Windows 10: z97 chipset

Discus and support z97 chipset in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When are you going to fix the 20h2 update conflict with z97 motherboards?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DemoniacElf, Oct 11, 2021.

1. z97 chipset

When are you going to fix the 20h2 update conflict with z97 motherboards?

:)

DemoniacElf, Oct 11, 2021

2. Z97 Express chipset USB support fails

Manufacturers (in this case MSI but I've seen others reported) who used the Z97 Express chipset for USB didn't provide Windows 10 drivers, because Intel didn't provide Windows 10 drivers, because they said Microsoft's drivers would work, and they don't.

There's a "not migrated" error in events on the drivers themselves, and USB works inconsistently (generally fails on every other boot, which makes switching to safe mode or a fresh install extremely difficult).

The WHQL drivers appear to work correctly on the H81 Express and Q87 chipset but still have the migration error in their events tab.

I've spent a week trying to get this to work, from hacking inf files for the Win 7 drivers to trying to use drivers for the same chipset from other manufacturers to an *extremely* frustrating clean install, with the same end results.

I find it kind of difficult to believe that *Haswell* is so obsolete it's not worth supporting by any of the parties involved.

I'm still trying to find a way to report this as a bug where it will actually be seen. It may be as simple to fix as someone who can actually write drivers updating the Windows 7 drivers, as an upgrade install over Windows 7 is reported to work by some users.

Motherboards tested: Gigabyte Q87m-d2h, MSI Z97 PC Mate, Dell Optiplex 3020 (H81 Express)

As I mentioned a search for this found quite a number with the same problems, particularly on Z97 chipsets.

ChadReichle, Oct 11, 2021
  3. Nells250 Win User
    Intel Z97 Chipset Compatibility with Windows 10 64-bit?

HELLO all

I have had one person tell me that if I want to try and install Windows 10 64-bit onto my current 7 32-bit PC, I
    CAN'T because of my motherboard's chipset, which is Intel Z97.
    The motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI. The processor is
    Intel Core i5-4690 Haswell, which supposedly is 64-bit compatible.

Thing is, I can't find ANY reference elsewhere (including the Intel site) regarding chipsets and running 64-bit. The Gigabyte website lists my motherboard as being "Windows compatible" but doesn't say 32 or 64 bit.

Any info would be appreciated, THANKS!

(I haven't learned too much about chipsets yet, so please don't get too technical!)

Nells250, Oct 11, 2021
  4. RWOne Win User

z97 chipset

Chipset

Uninstall yours then report back ...

Here is an example of what the Z97 chipset assists with:

Intel® Z97 Chipset: Unleash Your Imagination

RWOne, Oct 11, 2021
Thema:

z97 chipset

1. z97 chipset - Similar Threads - z97 chipset

2. [Solved] Windows 10 22H2 installation problem. Crashing during runing windows update. MSI Z97

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    [Solved] Windows 10 22H2 installation problem. Crashing during runing windows update. MSI Z97: Hello, after 8 years of using my pc i've decided to make clean and fresh instalation of windows 10. I've created usb to perform installation and after running installation im constantly getting BSOD with information PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. There is no possibility to...
  3. My Asus z97-a crashes when I click start Windows normally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Asus z97-a crashes when I click start Windows normally: I got an old Asus z97-a motherboard and am not sure if it works but I've gotten it to read a drive with Windows and bring me to the screen that gives me 2 options on to start normally and one to repair stuff clicking repair works fine but doesn't seem to fix anything and...
  4. My Asus z97-a crashes when I click start Windows normally

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Asus z97-a crashes when I click start Windows normally: I got an old Asus z97-a motherboard and am not sure if it works but I've gotten it to read a drive with Windows and bring me to the screen that gives me 2 options on to start normally and one to repair stuff clicking repair works fine but doesn't seem to fix anything and...
  5. Z97 Pantalla azul por controlador Intel engine management

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Z97 Pantalla azul por controlador Intel engine management: Hola, tengo un problema muy grande.Desde el update de septiembre del 2020 en Windows mi computadora tiene pantalla azul a acada rato por falla de software, Incluso si intento quedarme en una versión anterior a esa en algún punto windows se actualiza solo y me da la pantalla...
  6. z97 chipset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    z97 chipset: When are you going to fix the 20h2 update conflict with z97 motherboards? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/z97-chipset/0c64f22e-51a7-4331-81ff-410fe3f87d0c
  7. z97 chipset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    z97 chipset: When are you going to fix the 20h2 update conflict with z97 motherboards? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/z97-chipset/0c64f22e-51a7-4331-81ff-410fe3f87d0c
  8. Z97 Express chipset USB support fails

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Z97 Express chipset USB support fails: Manufacturers in this case MSI but I've seen others reported who used the Z97 Express chipset for USB didn't provide Windows 10 drivers, because Intel didn't provide Windows 10 drivers, because they said Microsoft's drivers would work, and they don't. There's a "not...
  9. Intel MEI Z97 is not working with the updated driver 11.7.0.1045

Intel MEI Z97 is not working with the updated driver 11.7.0.1045: Today Windows Update updates my Intel Management Engine Interface driver my mobo is Asus Z97-Deluxe NFC & WLC to 11.7.0.1045. Now the device cannot start. I tried to uninstall the device, disable driver updating by Group Policy and Device Installation Settings. But the new...
  10. vl805 usb3 compatibility with z97

vl805 usb3 compatibility with z97: Hallo i want to ask if the intel z97 chipset is compatible with the vl805 usb3 pcie controller. I have 2 pcs and old one p5q with q9400 and a new one with asrock z97 aniversary and a i7 4790. If i put in the p5q the card vl805 and connect my usb3 hard drive enclosure it...