Windows 10: Z key on keyboard stopped working. Can't log in to admin account. Advice?

Discus and support Z key on keyboard stopped working. Can't log in to admin account. Advice? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Z key basically stopped working out of nowhere and I can't log into my admin account as the password contains Z. How do I reset the password without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EstebanJulioRamirez, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Z key on keyboard stopped working. Can't log in to admin account. Advice?

Z key basically stopped working out of nowhere and I can't log into my admin account as the password contains Z.
    How do I reset the password without singing in or what other alternatives are there?

submitted by /u/EstebanJulioRamirez
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EstebanJulioRamirez, Aug 17, 2020
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

random keyboard keys stop working?

i went out today and everything was fine, i come home and three random keys stopped working, maybe more i havent noticed yet. the three key on the left side of the keyboard not working, the left shift stopped working, and the enter key stopped working, but the one on the numpad works fine. no one was home to use it, nothing spilled on it, i tried it on another computer and same deal. im gonna go buy a new one tomorrow but it makes me sad cause i loved this keyboard lol, microsoft ergonomic 4000. ill probably buy the same exact one if its in stock tomorrow, this one lasted or 4 years about. im just confused why three random keys spread out stopped working at the same time...seems very weird

OrbitzXT, Aug 17, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 17, 2020
  4. Z key on keyboard stopped working. Can't log in to admin account. Advice?

Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

Z key on keyboard stopped working. Can't log in to admin account. Advice?

1. Z key on keyboard stopped working. Can't log in to admin account. Advice? - Similar Threads - key keyboard stopped

2. Z won't work on the keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Z won't work on the keyboard: I can only use the letter Z if I am holding shift and when I hold Z, it randomly starts highlighting things and I don't know why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/z-wont-work-on-the-keyboard/4e5f4097-f2c6-4f5f-9b71-2d3018fe19bf
  3. Z won't work on the keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Z won't work on the keyboard: I can only use the letter Z if I am holding shift and when I hold Z, it randomly starts highlighting things and I don't know why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/z-wont-work-on-the-keyboard/4e5f4097-f2c6-4f5f-9b71-2d3018fe19bf
  4. Z and W keys stopped working suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Z and W keys stopped working suddenly: The Z and W keys stopped working suddenly on my keyboard I cleaned it but it still doesn't work i also run a keyboard troubleshoot but they say there is no problem all the other keys work just fine , i was playing a game yesterday and suddenly the Z key stopped and shortly...
  5. Z and W keys stopped working suddenly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Z and W keys stopped working suddenly: The Z and W keys stopped working suddenly on my keyboard I cleaned it but it still doesn't work i also run a keyboard troubleshoot but they say there is no problem all the other keys work just fine , i was playing a game yesterday and suddenly the Z key stopped and shortly...
  6. Can't log into admin account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log into admin account: I'm currently unable to log into the admin account on my windows 10 computer, the problem came after i tried to make a local account. I am able to log into that but in the account screen the main account has a sign in button that does not work and no option to enter a...
  7. Can't log into Admin account on W10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log into Admin account on W10: Okay, so I just bought this Laptop from Wal-Mart. When i booted it up for the first time it already had an account made called "2628". There was a password already on it, so i tried it, and the password was the same as the username. Used this computer for a couple of weeks...
  8. "z" key no longer works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "z" key no longer works: My "z" key does not work on my keyboard. It was working a couple days ago and now it just does not work and I have no idea why. I have connected it to my other computer and the "z" key works but on my main computer it does not. I noticed that I can use it at the login menu...
  9. Admin account and logging in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin account and logging in: I have a family computer that I wanted to "take ownership of". I logged in (I had the password) and tried following some directions for changing the user ID. I ended up deleting all the users, including the admin user. The computer stopped responding at all. The pointer...
  10. Z blaster stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Z blaster stopped working: This was fine the other day but suddenly stopped working. I uninstalled the device and restarted the computer and it made no difference. It says I have an MME error and nothing works but audio all around looks like it is up. I also cannot get audio from outside websites. Is...