Windows 10: Zero Power drive question

Discus and support Zero Power drive question in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a ZBook g2 with optical drive 735602-001, I have intermittent issues with the drive not being recognized. Does anyone know if this is a zero... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by F.R.Spicer, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Zero Power drive question

I have a ZBook g2 with optical drive 735602-001, I have intermittent issues with the drive not being recognized. Does anyone know if this is a zero power drive> win 10 pro 64 bit

Thanks

:)

F.R.Spicer, Oct 3, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 3, 2018
  3. little cat, Oct 3, 2018
  4. Zero Power drive question

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

Zero Power drive question

1. Zero Power drive question - Similar Threads - Zero Power drive

2. Question about Power Toys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about Power Toys: I'm trying to use the Awake feature in Power Toys. I have it set up to start up at Windows 11 Startup. It's set up to delay sleep for 3 hours after startup. I suppose this will only work once. I want to repeat this delay at a later hour, say at 6 PM the same day. How can this...
  3. zero access to any shares for zero reason

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    zero access to any shares for zero reason: I make a share. how do i access it? what do i put into the box it brings up? It is certainly not the name and pass of the user account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zero-access-to-any-shares-for-zero-reason/beb229dc-b6a7-4da1-a07b-55ff782be0e0
  4. drive questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    drive questions: Help, I've been very stupid, so please don't give out to me. I have a Dell G5 5587 and I was running out of space on the c drive so I decided to replace the drive with a Samsung SSD 870 EVO. But.. I took out a WD 1TB WD 10SPZX. The I was fine, laptop turned on ok. The c...
  5. Power off questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Power off questions: My first question. New computer. Shut down but my kb keys stay lit. My speakers with blue lighted base stays lit. Both are usb attached. Is power always on the usb ports when the computer is powered down thru W10 power off command? Will get w version number later. Sorry....
  6. Question: Computer not powering down.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question: Computer not powering down.: I used to be able to shut down Windows normally and my computer would automatically power down. Since an update a few months ago this no longer happens and I have to manually switch off my computer after Windows has closed down. Is there new setting somewhere I don't know...
  7. Power options question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Power options question: So I plan on doing an windows update to 1809, my question is when it restarts to the screen where instead of don’t power off your pc, it says “this will take a while” can i still have the lid closed or do I have to open it. 127933
  8. Drive Question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive Question: [IMG] I attached an image of my directory, can anyone explain what the three drives I have and how they are used ? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-question/a32f527b-a6b9-4540-ab82-088802621378"
  9. USB Power options question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB Power options question: I have been sufferring from intermittent loss of Mouse and Keyboard connection. The mouse freezes or doesn't respond to my clicking, the keyboard does not register my key presses. This happens when I am trying to update the Windows 10 Pro with updates or new releases. During...
  10. Uninterruptable Power Supply Question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uninterruptable Power Supply Question: Hi There all Currently have a APC BE750G model, believe its only rated to 400watts, anyways just upgraded my main Desktop to Evga G3 650watt power supply, am i right in not using that UPS for the Tower/plugged into separate surge for right now til i get to store and get a...