Windows 10: .zip file appear as a blank document

Discus and support .zip file appear as a blank document in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just cleaned my computer recently, and when I zip a file, I noticed it doesn't appear as the normal zip file. When I click on it, it ask for another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SoraTwelve, Dec 16, 2020.

1. .zip file appear as a blank document

I just cleaned my computer recently, and when I zip a file, I noticed it doesn't appear as the normal zip file. When I click on it, it ask for another third party apps? I can't click on it and click Extract on top like the normal one

:)

SoraTwelve, Dec 16, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

.zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

Zip and unzip files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Dec 16, 2020
  3. CarrieLP Win User
    Unable to zip

Well, progress of sorts. I deleted a 0kb file called Documents and this meant that I can now "send to" Documents and the DVD drive. But the other functions including the zip compressed folder haven't appeared in the "send to" menu. If I deleted documents
    and it then appeared in the list, should I delete the zip file in the hope it will reappear? Or is that too logical? The zip file is 1kb though, not 0kb. I noticed the Documents file has reappeared since rebooting...

.zip file appear as a blank document 0a95611d-563a-453f-93ea-32c415edea87.png

CarrieLP, Dec 16, 2020
  4. Writer Win User

.zip file appear as a blank document

Opening a new Document, I get two Blank Documents instead of one

@Ztruker

Regarding Mouse Buttons: My Primary Button is the Left Button. Most people use the right button as their primary button. To avoid confusion, I’ll write “Primary Button” or “Non-Primary Button.”

When you click on Start with your Primary Button, a small list appears above the Start Icon; the first Icon is “Power.” Then comes “Settings” “Pictures” and “Documents.” About 4 inches directly above this small list there are “three lines.” Primary-Button-click on those lines, and a long list of the apps that are on your computer will appear. First come the “Most Used.” My first three on “Most Used” are “Word” “Edge” and “Notepad.” Then comes a long list in alphabetical order. For example, under A comes “Alarms and Clocks” and under Y comes “Your Phone.”

Note: If you want to make the list of apps disappear, Primary-Button-Click on the three lines, and the list will disappear.

If you Non-Primary-Button-Click on any of these apps you get a drop-down that reads “Pin to Start” and “More.” Under “More” on the drop-down, is the possibility to “Pin to Taskbar.”

If you Primary-Button-Click on “Pin to Start,” a Tile will appear to the right in the black window. These Tiles can be used for Quick Access. When you “Primary-Button-Click” on the “Word Tile,” a window will appear with several options, the first option is “Blank Document.” Primary-Button-Click on the Blank Document, and a Blank Document will appear on the screen.

If you want to remove a tile from the Black Window, Non-Primary-Button-Click on the app in the long list, and the option to “Unpin from Start” will appear. Primary-Button-Click on the “Unpin from Start” and that Tile will disappear.

You can move the Tiles around by using "Drag and Drop."

Writer, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

.zip file appear as a blank document

1. .zip file appear as a blank document - Similar Threads - zip file appear

2. zip files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    zip files: Can you delete zip files after installing fonts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-files/f54ede80-32ec-4f5f-a071-bc15ef79fd15
  3. zip files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    zip files: Can you delete zip files after installing fonts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-files/f54ede80-32ec-4f5f-a071-bc15ef79fd15
  4. zip files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. zip files

zip files: i used to use 7zip to open zip file but when i unistalled and try to use the built in compressed file it just thinks that 7zip is still installed and doesn't open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-files/f51c924d-930a-4de7-944b-7896b2f8413b
  6. ZIP FILES

ZIP FILES: Pls i need help so i got a prited game and i deleted everything in the file but the file is still there what can i do to make it vanish to brazil this is a meme pls help me there isnt anything in it its also “a zip folder”...
  7. Zip files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Zip files: I downloaded zip files on PC Windows 10. When I extracted the files to install them. It completed but did not install the software or show any info. I do not find any icon showing that the software is installed what is wrong here and what can be done to correct the...
  8. Trouble opening .zip documents

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble opening .zip documents: Hello, I am not very good with computers and need some help. I tried using the tips from Google but it didn't seem to solve them. I am trying to download audiobooks because they help me relax, but I cannot seem to open the zip files recently. I tried several different books...
  9. Blank Wordpad document

Blank Wordpad document: HELP! So I've recently been using Wordpad to complete my college coursework that is due to be submitted soon. I'd completed half of the coursework and saved it as normal before closing it. A couple of days later to my horror, I opened the file to see that all of the text...
  10. Zipped Files

Zipped Files: I have been using an online map creation tool for my business using Microsoft Edge, when I save the file its saved as a Zipped file locally. If I share this file with someone else and they try to open to view it online via Internet explorer nothing happens why' s this...