Windows 10: YSK that Powertoys Run can filter results using quotation marks or dashes.

Discus and support YSK that Powertoys Run can filter results using quotation marks or dashes. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Tips in Action: https://imgur.com/a/XuIySZO All quotations marks in the dashes section are simply there to emphasize the file names When searching... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/macksfor3, Mar 6, 2021.

1. YSK that Powertoys Run can filter results using quotation marks or dashes.

Tips in Action: https://imgur.com/a/XuIySZO

All quotations marks in the dashes section are simply there to emphasize the file names

When searching for a file in powertoys run you can use "-" to filter out words or terms you do not want. For example:

• searching png = show all indexed files with png in their name

• searching png -wolf = all files with png in them and without the word wolf from the results.

• Weirdly enough, the dash only works on a term that is separate from other numbers or letters. So the search term "png -wolf" will still bring up a file named "pngwolf" or "png9wolf" but not "png_wolf"

Using quotation marks around a search term means you are only looking for files with that search term in it. For example:

• searching "w" will bring up any files with a standalone w in their name. It will not bring up a file named ww

• The search term you are searching must be standalone, otherwise powertoys run will ignore it. searching with the search term "magic"(quotations included!) will not bring up a file named magic11
    submitted by /u/macksfor3
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/macksfor3, Mar 6, 2021
  2. TaoErik Win User

crazy quotation marks

when I type quotation marks the first one is inverted and at the bottom of the line, the second, turned around. eg.: „of new possibilities“

This is happening in only one document. and the only soultion is to cut and past every correct quotation mark.

I have read all the similar questions and no one has suggested a correction that works. There are lots of language related suggestions but all solutions thus far have failed. Please give explicit instructions.

Please, please help!

TaoErik, Mar 6, 2021
  3. Dumb Windows 10 quotation mark input

I've tired to fight against Windows 10 input method. It's stupid and extremely irritating. I have English United States-International keyboard and when I press ' or Shift+' no characters are printed to input. Only when I press the same key again again it
    outputs two same characters. So when I want to put some thing to quotation mark I must do next steps:

• Press Shift+'
    • Press Shift+'
    • Press left arrow
    • Input text
    • Press right arrow
    Compare with previous flow

• Press Shift+'
    • Input text
    • Press Shift+'
    Looks much more simple? Yes? So, what the hell made you MS to "improve" quotation mark inputting? And so what I have to do if I just <removed> want to input only one quotation mark character? Press Shift+' twice and after then backspace? Are you <removed>
    crazy? Where in settings maze are you hiding option to fix this issue? Who is that "genius" who invented this <removed>? When MS hired this "genius" did
    the interview checked competency or there was
    senseless questions like "Why manhole covers are typically round"? Who did approve this "genius" improvement? Are you <removed>OK?

EvilCore2DuoInside, Mar 6, 2021
  4. YSK that Powertoys Run can filter results using quotation marks or dashes.

powertoys for win10

Hi fpefpe, I am Rob, an independent and a 14 time and dual award MVP specializing in Windows troubleshooting and Bluescreen analysis. Please remember as independents we are not responsible for the development of Windows or the computer hardware and drivers.
    If you will work with me I will be here to help until the issue is resolved.

PowerToys is now available at Microsoft's GitHub

GitHub - PowerToys

https://github.com/microsoft/PowerToys/tree/b4f...

microsoft/PowerToys

Releases · microsoft/PowerToys

Though not officially supported you will find experienced users on Microsoft's TechNet Forums.

TechNet - Windows 10 - General

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-...

Here to help

Rob

moe ee ee e

------

Standard Disclaimer: Those may be non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance. Feedback definitely helps us help all.

Rob B. - MVP, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

YSK that Powertoys Run can filter results using quotation marks or dashes.

1. YSK that Powertoys Run can filter results using quotation marks or dashes. - Similar Threads - YSK Powertoys Run

2. quotation marks instead of the at symbol.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    quotation marks instead of the at symbol.: I am currently using a windows 11 system, and u just got my new keyboard. I came across this issue when i had to enter my email address to log in to some applications. Please help me out with this. I have tried all other solutions suggested in the internet, but to no...
  3. quotation marks instead of the at symbol.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    quotation marks instead of the at symbol.: I am currently using a windows 11 system, and u just got my new keyboard. I came across this issue when i had to enter my email address to log in to some applications. Please help me out with this. I have tried all other solutions suggested in the internet, but to no...
  4. Quotation marks + apostrophes are curly “ by default instead of regular " quotation marks...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quotation marks + apostrophes are curly “ by default instead of regular " quotation marks...: When typing in Notion, instead of inputting regular quotation marks and apostrophes when the respective keys are pressed I get curly quotation marks and curly apostrophes insteadChanging the keyboard layout/language has not solved the problem, neither has using a different...
  5. Quotation marks + apostrophes are curly “ by default instead of regular " quotation marks...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quotation marks + apostrophes are curly “ by default instead of regular " quotation marks...: When typing in Notion, instead of inputting regular quotation marks and apostrophes when the respective keys are pressed I get curly quotation marks and curly apostrophes insteadChanging the keyboard layout/language has not solved the problem, neither has using a different...
  6. Quotation marks switch with the @ symbol

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quotation marks switch with the @ symbol: The quotation mark and @ symbol occasionally switch. I can write for hours in Word or other programs/apps and then suddenly instead of quotes, I get the @ symbol. It's a real pain. The only solution I have found is to restart my computer. Obviously this is a hassle to do...
  7. Can't type quotation marks

Can't type quotation marks: My problem started randomly. I can't type quotation marks from my keyboard like i used to. I can type é when i press shift and the key. I can type < when i press alt gr and the key. I can't type quotation marks with on-screen keyboard too....
  8. Can't type quotation marks (")

Can't type quotation marks ("): Hi, Normally when using US (International keyboard) settings, typing [ Shift + ' + Space ] gives you [ " ]. However, for me both typing [ ' + Space] and typing [ Shift + ' + Space ] all give me [ ' ]. In order to type a quotation mark, my only option is to type [ Shift + '...
  9. Duplicate quotation marks and parentheses

Duplicate quotation marks and parentheses: All of a sudden, when I want to put something in quotes or parentheses, I'm getting two back-to-back, which is making me crazy. I've noticed it mostly in browsers. It's extra work to have to back and move the cursor in between them to type. How do I disable this?...
  10. Quotation Marks Doubled

Quotation Marks Doubled: Suddenly, when in the middle of a document, my Word for Windows 10 started making two quotation marks, or two apostrophes, when I hit the key. What did I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quotation-marks-doubled/587a1871-60d6-4f94-bbee-791895edd1e2