Windows 10: ZD410 and LP2824 Zebra printers stopped working after Windows update

Discus and support ZD410 and LP2824 Zebra printers stopped working after Windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 07/06/21 security update on Windows 10 Pro 21H1 caused USB connected Zebra label printers ZD410 and LP2824 to no longer work. Uninstalling the update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RFMLaboratory, Jul 7, 2021.

1. ZD410 and LP2824 Zebra printers stopped working after Windows update

07/06/21 security update on Windows 10 Pro 21H1 caused USB connected Zebra label printers ZD410 and LP2824 to no longer work. Uninstalling the update resolved the issue. Will Windows have a fix for this in a future update?

:)

RFMLaboratory, Jul 7, 2021

2. Windows 10 Updates - Changing Printer Properties

Our users (147) use both the Zebra LP2824 Thermal label printer and the Star TSP100 receipt printer. During the last several Windows 10 updates, something re-installs or changes the properties back to the default values. We have to manually change the label
    size back to the proper size and tell the receipt printer to open the cash drawer. Annoying and time consuming!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

JamesRyan_663, Jul 7, 2021
  3. New Win 10 Creators Update making Zebra LP 2844 or ZP 450 Not working

The following was provided by someone in another forum, which is Step 2. However, the following worked....

"They do not show up under Printers. They will show up under Other Devices under the Bluetooth & Other Devices page under Windows 10 Settings.

Forget about that, and open Device Manager (not a W10 app, but the legacy Control Panel). Look in Device Manager and you will see an "Other Devices" category. Click on it, find your Zebra, Update Drivers tab. That is where
    you need to manually select Printer, Zebra as manufacturer, then select the appropriate Zebra driver."

MS User12314, Jul 7, 2021
  4. ZD410 and LP2824 Zebra printers stopped working after Windows update

Windows 10 Update now Zebra 2844 Printer Problems with Endicia Pro and Dazzle

Got it "mostly working" now - call it 95%.

Driver for the LP2844 Zebra is listed on the Zebra website as compatible with windows 7.

So right clicking on the Dazzle software icon --> Properties --> Compatability Tab

Inside there - check box next to "Run As" and select Windows 7.

After a reboot - Zebra LP 2844 would print labels and not leave "data" in the print queue so the next label and the next label and so on will print.

However, every now and then (every 4 or 5 days) - the printer queue will misbehave as documented earlier in the thread.

I may try "Run As" Windows XP if it gets really annoying in the future.

Zebra does not seem to be planning to update the driver software so this fix might be all we can do.

Patrick Dott, Jul 7, 2021
Thema:

ZD410 and LP2824 Zebra printers stopped working after Windows update

1. ZD410 and LP2824 Zebra printers stopped working after Windows update - Similar Threads - ZD410 LP2824 Zebra

2. Zebra LP2844 Printers not working because of update KB5004945 - PrintNightmare

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Zebra LP2844 Printers not working because of update KB5004945 - PrintNightmare: Hi everyone.After the latest windows 10 update KB5004945 - PrintNightmare, all the "Zebra printers LP2844" stopped printing, and it's a very popular issue, we're getting calls every single day about it, from all over the UKI UK-Ireland market.The only option is to delete the...
  3. Zebra LP2844 Printer not working because of update KB5004945

Zebra LP2844 Printer not working because of update KB5004945: Hi everyone,After the latest windows 10 update KB5004946 all the "Zebra printers LP2844" stopped printing, and it's a very popular issue, we're getting calls every single day about it, from all over the uki marketThe only option is to delete the update printer starts working...
  4. Zebra Printer Issue

Zebra Printer Issue: When I am trying to print from windows 10 OS Build 1904 , screens turn to blue death screen and throws an error PC into problem. I see that it starts after I installed latest security update KB000802. What's the permanent solution for this without uninstalling the update....
  5. printer stopped working after Windows update

printer stopped working after Windows update: After auto update of Windows Windows 10S? my printer stopped working. Still no joy after several uninstalls and reinstalls of the printer driver. Suggestions?...
  6. Help. After Windows Update in May - Printer stopped working

Help. After Windows Update in May - Printer stopped working: I am on KB4497165. My Brother printer stopped working with KB4552931. Printer diagnostics doesn't find problem. Should I roll back to KB4549951?...
  7. printers stopped after update

printers stopped after update: the last round of win updates stopped several pc's in my office from being able to print. this was on several pc's and they are networked to several printers. we could see the printers but they would not do anything, not even a test page. nothing in the queue either....
  8. Printer stopped working after Windows 10 Update 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer stopped working after Windows 10 Update 1909: My wife's computer installed the Windows update yesterday, but today when she attempted to print to our networked Brother HL-4040CN, it would not print, not even a test page. It printed fine the day before. I attempted to troubleshoot, and tested printing from my laptop,...
  9. hp printer stops working after updating to 1809

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    hp printer stops working after updating to 1809: Greetings After updating to 1809 (to solve another problem) my printer stopped working. It is HP officejet 4500 G510n-z wireless. Original CD was for windows XP/7 so it doesn't work. Device setup downloaded from HP support fails even after neutralizing firewall, defender,...
  10. Dot Matrix Printer Stopped Working After Update

Dot Matrix Printer Stopped Working After Update: Hi, I'm new here. Desperate to make a thread regarding this issue. Yesterday (15 November 2017), I installed an update 2017-11 Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4049011) 2017-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems...