Windows 10: Yubikey Two-Factor Authentication

Discus and support Yubikey Two-Factor Authentication in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi....I just purchased a " Yubikey " to use with the password manager LastPass and it works very well as a two-factor authentication. I sign on to my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by lat227, Apr 30, 2019.

1. lat227 Win User

Yubikey Two-Factor Authentication

Hi....I just purchased a " Yubikey " to use with the password manager LastPass and it works very well as a two-factor authentication. I sign on to my PC with my Microsoft account and would like to use the Yubikey as a two-factor there also. I can't seem to find a procedure at Microsoft that explains how to set this up correctly. The last thing I want to do is lock myself out of my PC.

I need to know ;

(1) The procedure to setup a Yubikey with a Microsoft account.

(2) Will the Yubikey work OK on any PC that I may sign onto with my Microsoft account. I have several PC's i often sign into .

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.....Larry

:)

lat227, Apr 30, 2019
  2. hofkar Win User

Where/how to get a two-factor authenticator that works everwhere?

23July2018.
    Where to get a 2-factor authenticator that
    works on lap top pc with W10 upgrade, and
    on/together with a cellphone (there are internet
    somewhere there inside the phone, but I never
    used it).- I know you have TOPT/HOPT, DUO/DuoPush,
    winauth, Azure, Google authenticator, HMAX, RFC
    authenticators, U2F, 1password, Yubikey etc.
    But I would like to manage log-ins without a smartphone.
    The 2-factor log-in (text-code via phone) on Coinbase stopped
    working. On a cryptocurrency exchange you couldn`t do
    anything without a U2F.
    Remarks
    *note

hofkar, Apr 30, 2019
  3. XTL
    xTL Win User
    How To Create Two Factor Authentication for Remote Desktop

Hello artmanphoto, are you using the built in remote software that comes with windows 10 ?
    I too use remote software, so can i suggest you change to one of the following.
    Because the remote software that comes with windows is very insecure.

Teamviewer
    To use 2 step authenticator with teamviewer go here

Splashtop
    To use 2 step authenticator with splashtop go here

Radmin
    Does not have 2 step authentication as far as i know.
    But it does have IP Filter, very high security.

All 3 have very high security,
    Splashtop & teamviewer both have so you can add two factor authentication with google authenticatior.
    Personally i prefer radmin Yubikey Two-Factor Authentication :)

4. Rose Cal Win User

Yubikey login support

Hi,

Log in issues can be caused by invalid password or username. For us to assist you further, kindly answer the questions below:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried using Yubikey before?

We're looking forward for your response.

Rose Cal, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Yubikey Two-Factor Authentication - Similar Threads - Yubikey Factor Authentication

2. Windows Security pop up for YubiKey authentication on local webserver

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security pop up for YubiKey authentication on local webserver: I've been making a website that allows you authenticate your account using a yubikey. Before the 1903 feature update, I would login into the local website and insert the security key with no problem. Now when I do it, I get this "Windows Security Making sure it's you. Please...
  3. Two Factor Authentication Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two Factor Authentication Issue: I'll start by saying this is a temp account I created specifically to ask this question on the forum. I recently switched mobile devices and I had the Microsoft Authenticator app set up with my actual account on the old phone. When i transferred data to the new phone, i...
  4. How can I use the Microsoft Authenticator service to get a second authentication factor...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I use the Microsoft Authenticator service to get a second authentication factor...: I want to use Microsoft Authenticator to access sites that require the second authentication factor (TOTP – time-based One-time Password). I see that there is an app that it is only available for smartphones. How can I have that Microsoft Authentication service from a...
  5. How To Create Two Factor Authentication for Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How To Create Two Factor Authentication for Remote Desktop: Can someone please tell me how to create a Two Factor Authentication for my Remote Desktop. I am running Windows 10 Professional 64 bit. I recently was infected with a Ransomware virus and I am told that they probably came through my open Remote Desktop port that I use to...
  6. Where/how to get a two-factor authenticator that works everwhere?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where/how to get a two-factor authenticator that works everwhere?: 23July2018. Where to get a 2-factor authenticator that works on lap top pc with W10 upgrade, and on/together with a cellphone (there are internet somewhere there inside the phone, but I never used it).- I know you have TOPT/HOPT, DUO/DuoPush, winauth, Azure, Google...
  7. Skype for Business and Multi-Factor Authentication with DUO

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Skype for Business and Multi-Factor Authentication with DUO: We are looking to incorporate DUO (already own it for VPN Multi-Factor Authentication) into an Office 365 2016 tenancy for our MFA needs. We have tested the built in MFA and would like to avoid using the 'app password' with Skype for Business. We have spun up a test O365...
  8. Does local account support Two-factor authentication?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Does local account support Two-factor authentication?: I'm guessing one needs a Microsoft account for it... but I'm not sure, I would like it to first scan my fingerprint then I get prompted for a password. Does anyone know if this is possible on a local account? 91950
  9. Windows Logon: 2-Factor Biometric Authentication

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Logon: 2-Factor Biometric Authentication: I have done some reading that Windows10 will incorporate 2-factor authentication. I was wondering for Windows Logon, does Windows10 support password AND biometric (e.g. fingerprint) authentication? If so, can you provide any feedback on exactly how this is implemented?...
  10. Two-factor authentication with Microsoft Passport and Windows Hello

in Windows 10 News
    Two-factor authentication with Microsoft Passport and Windows Hello: If your app handles user data, then secure authentication should be one of your primary concerns. Identity management is a hard thing to do well, involving encryption, reset mechanisms, and other security measures. Two-factor authentication is more common nowadays, but it...