Windows 10: Zip Files Open With Internet Explorer

Discus and support Zip Files Open With Internet Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I accidentally changed all my zip package files to open with Internet Explorer and I can't change it back to opening or downloading as a zip file. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KaitlynPearson, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Zip Files Open With Internet Explorer

I accidentally changed all my zip package files to open with Internet Explorer and I can't change it back to opening or downloading as a zip file. When I click "open with," there isn't an option to open with file explorer, and even when I go to "choose another app" -> "look for another app on this pc" when I click on windows explorer, it says that the program I selected cannot be associated with this file type. I've tried a bunch of things and my zip files won't change back to a package file, they just have an internet explorer icon. When I try to download a zip file, it also downloads with an Internet Explorer icon.

:)

KaitlynPearson, Dec 6, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

.zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/zip-unzip-files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Dec 6, 2019
  3. DellN Win User
    Internet Explorer opens zip files & keeps opening windows & then crashing

I uninstalled Internet Explorer completely but whenever I try to download a .zip file it appears & tries to open it. (I don't even get the option of deciding which browser to open the file in because no command box opens.) I see the Internet Explorer window
    opening blank over & over. It blocks me from doing anything Edge. Any advice on how to stop this?

DellN, Dec 6, 2019
  4. Zip Files Open With Internet Explorer

Unable to open internet explorer

Hi Maria,

The issue occur due to connection problem to your PC. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Were there any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To isolate the issue, we also suggest to check this thread and look for Morris subba answer:

Internet explorer won't open in Windows 10
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

Zip Files Open With Internet Explorer

1. Zip Files Open With Internet Explorer - Similar Threads - Zip Files Open

2. Excel file opens with Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Excel file opens with Internet Explorer: Have just completed an excel sheet and saved it; on going back to it in documents find it has been saved with the Internet Explorer icon at the front and .xlsx at the rear, cannot open it. I am using Microsoft 2010 word and excel; have no problem-saving word documents. Thank...
  3. unable to open zip files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to open zip files: using windows 10,unable to open zip file using winzarchecked app by uninstalled ad reinstalling it no useunable to extract file too simply says as cannot open.changed ownership to everyone still couldnt open the zip filehelp me with the exact solution..........
  4. Explorer hangs when opening a zip file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer hangs when opening a zip file: It typically remains unresponsive for 5-10 seconds until it finally display the contents of the zip file. Extracting files is also relatively slow. This is on a i7-U6500 with 16 GB LPDDR3 laptop, so that should not be the problem. I have no add-ons or extensions to Explorer...
  5. rar files opening with Internet Explorer

rar files opening with Internet Explorer: I want My rar files to open with Internet Explorer but I accidentally got them opening with Internet Explorer. I want them to return to opening with Files Explorer....
  6. opening a zip file

opening a zip file: Hello I am trying to open a zip file; when i extract all and go to the file it says file is empty. so i tried internet explorer because i used that before and it says file has a virus. but i know for a fact the file is safe. how can i get my file to open so i can safe it. it...
  7. Opening Zip files freezes Explorer on windows 10

Opening Zip files freezes Explorer on windows 10: When I right click on the ZIP file in windows 10, the window explorer stops responding. I face this problem when I upgrade to Windows ver 1903, can any one help ?...
  8. Unable to open .zip files

Unable to open .zip files: Hey so I'm unable to open .zip files. I've done a system restore, downloaded WinRAR, among other things. Can you guys help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-zip-files/b0733389-3aaf-4322-b6af-36c1f6c4abf0"
  9. Zip file in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Zip file in File Explorer: Hi I try to open a zip file in "File Explorer/Windows 10" with double click on, but it is no working. I'm trying with right mouse click to “extract all”, and I have got the error: Windows cannot complete the extraction The compressed zipper Folder XXX is invalid any...
  10. Zips files will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Zips files will not open: I recently upgraded to Windows10 on my desktop Dell. Last week I attempted to unzip some files & open .tif files that had been saved when I was still running Windows 8.1. Previous to the upgraded I never had a issue unzipping these files and they are always from the same...