Windows 10: Yubikey Two-Factor Authentication

Discus and support Yubikey Two-Factor Authentication in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi....I just purchased a " Yubikey " to use with the password manager LastPass and it works very well as a two-factor authentication. I sign on to my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by lat227, Apr 30, 2019.

1. lat227 Win User

Yubikey Two-Factor Authentication

Hi....I just purchased a " Yubikey " to use with the password manager LastPass and it works very well as a two-factor authentication. I sign on to my PC with my Microsoft account and would like to use the Yubikey as a two-factor there also. I can't seem to find a procedure at Microsoft that explains how to set this up correctly. The last thing I want to do is lock myself out of my PC.

I need to know ;

(1) The procedure to setup a Yubikey with a Microsoft account.

(2) Will the Yubikey work OK on any PC that I may sign onto with my Microsoft account. I have several PC's i often sign into .

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.....Larry

:)

lat227, Apr 30, 2019
  2. hofkar Win User

Where/how to get a two-factor authenticator that works everwhere?

23July2018.
    Where to get a 2-factor authenticator that
    works on lap top pc with W10 upgrade, and
    on/together with a cellphone (there are internet
    somewhere there inside the phone, but I never
    used it).- I know you have TOPT/HOPT, DUO/DuoPush,
    winauth, Azure, Google authenticator, HMAX, RFC
    authenticators, U2F, 1password, Yubikey etc.
    But I would like to manage log-ins without a smartphone.
    The 2-factor log-in (text-code via phone) on Coinbase stopped
    working. On a cryptocurrency exchange you couldn`t do
    anything without a U2F.
    Remarks
    *note

hofkar, Apr 30, 2019
  3. XTL
    xTL Win User
    How To Create Two Factor Authentication for Remote Desktop

Hello artmanphoto, are you using the built in remote software that comes with windows 10 ?
    I too use remote software, so can i suggest you change to one of the following.
    Because the remote software that comes with windows is very insecure.

Teamviewer
    To use 2 step authenticator with teamviewer go here

Splashtop
    To use 2 step authenticator with splashtop go here

Radmin
    Does not have 2 step authentication as far as i know.
    But it does have IP Filter, very high security.

All 3 have very high security,
    Splashtop & teamviewer both have so you can add two factor authentication with google authenticatior.
    Personally i prefer radmin Yubikey Two-Factor Authentication :)

4. Rose Cal Win User

Yubikey login support

Hi,

Log in issues can be caused by invalid password or username. For us to assist you further, kindly answer the questions below:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried using Yubikey before?

We're looking forward for your response.

Rose Cal, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Yubikey Two-Factor Authentication - Similar Threads - Yubikey Factor Authentication

2. TWO FACTOR AUTHENTICATION APP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TWO FACTOR AUTHENTICATION APP: I have come to a disappointing realization that I can no longer access my Facebook account using the authentication app. In an attempt to resolve the issue, I removed the app from my secondary phone, but this step did not alleviate the problem. I have reached out to Facebook...
  3. Two Factor Authentication Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Factor Authentication Issue: Two Factor Authentication has been forced upon all users who aren't already using it. I have a user that doesn't have a phone, therefore cannot use the authenticator app, and it doesn't even give the option to use a phone number. This user cannot get onto the system and this...
  4. Two Factor Authentication Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two Factor Authentication Issue: Two Factor Authentication has been forced upon all users who aren't already using it. I have a user that doesn't have a phone, therefore cannot use the authenticator app, and it doesn't even give the option to use a phone number. This user cannot get onto the system and this...
  5. Two factor authentication problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two factor authentication problem.: i using my accout since long time. i'm using two factor authentication for privacy purpose. recently i lost my mobile number and can't get that number. thats why i can't access my account properly. what should i do now? where i can prove my identity i have every documents....
  6. Two factor authentication problem.

Two factor authentication problem.: i using my accout since long time. i'm using two factor authentication for privacy purpose. recently i lost my mobile number and can't get that number. thats why i can't access my account properly. what should i do now? where i can prove my identity i have every documents....
  7. Two-factor Authentication Recovery

Two-factor Authentication Recovery: I had 2FA set up on an android phone which is now broken - I did not 'back-up' the Microsoft 2FA app unfortunately. Is there a way to restore the accounts I had on there with my new phone?...
  8. Two-factor Authentication Recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two-factor Authentication Recovery: I had 2FA set up on an android phone which is now broken - I did not 'back-up' the Microsoft 2FA app unfortunately. Is there a way to restore the accounts I had on there with my new phone?...
  9. Two-factor Authentication Recovery

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Two Factor Authentication Issue

Two Factor Authentication Issue: I'll start by saying this is a temp account I created specifically to ask this question on the forum. I recently switched mobile devices and I had the Microsoft Authenticator app set up with my actual account on the old phone. When i transferred data to the new phone, i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 2 factor yubikey

2. ybikey and 2 factor