Windows 10: Zip Files in Windows10

Discus and support Zip Files in Windows10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have searched several sources for help in accessing compressed "zip" files on my Windows10 desktop computer and always see the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ron_G-54, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Ron_G-54 Win User

Zip Files in Windows10

I have searched several sources for help in accessing compressed "zip" files on my Windows10 desktop computer and always see the same suggestions/methods. I have also noted that many people state that the stated methods did not work for them; in fact, I just left the Microsoft Community pages where this same subject was addressed a few years ago, and has been subsequently "locked" so it's not possible to ask questions or make further remarks.

Here's the problem:

When I right-click on any compressed/.zip file or folder there is NO "Extract..." anything in the popup menu or any subsequent prompts. Absolutely nothing I attempt shows the term "extract", anywhere. I had installed the program "7-Zip" several months ago and was able to use it a few times. Now, after not requiring any unzipping for a couple of months, that program too renders absolutely no response when "clicked". I really am in pretty dire need to extract compressed files; and I need something that is going to continue to work long term. Looking at most of the "help sites" I've come across, I am certainly not the only one experiencing this, or similar, problems. It does seem a bit odd that answers which work seem shut down, locked, or "inaccessible".

I will greatly appreciate any help anyone can give.

:)

Ron_G-54, Mar 12, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

.zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/zip-unzip-files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Mar 12, 2020
  3. Access denied to zip file

Hi Stephanie,

The issue that you're experiencing may be due to a corrupted user profile. We have found a workaround regarding the "Access denied" error. Kindly follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + E to open File Explorer.
    • Copy the files that you want to zip.
    • Paste it in the Downloads folder.
    • From there, zip your file. You may follow the steps provided in this
      article

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Mar 12, 2020
  4. pyramid10 Win User

Zip Files in Windows10

Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

Zip Files in Windows10

1. Zip Files in Windows10 - Similar Threads - Zip Files Windows10

2. zip files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    zip files: Can you delete zip files after installing fonts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-files/f54ede80-32ec-4f5f-a071-bc15ef79fd15
  3. zip files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    zip files: Can you delete zip files after installing fonts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-files/f54ede80-32ec-4f5f-a071-bc15ef79fd15
  4. zip files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. zip files

zip files: i used to use 7zip to open zip file but when i unistalled and try to use the built in compressed file it just thinks that 7zip is still installed and doesn't open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-files/f51c924d-930a-4de7-944b-7896b2f8413b
  6. ZIP FILES

ZIP FILES: Pls i need help so i got a prited game and i deleted everything in the file but the file is still there what can i do to make it vanish to brazil this is a meme pls help me there isnt anything in it its also “a zip folder”...
  7. Zip files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Zip files: I downloaded zip files on PC Windows 10. When I extracted the files to install them. It completed but did not install the software or show any info. I do not find any icon showing that the software is installed what is wrong here and what can be done to correct the...
  8. Zipped Files

Zipped Files: I have been using an online map creation tool for my business using Microsoft Edge, when I save the file its saved as a Zipped file locally. If I share this file with someone else and they try to open to view it online via Internet explorer nothing happens why' s this...
  9. zip file

zip file: Trying to open photos in zip file, I keep getting the message "it looks like file was moved or renamed". I have seen that I should right-click on file and choose "extract" from menu, but I don't see that in menu....
  10. zip file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    zip file: how do I open a zip file that has been saved in notepad to actual text https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/zip-file/ea1a4518-73ad-4975-8639-d9bbe2b4f5e7

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone zip file of windows10