Windows 10: YouTube videsos do not play

Discus and support YouTube videsos do not play in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; YouTube videos do not play on my new Windows 10 Home desktop comnputer. It doesn't matter whether I use Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Firefox.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by acssa, Sep 27, 2018.

1. acssa Win User

YouTube videsos do not play

YouTube videos do not play on my new Windows 10 Home desktop comnputer. It doesn't matter whether I use Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Firefox. Sometimes the sound works, but there is no picture and either a green screen is displayied or a loading circle which turns endlessly and then freezes, This applies only to YouTube videos regardless of whether the videos are on the YouTube site or on other sites, such as Facebook or Twitter. But videos on other non-YouTube sites work fine. I have tried all the suggested fixes, but nothing works. Is there a setting somewhere in Windoes 10 that I have to change? All my software is up to date.
    Please help!

:)

acssa, Sep 27, 2018

2. Asus M32 Series Desk top computer freezes while playing youtube videos.

Hello Lee,

Please provide us more information to help you better:

• Do you face this issue only while playing YouTube videos?

• Which browser are you using to open YouTube?

• Are you facing the same issue in any other browsers?

If you are using Internet Explorer I suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps you to resolve the issue.

• Open Internet Explorer and Go to
      Tools

• Select Internet option and clock on the
      advanced option.

• Check the box for Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering.

• Click on Apply and Ok.

Hope this helps. Reply with the necessary information to help you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 27, 2018
  3. KB3149135 and KB3163018 causing Youtube (or other videos) unable to play at full screen mode.

To your questions:

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Which browser are you using to browse YouTube videos (Edge, Internet Explorer, other
      • All: Chrome, Edge, IE.

• Did you check if similar issue persists on browsing YouTube videos on other browse
      • Yes, happens on all browsers.

• Does the issue occur on playing videos saved in the system drives?
      • No, only online videos on browsers.
    I tried your suggestion twice to uninstall the drivers and reinstalling it again, didnt work.

I also tried installing the update in clean boot, also didnt work.

I am sure it is not a browser issue. Here is my debug:

I went one step further.

Upon installing the 2 updates, I uninstalled security update KB3163018 only, and i was able to play full screen mode again. BUT, problem is Windows keeps forcing me to install KB3163018 every time!!! And when this KB3163018 is installed, my youtube can't
    play full screen mode again. And I have to go programs feature to uninstall this update everyday! Please help address this issue. Thanks!

Gim GuanTan, Sep 27, 2018
  4. govindvsm Win User

youtube is not playing in nokia x2 02

hello

i've purchased nokia x2 02 last month but youtube is not playing

so please suggest me proper settings for same

and also tell that it supports youtube or not......because all other models of x2 play youtube.............

govindvsm, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

1. YouTube videsos do not play - Similar Threads - YouTube videsos play

2. How do I get edge to play sounds from YouTube?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get edge to play sounds from YouTube?: I have tried all of the suggestions in the following link "No Sound on Edge" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-on-edge/d78ee7a0-ee77-4d16-b406-919579b4397e...
  3. Quick Play of YouTube?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Play of YouTube?: How do I get YouTube to play "without" clicking on the big arrow in the middle of the view? I wish I could post a screen shot but things have changed in here lol . YouTube used to start playing as soon as the page opened until I got the 20H2 upgrade. I hate change lol....
  4. YouTube Videos are not Playing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    YouTube Videos are not Playing: [ATTACH] See the white space instead video. that's my problem guys. Yesterday Everything was fine but toady when I tried to play any video on YouTube this was happening also comment section doesn't get loaded. and its just happening with YouTube only, other video websites...
  5. Unable to play YouTube or Netflix

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to play YouTube or Netflix: Since upgrading to the latest version of Windows 10 Pro I am now unable to play YouTube or Netflix I am using a Lenovo Yoga Book Windows version 10.0.18363 Netflix Error U7361-1253-800705AA app Netflix Error H7361-1253-800705AA edge browser YouTube Error JDSEu8jhH639FHdh...
  6. Won't play YouTube video

in Windows 10 Customization
    Won't play YouTube video: we set up restrictions when purchased the laptop. how do we now release the restrictions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-play-youtube-video/141a4a2f-5518-4d70-aafb-c06e593bbaa7
  7. YouTube videso

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    YouTube videso: Hello, I can not find or send a video from YouTube,like I use to be able to do,on Windows 7. I do not know how to find,or open my MP4 file. I have looked in File Explorer,documents,desktop,downloads,pictures,and pictures. I don't know a lot about computers. Can...
  8. YouTube videos do not play in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    YouTube videos do not play in Chrome: Hello Everybody! Today I wanted to watch some YouTube videos but the videos never played. If I press the Play button it doesn't play but I can drag the slider around. It has been happening for a few days and it's getting really annoying! Sometimes videos will play and...
  9. YouTube won't play on Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    YouTube won't play on Microsoft Edge: I was trying to figure out why is YouTube not playing on the browser of Microsoft Edge. I have read different articles online trying to solve this problem. With Google Chrome YouTube is working with no problem but not Microsoft Edge. Is there a reason why can't YouTube run on...
  10. BSOD playing PoE and watching youtube

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD playing PoE and watching youtube: Hello, I recently updated to windows 10 and have been getting BSODS alot more frequently than before. It's the good old driver_IRQL_not_less_or_equal (some letters that I cant remember). I suspect that it's my network card thats causing it. I use Killer e2200 PCI-E Gigabit...