Windows 10: Zip Archive file

Discus and support Zip Archive file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I unzip a Zip Archive file and make it mp3?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CarlLinden, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Zip Archive file

How do I unzip a Zip Archive file and make it mp3?

:)

CarlLinden, Dec 21, 2018

2. 7 Zip or WinRAR?

The only thing that I don't like about 7-Zip is its Windows 95-vintage graphics. Fortunately, there's a solution for that: 7-Zip Theme Manager.

• Toolbar themes - change the look of the toolbar in 7-Zip.
    • Filetype themes - change the Windows icons for archive files.
    • 90 toolbar themes and 22 filetype themes to choose from.
    • Changing the SFX-icon (self-extracting archive) is now possible.
    Be sure to grab the 2.1.1. Hotfix to mod any version of 7-Zip from 9.23 to the present release (15.12 as of the time of this post).

Static~Charge, Dec 21, 2018
  3. Zip File

Good Evening

I have this evening downloaded a zip file which is showing as a "zip Archive" in my Downloads.

I have not got a clue about zip files.

I am unable to open this file.

How do I get access to the contents of the file?

I am a complete novice so a simple step by step guide on how to access the contents of the file and use it would be a great help to me.

Regards

SheenaRead, Dec 21, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

Zip Archive file

.zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/zip-unzip-files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

Zip Archive file

1. Zip Archive file - Similar Threads - Zip Archive file

2. Add a feature to create a ZIP archive with a password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add a feature to create a ZIP archive with a password: Hello, if I remember correctly, you have added the native zip archive creation feature in Windows 10. Could you now add in Windows 11 22h2 the creation of ZIP archive with a password protection option like an archiver like 7zip/winrar/winzip does.It's such a basic function,...
  3. Add a feature to create a ZIP archive with a password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add a feature to create a ZIP archive with a password: Hello, if I remember correctly, you have added the native zip archive creation feature in Windows 10. Could you now add in Windows 11 22h2 the creation of ZIP archive with a password protection option like an archiver like 7zip/winrar/winzip does.It's such a basic function,...
  4. Does archive means only zip files or something else?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does archive means only zip files or something else?: I am a bit confused about one thing, that is in general zip files are know as archive but I came across this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34zmiNectAY and I think she is talking about something else. Please clear my confusion regarding this....
  5. Does archive means only zip files or something else?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does archive means only zip files or something else?: I am a bit confused about one thing, that is in general zip files are know as archive but I came across this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34zmiNectAY and I think she is talking about something else. Please clear my confusion regarding this....
  6. Does archive means only zip files or something else?

7. Unable to extract any .zip archives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to extract any .zip archives: I recently reinstalled Windows on my computer. After reinstalling I noticed that I cannot extract or open any files stored in zip archives. If I open a zip file I can see the contents but I cannot open the files in the archive. If I try to extract the archive, it create the...
  8. Unable to extract any .zip archives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to extract any .zip archives: I recently reinstalled Windows on my computer. After reinstalling I noticed that I cannot extract or open any files stored in zip archives. If I open a zip file I can see the contents but I cannot open the files in the archive. If I try to extract the archive, it create the...
  9. Unable to extract any .zip archives

10. Recommendation for a file archive, ZIP, RAR etc program please?

Recommendation for a file archive, ZIP, RAR etc program please?: Hi All, Anyone please recommend a file compressor software please, other than the one that's built in to Windows 10? Thanks! 63809