Windows 10: YouTube won't play on Microsoft Edge

Discus and support YouTube won't play on Microsoft Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I was trying to figure out why is YouTube not playing on the browser of Microsoft Edge. I have read different articles online trying to solve this... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by imcanadian, Jul 15, 2017.

1. YouTube won't play on Microsoft Edge

I was trying to figure out why is YouTube not playing on the browser of Microsoft Edge. I have read different articles online trying to solve this problem. With Google Chrome YouTube is working with no problem but not Microsoft Edge. Is there a reason why can't YouTube run on the Microsoft Edge browser. I did try to fix one part and still the same. The one is from Microsoft Help. And here is below:

This might fix Edge as well. Not positive.

1: Open Internet Explorer.
    2: Click the Tools button and go to Internet Options.
    3: On the Advanced tab, browse to the Accelerated graphics section.
    4: Select: Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering.
    5: Click Apply & OK.
    6: Restart your computer and test it.

I did check in the box with " Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering. Still no help.

What is the other alternative to fix this problem?

Thank you,

John

:)

imcanadian, Jul 15, 2017

2. Can't see videos on Facebook since my upgrade to Windows 10

No, I'm on Microsoft Edge right now and FB still won't play videos. YouTube also won't play videos on Chrome or Edge.

DenitaArnold_800, Jul 15, 2017
  3. Stop New Tabs from Automatically Playing Videos

In GOOGLE CHROME, you can open multiple YouTube tabs and the videos won't start playing until you select that tab. In MICROSOFT EDGE, if you open multiple tabs, they will all start playing automatically. How can I stop this?

NickBockman, Jul 15, 2017
  4. YouTube won't play on Microsoft Edge

Internet explorer is different from Edge so those settings are not applicable

theveterans, Jul 15, 2017
  5. Thank you for your reply. Now may I ask you if you are quoting that Internet Explorer is different from Microsoft Edge for YouTube. But I have seen several people are using YouTube on Microsoft Edge. So I believe that it can work on this browser but I need to get this fix before using YouTube on Microsoft Edge. Yes I have used Internet Explorer with YouTube and no problem to show on the browser. I prefer to have one browser not two with Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.

John

imcanadian, Jul 15, 2017
  6. mrgeek Win User
    I use youtube on Edge a LOT. Do you get audio but no video or neither ? First thing to check is if you have Flash enabled.
    Hit the hamburger menu in upper R corner/Settings/View Advanced Settings. Then turn on 'Use Adobe Flash Player' which will get security updates thru Windows Update in the future

YouTube won't play on Microsoft Edge [​IMG]

mrgeek, Jul 15, 2017
  7. Just checked to see what I have my Adobe Flash Player in advanced settings and already is on.

So this have to be something else with the problem of YouTube on Microsoft Edge.

John

imcanadian, Jul 16, 2017
  8. Helmut Win User

YouTube won't play on Microsoft Edge

YouTube uses HTML5 Player in preference to Flash Player.
    Edge uses HTML5 Player it does not matter whether Flash is enabled or not.
    Works OK with either here, with Flash Player you may need to enable via the puzzlepiece icon in the address bar on some websites.
    YouTube

Helmut, Jul 19, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    In Edge, try typing about:flags in the address bar to get the Developers Settings page. Then click the 'Reset all flags to default' button.

10. Bree -- I did that already and still no show to get working on YouTube in Edge browser. Thank you for your tip about reset all flags to default button.

Helmut -- I copy and paste the link that you posted above and came on Edge browser. Show me that all six boxes with blue that support on Edge browser with no problem.

But can't get YouTube site to work on Edge browser. The only way is that I can run YouTube on Internet Explorer to watch the videos unless someone have a better solution to solve the problem with Adobe Flash or Microsoft Edge to let YouTube run the videos on Edge browser.

Thank you,

John

imcanadian, Jul 20, 2017
  11. Hello everyone and still nothing with this Adobe Flash -- still the same as before. Any idea how to fix or recover this problem?

John

imcanadian, Aug 9, 2017
  12. dencal Win User
    Open All Settings....click on Apps.....then Default Apps......then click on Reset.....see attachment.

dencal, Aug 9, 2017
  13. YouTube won't play on Microsoft Edge

Want to say thank you for your help but unfortunately still the same with Adobe Flash is still not working.

John

imcanadian, Aug 9, 2017
  14. dencal Win User
    You do NOT need Adobe Flash on Edge Browser to play U-Tube.

It has already been posted but will repeat if you still wish to have Adobe Flash.....open Edge and click on three dots top right corner.....scroll down to Advanced Settings.... see attachment.....if Adobe not showing you need to download it then you can choose on or off.

dencal, Aug 9, 2017
  15. Yes I did with that to make sure Adobe Flash is on in Settings but still doesn't make any difference. I believe that the only way is to reset the PC to solve the problem. Unless you come up with a better idea to solve this problem.

John

imcanadian, Aug 9, 2017
Thema:

YouTube won't play on Microsoft Edge

1. YouTube won't play on Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - YouTube won't play

2. after KB5028254 applied, youtube won't play and just spin on both edge and chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after KB5028254 applied, youtube won't play and just spin on both edge and chrome: after KB5028254 applied, youtube won't play and just spin on both edge and chrome. after removed this patch, youtub works well on both edge and chrome.but win11 is asking me to install this KB5028254 again ?? how can I skip this patch ? or any comment ? many thanks....
  3. after KB5028254 applied, youtube won't play and just spin on both edge and chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after KB5028254 applied, youtube won't play and just spin on both edge and chrome: after KB5028254 applied, youtube won't play and just spin on both edge and chrome. after removed this patch, youtub works well on both edge and chrome.but win11 is asking me to install this KB5028254 again ?? how can I skip this patch ? or any comment ? many thanks....
  4. YouTube won't play higher that 240p

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    YouTube won't play higher that 240p: I have run out of places to search, so I am hoping someone here can help. I have an Alienware m17 R4 (i9 / RTX 3080) and with Edge, Chrome or Firefox, YouTube won't play videos consistently at a higher resolution than 240p. Sometimes I get 480p, but sometimes only 144p. I...
  5. Edge won't play CBS.com videos

in Browsers and Email
    Edge won't play CBS.com videos: Have uBlock Origin installed on Brave, Opera and Edge. They all play CBS videos except for Edge. In fact, commercials pop up in Edge but never shows videos. - - - - - Windows 10 Pro 170676
  6. Microsoft Edge - YouTube AdBlock

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge - YouTube AdBlock: I use adblock, have always used it, and after the new update I wanted to go from Chrome to the new Edge. Brought over adblock and other stuff from chrome, but the adblock doesnt seem to work on youtube on the edge browser... It works fine on Chrome though. submitted by...
  7. Won't play YouTube video

in Windows 10 Customization
    Won't play YouTube video: we set up restrictions when purchased the laptop. how do we now release the restrictions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-play-youtube-video/141a4a2f-5518-4d70-aafb-c06e593bbaa7
  8. Not able to play Youtube videos in Edge windows10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to play Youtube videos in Edge windows10: Dear Team, Unable to play youtube videos in Edge browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/not-able-to-play-youtube-videos-in-edge-windows10/0d39e71f-ce2d-40e6-af07-c8398bbe37cf
  9. Video won't play on my Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video won't play on my Microsoft Edge: Videos (on YouTube, Factbook, etc) play fine on my Google account but freeze, flash or go black when I try to play them on Edge. I've checked to make sure my adobe player is on in advanced settings. Anyone have the same problem? This only started happening in the past few...
  10. Videos Won't Play on Windows Edge

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Videos Won't Play on Windows Edge: Several months ago, my laptop stopped playing videos, whether they be YouTube, or even news videos. Only does this using MS Edge.. Chrome plays them fine. Saw a similar issue, and it said to solve change Rendering to Software rather than GPU Rendering. I changed it, restarted...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. youtube wont play on edge

2. youtube wont play on microsoft edge

3. youtube wont play in microsoft edge

4. youtube wont play,
  5. youtube wont play microsoft edge,
  6. youtube cunwars play microsct Edge