Windows 10: "z" key no longer works

Discus and support "z" key no longer works in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My "z" key does not work on my keyboard. It was working a couple days ago and now it just does not work and I have no idea why. I have connected it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TotesMcFloats, Jul 11, 2019.

1. "z" key no longer works

My "z" key does not work on my keyboard. It was working a couple days ago and now it just does not work and I have no idea why. I have connected it to my other computer and the "z" key works but on my main computer it does not. I noticed that I can use it at the login menu upon restarting my pc but once I login it no longer works.

:)

TotesMcFloats, Jul 11, 2019

2. Vodafone K4510-Z Compatibility with Windows10

Hi Andre,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to uninstall the current driver for Vodafone K4510-Z, download the latest driver from manufacturer’s website and install it in compatibility mode.

Follow the below step.

Step 1: Uninstall Vodafone K4510-Z driver.

• Press Windows key + x and select Program and Feature.

• Select Vodafone K4510-Z.

• Right click and select Uninstall.
    Step 2: Download the latest driver from the manufacturer’s website and install it in compatibility mode.

To run a program in compatibility mode, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Sound Blaster Z does not work after lastest windows Update

Hi Robert,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get any error message?
    • Which is the latest build installed in your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps are you referring to?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Are you able to hear sound from internal Speakers?

I suggest you toRun the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
    and check the status.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Do let us know if Sound Blaster Z works as it should. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

"z" key no longer works

How to disappear the Z partition in "This PC"

Hi Disal,

To delete the Z: drive partition, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + R. Type diskmgmt.msc, then hit
      Enter.
    • Right-click on the partition, then select Delete Volume to delete a partition.

Note: This option deletes every single file on the partition, please be careful when using it.

We also suggest running Microsoft Safety Scanner to scan and protect your computer from any viruses.

Update us with the result.

Riel Alc, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

"z" key no longer works

1. "z" key no longer works - Similar Threads - key longer works

2. z,x &ctrl keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    z,x &ctrl keys not working: Z, X, and Ctrl don't work unless I'm pressing another key. Ctrl won't work unless I press the key twice.For example I have to do Ctrl + C twice in attempting to copy something. It writes c the first time and then copies anything if possible.Ctrl + v won't paste unless you...
  3. z,x & ctrl Keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    z,x & ctrl Keys not working: Z, X, and Ctrl don't work unless I'm pressing another key. Ctrl won't work unless I press the key twice.For example I have to do Ctrl + C twice in attempting to copy something. It writes c the first time and then copies anything if possible.Ctrl + v won't paste unless you...
  4. z,x &ctrl keys not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    z,x &ctrl keys not working: Z, X, and Ctrl don't work unless I'm pressing another key. Ctrl won't work unless I press the key twice.For example I have to do Ctrl + C twice in attempting to copy something. It writes c the first time and then copies anything if possible.Ctrl + v won't paste unless you...
  5. z,x & ctrl Keys not working

z,x & ctrl Keys not working: Z, X, and Ctrl don't work unless I'm pressing another key. Ctrl won't work unless I press the key twice.For example I have to do Ctrl + C twice in attempting to copy something. It writes c the first time and then copies anything if possible.Ctrl + v won't paste unless you...
  6. Z and W keys stopped working suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Z and W keys stopped working suddenly: The Z and W keys stopped working suddenly on my keyboard I cleaned it but it still doesn't work i also run a keyboard troubleshoot but they say there is no problem all the other keys work just fine , i was playing a game yesterday and suddenly the Z key stopped and shortly...
  7. Z and W keys stopped working suddenly

Z and W keys stopped working suddenly: The Z and W keys stopped working suddenly on my keyboard I cleaned it but it still doesn't work i also run a keyboard troubleshoot but they say there is no problem all the other keys work just fine , i was playing a game yesterday and suddenly the Z key stopped and shortly...
  8. My z key isnt working at all anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My z key isnt working at all anymore: Title gives you a basic rundown, but I'll detail it here:I've tried:-Uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them-Running a virus scan-Changing my language inputIt's also a laptop so I can't exactly get a new keyboard or anything sadly. I can, however, copy and paste it,...
  9. Windows Key is No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Key is No Longer Working: The other day I was bouncing back and forth between the game I was playing and YouTube, at some point I brought up a menu that showed key control settings; Like which key did what. I'm not sure if it was hot keys or what, I looked at the screen briefly and don't know what I...
  10. Alt-Tab and Z key doesn’t work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt-Tab and Z key doesn’t work: Hey I’ve been having a issue with my computer. I’m running windows 10 and everything worked fine for a while. But recently whenever I try using alt-tab it would close all my windows like games and apps. I’ve restarted by pc and it fixes it for like 10 minutes. Also when this...