Windows 10: You've been pwned! Re: You're one of 28,510,459 people pwned in the...

Discus and support You've been pwned! Re: You're one of 28,510,459 people pwned in the... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; >You're one of 28,510,459 people pwned in the HauteLook data breach I am now even wary of submitting info to the website haveibeenpwned.com yet it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by phaedruspress, Mar 21, 2019.

1. You've been pwned! Re: You're one of 28,510,459 people pwned in the...

>You're one of 28,510,459 people pwned in the HauteLook data breach

I am now even wary of submitting info to the website haveibeenpwned.com yet it seems I have signed up for alerts in the past and I got one today:

You've been pwned!

You signed up for notifications when your account was pwned in a data breach and unfortunately, it's happened. Here's what's known about the breach:
    Email found: Breach: HauteLook Date of breach: 7 Aug 2018 Number of accounts: 28,510,459 Compromised data: Dates of birth, Email addresses, Genders, Geographic locations, Names, Passwords

My question is since that hack allegedly occurred 08/18 I have since changed my password for this particular email account sometime very late last year so if my password was obtained from that hack it is now different (and the new one can not be guessed : ) from the old one) so I am assuming that there is no need to change again, right? TIA.

:)

phaedruspress, Mar 21, 2019
  2. mandelore Win User

Portal pwned!

I did find many little hidden things, and liked the kinda pissed off presentation about how Aperture science got pwned in the research grants field against Bleck Mesa

mandelore, Mar 21, 2019
  3. DaMulta Win User
    Worst Chipsets EVER

ATi is not on that list Pwned!!!!

DaMulta, Mar 21, 2019
  4. HolyCow02 Win User

You've been pwned! Re: You're one of 28,510,459 people pwned in the...

The List Of Ps3 Games...

haha these lists are all over the place...

HolyCow02, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

You've been pwned! Re: You're one of 28,510,459 people pwned in the...

1. You've been pwned! Re: You're one of 28,510,459 people pwned in the... - Similar Threads - You've been pwned

2. You've been signed in with a temporary profile

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    You've been signed in with a temporary profile: When ever I sign in with my account I get a weird text saying PREPARING WINDOWS and then when I open it I see that all my data is gone, my folders are empty, my desktop is empty, I tried the registry editor trick, I tried the cmd trick but none of it is working, when I did...
  3. You've lost access to your emails The inbox you've been using is no longer available.

You've lost access to your emails The inbox you've been using is no longer available.: Hi, After reistallation of WIn 10, my mum is getting the above issue with "This can occur when your account is owned by an organisation, or when someone else confirms ownership of the email address." As I've been supporting the installation remotely needed after a...
  4. RE People application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RE People application: 2 Questions: #1 whey can I only select Outlook 365 to import contacts but not Outlook 2016 #2 how do I add contacts from My Documents / Contacts This app does not appear to be well thought out if I have these obvious questions?...
  5. Have I been pwned?

Have I been pwned?: Goto: Attention Required! | Cloudflare When I enter my email, the received message states: "Oh no pwned! Pwned on 1 breached site and found no pastes (subscribe to search sensitive breaches)" Is this something to be concerned about? 157606
  6. Have I Been Pwned No Longer For Sale

in Windows 10 News
    Have I Been Pwned No Longer For Sale: After announcing last year that he was looking to sell Have I Been Pwned (HIPB), Troy Hunt said this week that the popular service has been pulled off the market and will instead continue to be run independently. HIBP offers a free service for consumers to check if their...
  7. You've been log in on a temp account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    You've been log in on a temp account: I turn my laptop on sleep for about 30mins... then turn it backed on... then after inputing my password on my user account it freezes or takes a while on loging in.. so i decided to hard reset ( hold power button for 10 secs)... then after rebooting im always loged in for a...
  8. What to do when you've been hacked?

What to do when you've been hacked?: I can't login to my computer (Lenovo). Usually I use my PIN, but it's asking for my password, which I enter, yet it won't accept it. There were signs along the way: unusual Spam (yahoo email), friend informed me of receiving unsolicited emails and computer issues I...
  9. You've been logged in as a temporary user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    You've been logged in as a temporary user: I have looked for a post on this but can't find one with an answer, so apologies for the multi-post! i've done an upgrade install of win10 from 8.1, and from a hardware PoV all is running smoothly. The only issue is I can't access any of my old user files or settings....
  10. You've been signed in with temporary profile error

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    You've been signed in with temporary profile error: I upgraded to windows 10 about a month ago, from windows 7 home edition (64 bit). I didn't have problems for a few weeks, everything worked correctly. I connected my user with my MS account and that worked as well. The problem started, when about 4 days ago i turned on...