Windows 10: Zip File Program Missing

Discus and support Zip File Program Missing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I believe I accidentally uninstalled the program that came with Windows for unzipping and zipping files. I thought I was uninstalling something else.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Brianj4969, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Zip File Program Missing

I believe I accidentally uninstalled the program that came with Windows for unzipping and zipping files. I thought I was uninstalling something else. So right now I cant right click and unzip a file. The program I uninstalled had something in the title of exp, xmp, or something to that effect. Not 100% sure. I'm drawing a blank exactly what it was. I tried a system restore and the point it gave me only showed a program I installed, not the deleted one. I did the roll back anyway and it would not allow me to perform the operation. I'm just looking to re-download what I should have from the original Windows inatall? Thanks!

:)

Brianj4969, Apr 16, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

.zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/zip-unzip-files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Apr 16, 2019
  3. .zip is missing in Default Program list

I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and when I received a .zip file I could not open it. When I went to the Default Programs listing to see what program association was set to open it - the .zip was not listed in the Default Program listing.
    How do I get the .zip file back?

iwant2bhere, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Zip File Program Missing

.zip is missing in Default Program list

MY .ZIP is now working again. This is what happened; the .zip was in the file association list without an association and that was why I couldn't open a .zip file so I clicked on and assigned Windows Explorer to open it, and when I went back to the list
    the .zip was gone from the list but it is now in the Protocol list as EXPLORER.ZIPSELCTION and I can now open my .zip files. So this was just another glitch that had to be corrected, after upgrading to Windows 10.

iwant2bhere, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

Zip File Program Missing

1. Zip File Program Missing - Similar Threads - Zip File Program

2. zip files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    zip files: Can you delete zip files after installing fonts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-files/f54ede80-32ec-4f5f-a071-bc15ef79fd15
  3. zip files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    zip files: Can you delete zip files after installing fonts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-files/f54ede80-32ec-4f5f-a071-bc15ef79fd15
  4. zip files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Zip programs

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Zip programs: Hi I was wondering if anyone could recommend a ZIP program from the Microsoft store. my laptop is in S Mode and Dont want to get it out of S Mode because of Kids. TIA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-programs/fd05d236-c074-4347-b3a1-d8b4ffcc1376
  6. Winrar icon missing from zipped files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Winrar icon missing from zipped files: Sorry if this is in the wrong category. All zipped files have the plain windows icon. Checked default apps and they all have the winrar icon, and integration in winrar has all the files checked. Reinstalled winrar but no joy. Windows has the latest updates, 20H2 19042.685....
  7. Missing programs and files.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing programs and files.: Hi. This morning on opening my Windows 10 laptop the boot took longer than usual. Everything looked different homescreen background and icons which was a clue that something was wrong. All my files have disappeared and many programs. Remaining programs acted as if I was...
  8. Friend sent me a zip file. Dll missing

Friend sent me a zip file. Dll missing: A friend sent me a zip file to allow me access to his Google Drive folder. When I ran the unzipped file I got a message saying that MSCR101.dll is missing. Can anyone tell me what this file does, how I can obtain that file, and what area of the computer it needs to be?...
  9. Missing Program Files

Missing Program Files: I recently updated my PC to the latest version of windows 10. my problem is that when I go to the program files, the files of apps I installed like audacity does not show up. it only shows in here C:\Users\User\Documents\Audacity-This folder is empty. what should I do to fix...
  10. Zipped Files

Zipped Files: I have been using an online map creation tool for my business using Microsoft Edge, when I save the file its saved as a Zipped file locally. If I share this file with someone else and they try to open to view it online via Internet explorer nothing happens why' s this...