Windows 10: YUMI - One ultimate USB Bootable Stick to rule them all!

Discus and support YUMI - One ultimate USB Bootable Stick to rule them all! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey guys, After solving some recent booting issues with Windows 10 i figured i'd pick up one of my old projects i had lying around. My goal actually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by NessPJ, Aug 16, 2019.

1. NessPJ Win User

YUMI - One ultimate USB Bootable Stick to rule them all!

Hey guys,

After solving some recent booting issues with Windows 10 i figured i'd pick up one of my old projects i had lying around.
    My goal actually was to have a single 32GB Bootable USB Flashdrive with enough tools at my disposal so if i ever ran into any trouble (or went to help someone else), it was going to be all i needed!

Someone hinted me that YUMI was a great tool to create a bootable USB stick that could carry mutliple images so i got that and started experimenting with it.

The following images are the ones i would like to put on this USB stick:
    - Windows 10 Pro x64 ISO (this way i have an installer and Recovery Environment at my disposal) -WIMBOOT
    - Ultimate BootCD USB ISO (v538 was the latest i think)
    - Macrium Reflect Rescue ISO 64-bit
    - Minitool Partition Wizard ISO

Since the latter 3 are not supported by YUMI by default i had to guess and pick use: 'An Unlisted ISO'.
    This gives the option for several bootloaders. In several YT tutorials i saw people select the default GRUB loader.
    The 'Minitool Partition Wizard ISO' does not seem to want to work with that though.
    Everything else seems to work fine (except for some exotic options the UBCD image holds...but thats fine).

Anyone else have experience with this and might know of a way to get that Minitool image to work? YUMI - One ultimate USB Bootable Stick to rule them all! :)

The remaining space on my bootdrive is used for several Windows executables, installers etc.
    But if anyone thinks i am missing a majorly useful ISO feel free to let me know! YUMI - One ultimate USB Bootable Stick to rule them all! :)

:)

NessPJ, Aug 16, 2019
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Aug 16, 2019
  3. silkstone Win User
    silkstone, Aug 16, 2019
  4. Ztruker Win User

YUMI and BSOD no help from YUMI

I don't know why YUMI didn't boot but I have a suggestion that should make that a moot point. Instead, use Kyhi's WinPE Rescue disk. I think it's the best rescue tool around. Boots Windows 10 and has a bunch of tools to resolve many of the problems you run into.

See here: Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk from KYHI

As for YUMI, is your PC a UEFI system or an older BIOS system. If UEFI, then the flash driuve has to be UEFI bootable or you need to set CSM (compatibility) mode in the UEFI setup then you should be able to boot YUMI.

I couldn't find one, but maybe there is a forum where YUMI is discussed, somewhere on the pENDRIVElINUX SITE PERHAPS?

Ztruker, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

1. YUMI - One ultimate USB Bootable Stick to rule them all! - Similar Threads - YUMI ultimate USB

2. Bootable USB stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bootable USB stick: I downloaded from the official website the ISO of Windows 10, the one released on 10th of October 2020. At the moment I'm using Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS, and I want to go back to windows OS. As probably many know, while creating the bootable USB stick with windows ISO, I encounter...
  3. Bootable USB stick (Windows)?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bootable USB stick (Windows)?: How long does it take to create a bootable USB stick? Bootfähiger USB Stick (Windows)?
  4. Folder options- one setting to rule them all

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder options- one setting to rule them all: In folders explorer, the "Intelligent folder type" annoys me to no end, and setting and resetting the folder display style and properties is a constant battle in my workflow. If I can't nuke it altogether, how do I set ALL system-wide folders to a specific display once and...
  5. Is my USB stick still bootable?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is my USB stick still bootable?: Hi guys If one installs Windows 10 on a USB stick with Media Creation Tool, the USB stick is also created directly bootable. If I then remove the content from the USB stick without formatting, will the stick remain bootable for as long as this takes? Ciao Ist mein...
  6. Create a bootable USB stick via Mac?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Create a bootable USB stick via Mac?: Hello, I recently assembled a new PC, but now I need a bootable USB stick. Unfortunately I only have a Mac at home and don't know exactly how to create Windows 10 on the USB stick. I've already looked at a lot of things, but everybody does it differently. Can somebody...
  7. usb live stick, lost bootability and accessibility

in Windows 10 Support
    usb live stick, lost bootability and accessibility: i made bootable usb stick using winsetupfromusb.exe, content multiple useful tools, such hirenbcd, ubcd, antivirus, tails... and many *.iso. few days ago, i was messing around ubcd tools and ended ruined my boot usb repair tool. all data and iso are intact, all subfolder...
  8. YUMI and BSOD no help from YUMI

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    YUMI and BSOD no help from YUMI: I recently had a BSOD issue in Windows10. A while ago I created a YUMI thumb drive, assuming when I boot into the thumb drive I would be presented with what rescue disc I had installed on the thumb drive which I wanted to boot into. Instead when the thumb drive loaded,...
  9. All in one USB Stick

All in one USB Stick: Hi, Is there anyway to create a all in one install USB stick using the media creation tool. I have 2 pc's running windows 10 Pro and a laptop running windows 10 Home . It just saves me having to have 2 separate install USB Sticks. I have seen torrents available but I'd...
  10. YUMI – Multiboot USB Setup Question

YUMI – Multiboot USB Setup Question: Has anyone had success with the YUMI – Multiboot tool to setup a USB with multiple ISO images? I set one up on a few different USB drives and each time i do it, it lists all ISO images to install but no matter what, it only loads and installs the last ISO i loaded. Ex:...