Windows 10: Zip Encryption

Discus and support Zip Encryption in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is it really true that Windows 10 Home does not allow you to encrypt a Zip file??? Please tell me this isn't true. Any workarounds apart from... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NeilSulla, Jul 6, 2020.

1. NeilSulla Win User

Zip Encryption

Is it really true that Windows 10 Home does not allow you to encrypt a Zip file???

Please tell me this isn't true. Any workarounds apart from downloading a 3rd party app?

:)

NeilSulla, Jul 6, 2020
  2. SarahKong Win User

Encrypted Zip Files

Then i am sorry to say you will not be able to open that encrypted zip file.

You need a key in order to open it.

SarahKong, Jul 6, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Encrypted Zip Files

Hi davencrabtree,

Do you have the password for the zip file, or are you trying to crack the password?

If you do not have the password, it can take a huge time to crack the password from an encrypted zip file

May I ask is this zip file downloaded form the net and if so, did the website not provide the password for that zip file beside the download link - they usually do!

DaveM121, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Zip Encryption

Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Zip Encryption

1. Zip Encryption - Similar Threads - Zip Encryption

2. How do I turn on the option to encrypt .zip files on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn on the option to encrypt .zip files on Windows 11?: I've already changed the encryption file system startup to automatic, and everything that I can find online about how to enable encryption is just telling me to turn on the EFS system. I've gone into the Windows Registry and set the data value for NtfsDisableEncryption to 0,...
  3. How do I turn on the option to encrypt .zip files on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn on the option to encrypt .zip files on Windows 11?: I've already changed the encryption file system startup to automatic, and everything that I can find online about how to enable encryption is just telling me to turn on the EFS system. I've gone into the Windows Registry and set the data value for NtfsDisableEncryption to 0,...
  4. How can I access an encrypted zipped file folder from a previously installed version of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I access an encrypted zipped file folder from a previously installed version of...: I have a zipped file folder of documents on a USB drive that is encrypted. I encrypted it on a previous install of Windows 11. I decided to do a fresh install, and now I can no longer access the folder because the permissions are set for my "previous" user account. Is there...
  5. How can I access an encrypted zipped file folder from a previously installed version of...

How can I access an encrypted zipped file folder from a previously installed version of...: I have a zipped file folder of documents on a USB drive that is encrypted. I encrypted it on a previous install of Windows 11. I decided to do a fresh install, and now I can no longer access the folder because the permissions are set for my "previous" user account. Is there...
  6. Windows 10 default Zip encryption

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 default Zip encryption: I would like to know what encryption method does windows 10 uses while encrypting any folder?If I zip any folder: is it only zipped or encrypted as well? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-default-zip-encryption/a5ca4745-bf9e-4f49-9e77-5c5830c51ffa
  7. Windows 10 default Zip encryption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 default Zip encryption: I would like to know what encryption method does windows 10 uses while encrypting any folder?If I zip any folder: is it only zipped or encrypted as well? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-default-zip-encryption/a5ca4745-bf9e-4f49-9e77-5c5830c51ffa
  8. Windows 10 default Zip encryption

9. how do i encrypt a .zip folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i encrypt a .zip folder?: encrypt : requires password to open .zip folder : a regular non-7zip/WinRAR/etc folder submitted by /u/Dr_DD_RpW_A [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ny56v6/how_do_i_encrypt_a_zip_folder/
  10. Zip File Encryption Troubles

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Zip File Encryption Troubles: I've gotten myself in a bit of trouble. I stored 20GB of pictures in a zip file on my Windows 10 professional computer. I used the system compression tool send to zip file. I encrypted it using the system encryption tool checking Encryption under properties. I have the...