Windows 10: Zip file creation issue.

Discus and support Zip file creation issue. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have created ZIP tool using shell32.dll, which wad developed on window 7 machine . The tool is working fine in Windows 7 but in case of Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Harsha Shankarappa, May 28, 2019.

1. Zip file creation issue.

I have created ZIP tool using shell32.dll, which wad developed on window 7 machine . The tool is working fine in Windows 7 but in case of Windows 10 the application is not working. The call to create zip file is creating empty zip on windows 10 machine.

Request to kindly let me know the solution, if you have any.....?

:)

Harsha Shankarappa, May 28, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

.zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/zip-unzip-files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, May 28, 2019
  3. Access denied to zip file

Hi Stephanie,

The issue that you're experiencing may be due to a corrupted user profile. We have found a workaround regarding the "Access denied" error. Kindly follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + E to open File Explorer.
    • Copy the files that you want to zip.
    • Paste it in the Downloads folder.
    • From there, zip your file. You may follow the steps provided in this
      article

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows.

Dennis Mop, May 28, 2019
  4. Zip file creation issue.

Extracting Zip Files

Thanks pyramid10 for your contribution, I ensured that the steps taken and the source and destination folders were the same, in the using zip7 as suggested by BunnyJ resolved all issues for me.
    I am the first to admit that I am a long long way from understanding the intricacies of computers and if truth be told I am now to old anyway to absorb much information.
    Cheers.

croydonian, May 28, 2019
Thema:

Zip file creation issue.

1. Zip file creation issue. - Similar Threads - Zip file creation

2. zip files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    zip files: Can you delete zip files after installing fonts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-files/f54ede80-32ec-4f5f-a071-bc15ef79fd15
  3. zip files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    zip files: Can you delete zip files after installing fonts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-files/f54ede80-32ec-4f5f-a071-bc15ef79fd15
  4. zip files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. zip files

zip files: i used to use 7zip to open zip file but when i unistalled and try to use the built in compressed file it just thinks that 7zip is still installed and doesn't open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-files/f51c924d-930a-4de7-944b-7896b2f8413b
  6. Issue with Displaying Zip files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Displaying Zip files: Hello, My Zips aren't showing a zipper A picture with a zipper . There in the wrong format. Please Help me *** Email address is removed for privacy *** ASAP TYYYYYYYYYYYYY [Original Title: zip files]...
  7. ZIP FILES

ZIP FILES: Pls i need help so i got a prited game and i deleted everything in the file but the file is still there what can i do to make it vanish to brazil this is a meme pls help me there isnt anything in it its also “a zip folder”...
  8. Zip files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Zip files: I downloaded zip files on PC Windows 10. When I extracted the files to install them. It completed but did not install the software or show any info. I do not find any icon showing that the software is installed what is wrong here and what can be done to correct the...
  9. Zipped Files

Zipped Files: I have been using an online map creation tool for my business using Microsoft Edge, when I save the file its saved as a Zipped file locally. If I share this file with someone else and they try to open to view it online via Internet explorer nothing happens why' s this...
  10. Unzipping password protected Zip files issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Unzipping password protected Zip files issue: I've been trying to find a definitive answer to this question on the internet but can't seem to find one! Can you unzip a password protected Zip file in Windows 10 without using third-party software? The reason for asking is because a colleague of mine is sending these zip...