Windows 10: You've been signed in with a temporary profile

Discus and support You've been signed in with a temporary profile in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When ever I sign in with my account I get a weird text saying PREPARING WINDOWS and then when I open it I see that all my data is gone, my folders are... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AryaKhushi, Sep 19, 2021.

1. You've been signed in with a temporary profile

When ever I sign in with my account I get a weird text saying PREPARING WINDOWS and then when I open it I see that all my data is gone, my folders are empty, my desktop is empty, I tried the registry editor trick, I tried the cmd trick but none of it is working, when I did the cmd trick, I would say that NO INSTANCES AVAILABLE. Please tell me some solutions EXCEPT TELLING ME TO CREATE ANOTHER USER ACCOUNT AND TRANSFER ALL THE DATA IN IT, AND I ALSO KNOW THAT MY DATA IS IN THE THIS PC FOLDER, I COPY PASTE, THEN WHEN I OPEN IT AGAIN IT HAS ALL GONE TO WASTEThis my dad's laptop and he needs it ti

:)

AryaKhushi, Sep 19, 2021

2. Temporary Profile

Hi,

Use these methods along with those in my previous reply.

How to Fix "You've been signed in with a temporary profile" Error in Windows 8 and 8.1 (Windows 10 is the same)

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/38817-you-ve-been-signed-temporary-profile-fix.html

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows Experience : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Sep 19, 2021
  3. giving me the you have been signed into a temporary profile

My PC is giving me the you have been signed into a temporary profile bullshit every time i log in with password. It proceeds to then always do this no matter how much I try to fix it. Fix You've been signed in with a temporary profile in Windows 10 that is the forum that I used. I tried every step for one .bak file but nothing worked. It just always logs me into a temporary profile no matter what I do to fix it.

TheMinevenger, Sep 19, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

You've been signed in with a temporary profile

Brink, Sep 19, 2021
Thema:

You've been signed in with a temporary profile

1. You've been signed in with a temporary profile - Similar Threads - You've been signed

2. Temp profile - files and folders lost 'You've been signed in with a temporary profile'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temp profile - files and folders lost 'You've been signed in with a temporary profile': Most folders and files under c:\users\xxxxx\ is either empty or completely missing. No trace anywhere! This issue is haunting lot of our users. The old fix of restoring through regedit winnt\profilelist doesn't help. I would like to know the root cause of this issue as we...
  3. Temp profile - files and folders lost 'You've been signed in with a temporary profile'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temp profile - files and folders lost 'You've been signed in with a temporary profile': Most folders and files under c:\users\xxxxx\ is either empty or completely missing. No trace anywhere! This issue is haunting lot of our users. The old fix of restoring through regedit winnt\profilelist doesn't help. I would like to know the root cause of this issue as we...
  4. Temp profile - files and folders lost 'You've been signed in with a temporary profile'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. You've been signed in with a temorary profile windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    You've been signed in with a temorary profile windows 10: I went on my computer and this message came up. Now all my stuff is gone. I tried to fix it by deleting the temporary profile and getting rid of the .bak from the real one, but it came back! Then I deleted both of them, yet it still returned. Please help....
  6. Ive been signed into a temporary profile

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Ive been signed into a temporary profile: After I updated windows last night, I got signed into a temporary profile, and I have no idea how to get back to my original one. I tried signing in and out as it said through the troubleshoot menu in the settings and that did not work....
  7. Windows 10: You've been signed in with a temporary profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10: You've been signed in with a temporary profile: When I reset my computer for my friend to use it everything when to crap. I updated it and it has windows 10 now. But every time I try to restart it, it is unable to sign in and says you are logged onto a temporary account. I can't use any apps and the computer barely...
  8. You've been logged in as a temporary user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    You've been logged in as a temporary user: I have looked for a post on this but can't find one with an answer, so apologies for the multi-post! i've done an upgrade install of win10 from 8.1, and from a hardware PoV all is running smoothly. The only issue is I can't access any of my old user files or settings....
  9. You've been signed in with temporary profile error

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    You've been signed in with temporary profile error: I upgraded to windows 10 about a month ago, from windows 7 home edition (64 bit). I didn't have problems for a few weeks, everything worked correctly. I connected my user with my MS account and that worked as well. The problem started, when about 4 days ago i turned on...
  10. Fix You've been signed in with a temporary profile in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Fix You've been signed in with a temporary profile in Windows 10: How to: Fix You've been signed in with a temporary profile in Windows 10 How to Fix 'You've been signed in with a temporary profile' Error in Windows 10 A user profile is a collection of settings that make the computer look and work the way you want it to for a user...