Video autostarted on Lock Screen: When I turned on my PC today, it started playing a voice as soon as it showed the lock screen. I was pretty surprised by this and noticed what was going on as soon as I logged in: So I have set Chrome to be one of the programs that start automatically. Windows 10 tries to...
  10. Screen timeout - your response does not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen timeout - your response does not work: I have the following question and problem; and the same issue with your response - it doesn't work. - your post says it was recently update but can't find the update. Not very helpful - see below The screen timeout numbers in my current configuration show timeout after 15...