Windows 10: Z370 Cold boot issue

Discus and support Z370 Cold boot issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all it's been a while. I hope you're all well. I'll apologize in advanced as this will have you scratching your heads. I recently upgraded and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ganji, May 15, 2018.

1. Ganji Win User

Z370 Cold boot issue

Hello all it's been a while. I hope you're all well.

I'll apologize in advanced as this will have you scratching your heads. I recently upgraded and since day 1 I've had trouble with cold boots, restarts are fine but if I shut down my pc and leave it for 15 minutes it won't boot and just hangs on the enter bios screen and the green light(boot drive) stays alight. If I force a shut down and try to boot again it will hang at the enter bios screen but will show the white light(gpu). The only way to boot is to remove the gpu and boot to Windows using on board graphics. Then shut down and put the gpu back in and then it will boot fine.

I even got Paulpicks to come around to see if he could maybe spot something I'd overlooked and he left scratching his head as much as me *Biggrin

Things we've tried.
    Disconnecting all drives except the os drive.
    Tested 1 stick of ram at a time in different slots.
    2 motherboards both the same model.
    GTX 770 and GTX 980ti.
    Re mounted cpu and cooler.
    Only connecting 1 monitor using a DVI cable.
    Everything has been re seated and all power cables checked.
    I've re built the rig twice.
    Setting voltages manually.
    Opt defaults and with XMP enabled.
    2 different keyboards.
    Old and new versions of Corsairs utility engine.
    All on a fresh install of Win 10 Pro.

For 10 days or more we've just been going around in circles and there is no consistency to it at all.

Specs are as follows

PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000w
    CPU: i7 8700k
    Mobo: ASUS Z370 ROG Strix Gaming E(bios 0615)
    RAM: 16Gb Corsair Vengence DDR4
    SSD's 250Gb Crucial BX, 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo, 120Gb OCZ Agility 4.
    Hdd's: 1Tb Hitachi, 2TB Seagate
    CPU Cooler: EK Predator 240

I've got to the point of giving up now and don't shut my pc down so any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Ganji, May 15, 2018

2. lg windows 7 cold boot

my lg optimum 7 keeps cold booting itself and i don't know how to stop it

changalesa, May 15, 2018
  3. mfgadv Win User
    Unable to hard reset LG Quantum phone with cold boot.

Upgraded Windows Phone 7 software and downloaded an app (Jack of Tools). When I tried to open the new app, it shut down the device when it tried to run Location Services to get the lat/long coordinates. I've tried to cold boot by holding down Camera, Volume,
    and Power at the same time. A Cold Boot message appears, but that's as far as I get. It just keeps displaying the Cold Boot message until I take out the battery. Any other tricks to force a cold boot that anyone knows of?

Thanks, Greg

mfgadv, May 15, 2018
Thema:

Z370 Cold boot issue

1. Z370 Cold boot issue - Similar Threads - Z370 Cold boot

2. BSOD upon Win 11 Cold boot, then no issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD upon Win 11 Cold boot, then no issues: Hi,I would like help to diagnose why my Win 11 computer from a few months ago will go into a BSOD reboot whenever I switch it on. The reboot happens without me having to log into the system. Upon reboot, the pictorial login screen that originally loads comes up as a blue...
  3. BSOD upon Win 11 Cold boot, then no issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD upon Win 11 Cold boot, then no issues: Hi,I would like help to diagnose why my Win 11 computer from a few months ago will go into a BSOD reboot whenever I switch it on. The reboot happens without me having to log into the system. Upon reboot, the pictorial login screen that originally loads comes up as a blue...
  4. Cold boot BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cold boot BSOD: Everyday at startup I get a BSOD. This only happens once and then never for the duration the pc is on. The BSOD errors sometimes vary but this is a analyzed dump file from a recent one:******************************************************************************** **...
  5. Cold boot BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cold boot BSOD: Everyday at startup I get a BSOD. This only happens once and then never for the duration the pc is on. The BSOD errors sometimes vary but this is a analyzed dump file from a recent one:******************************************************************************** **...
  6. Cold boot BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. BSOD on cold boot.

BSOD on cold boot.: I have been getting a variety of BSOD's on cold boots. After the first BSOD, everything runs smoothly thereafter; any amount of stress on the PC doesn't cause any BSOD. Things I have tried: Updated bios and all the motherboard related whatnot. Tried to update all my...
  8. BSOD at every cold boot

BSOD at every cold boot: Hello everyone, having BSOD at every cold boot. This is happening on my desktop (first build I made), hardware is: MB: Asus Maximus VIII Gene CPU: Intel i5-6600k RAM: 2x 8GB Crucial Ballistix GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 Founders Edition Windows 10 Pro 64bit Hoping this is...
  9. Cold boot issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cold boot issues: Hello, i have this issue on one PC that I've installed windows 10 and it doesn't boot properly. It goes to the windows logo part then it hangs for a bit before shutting itself down , then i need to power it on again and it will boot after a while. It also creates massive...
  10. sleep/shutdown/cold boot issues

in Windows 10 Support
    sleep/shutdown/cold boot issues: HP 8540w laptop, W10 up to date (14393-693), power config high performance, shutdown on lid close, sleep on power button, no devices wake computer except mouse and keyboard. Started with two issues: 1; Computer restarts immediately after a shutdown or sleep command. The...