Windows 10: Zero % CPU Utilization?

Discus and support Zero % CPU Utilization? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all, I always optimize my system for minimum CPU/RAM usage. My current system always shows 1% CPU Utilization when idle (as reported by Task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by antares, Mar 28, 2019.

1. antares Win User

Zero % CPU Utilization?

Hi all, I always optimize my system for minimum CPU/RAM usage. My current system always shows 1% CPU Utilization when idle (as reported by Task Manager), but never 0%. I remember in the XP or Win7/8.1 days that 0% was achievable. So my question is, can I still tweak something to obtain 0% CPU utilization? Or this is not possible with Windows 10? Thanks

:)

antares, Mar 28, 2019
  2. Anne Fuj Win User

task manager shows zero cpu utilization after windows 10 1709 fall creators update

Hello
    Laurentiu,

There are several different reasons for why you have zero CPU utilization. It's showing that your CPU is dead. It could be an issue with the compatibility with the CPU and your device driver.

Try updating your device driver. While it's likely you already have the most recent driver, if you're having trouble with a device, updating it would be the best course to take. To do this:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.

• Expand one of the categories to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select
      Update Driver. For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right-click your graphics card and select
      Update Driver.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

• If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver: Open Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device, and select
    Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anne Fuj, Mar 28, 2019
  3. trigot Win User
    CPU won't go above 23% utilization

I have a custom built PC. specs are below. After some recent problems and a full windows reinstall it seems that my CPU won't go above 23% utilization. I have set the power plan to high performance and am using Prime95 to attempt to stress the CPU. When
    I look in the BIOS everything looks correct. The CPU temp is reasonable, it detects the CPU as 3.4ghz. Windows also detects that the model of the CPU is correct and lists it as 3.4ghz in system properties. When viewing the CPU on the performance tab of
    task manager is lists the speed as 0.78 GHz and that number never changes. It's like it's stuck on that number. Any help on how to troubleshoot this problem would be appreciated!

CPU: Core I7-6700 @ 3.4ghz

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H170M-DS3H

Bios Version: F22e (latest)

Graphics: Onboard Intel 530

RAM: 16gb DDR4 2133

PSU: 550w

Power plan: High performance

Edit:

Additional Troubleshooting steps:

Reset BIOS to default values - Issue still occurs.

trigot, Mar 28, 2019
  4. JaYp146 Win User

Zero % CPU Utilization?

[FS][US] CPU, NForce4 skt 754 motherboard (with PCI-express slot, rare!), DDR RAM

bump, CPU's stepping is now listed.

JaYp146, Mar 28, 2019
Thema:

Zero % CPU Utilization?

1. Zero % CPU Utilization? - Similar Threads - Zero CPU Utilization

2. CPU utilization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU utilization: Hi Team,What is the OID an NMS can use to fetch the average CPU utilization of all the vCPUs of a Windows VM. Currently the NMS can poll for individual vCPU utilizations. We are looking for the average for all the vCPUs in one OID....
  3. CPU utilization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU utilization: Hi Team,What is the OID an NMS can use to fetch the average CPU utilization of all the vCPUs of a Windows VM. Currently the NMS can poll for individual vCPU utilizations. We are looking for the average for all the vCPUs in one OID....
  4. CPU Utilization and Overheating

CPU Utilization and Overheating: To try to keep this relatively short. I'm running a Windows 11 MSI gaming laptop on balanced power settings with Maximum Processor State, in Power Settings, set to 100% for both plugged in and battery options. When I run Heavyload, to perform a CPU stress test, on battery...
  5. CPU utilization in desktop

CPU utilization in desktop: My CPU is 2% in idle, but my CPU utilization in 100% even on idle. Is it normal to have a high CPU utilization even if there are no apps running? CPU:2%CPU utilization: 100%Thanks, appreciate it....
  6. CPU Utilization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU Utilization: What is CPU Utilization?Mine is 100%, should I worry?Don't know the appropriate product, pls move if this question is in the wrong product.. thanks.EDIT: MY CPU is normally 1-15%, I check task manager, click Performance.CPU= 15%CPU utilization= 100%** moved from Virus and...
  7. CPU Utilization

CPU Utilization: What is CPU Utilization?Mine is 100%, should I worry?Don't know the appropriate product, pls move if this question is in the wrong product.. thanks.EDIT: MY CPU is normally 1-15%, I check task manager, click Performance.CPU= 15%CPU utilization= 100%** moved from Virus and...
  8. CPU Utilization

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CPU Utilization: What is CPU Utilization?Mine is 100%, should I worry?Don't know the appropriate product, pls move if this question is in the wrong product.. thanks.EDIT: MY CPU is normally 1-15%, I check task manager, click Performance.CPU= 15%CPU utilization= 100%...
  9. CPU utilization

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU utilization: The new full-screen performance monitor (open task manager, click Performance, double-click the graph) sure is pretty. [img] 10389
  10. CPU utilization issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU utilization issue: Having trouble with task manager not resetting the "Total processor utilization across all cores". [img] This has happened to me before on the original insiders version of W10, and the only way I was able to fix it was to do a clean install. That was in February, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cpu(s) is zero in windows