Windows 10: zip files re photos

Discus and support zip files re photos in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Help please we have a new Motorola smart phone which takes good pictures & stores them on Motorola's cloud now I have found how to download them on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ironfighter, Nov 2, 2019.

1. zip files re photos

Hi Help please we have a new Motorola smart phone which takes good pictures & stores them on Motorola's cloud now I have found how to download them on to my Windows 10 PC but they are in a compressed Zip file now I want to put them in the 'Picture App' simply if possible. The only way I found was to 'drag' the zip file to 'pictures' open them 1 by 1 & add them to photos 1 at a time is there a quicker way to get them to the Photo's App Cheers Stan

:)

ironfighter, Nov 2, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

.zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/zip-unzip-files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Nov 2, 2019
  3. How to retrieve photos from a zip file?

Hi,

As per the issue description you are facing issue in retrieving files from backup DVD. If you are facing issue in retrieving photos from zip file you may refer to the article mentioned below.

Zip and unzip files

Zip and unzip files

Please make sure that the services required for backup are running and set to automatic.

Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + R keys, type services.msc
    in run window and press Enter.

b. In services list, locate the following services and check if they are running.

- File history service.

- Volume shadow copy service.

c. If they are not running, right click the service and click properties.

d. Please select "Startup type" as "Automatic" and then click "Start" to manually start the service.

e. Click apply and ok.

Note: Please follow the above steps for both the services.

For restoring files from back up DVD you may follow the steps provided below and see if it helps you to restore them.

• Insert backup DVD.
    • Click on Windows key or Start icon present at the left bottom.
    • Type Backup in the search box.
    • Select Backup and restore from the list.
    • Click on restore my files dialog box, locate the files or folders you intend to restore. Click Next.

zip  files re photos 134451.image1.jpg

There are three ways to find your files.

• Search: Type part of the name of the file you intend to restore. Click the found file or Select All to restore all of the found files. Click OK.

• Browse for Files: Click the backup name and then the folder that contained the original file. Click the found file and then click Add Files.

• Browse for Folders: Click this button to open a dialog box of folders. Click a folder to restore all of the files in that folder. Click Add Folder.

• Choose the location to which you want the files restored.

zip  files re photos 134452.image2.jpg

You can either put the files back in their original location or in a new location. Select In the Following Location if you want to review the restored file before erasing your new version.

• Choose what to do with any preexisting copy of the file.

zip  files re photos 134453.image3.jpg

If you restore a file to a location that already contains a file of the same name, you’ll be asked to choose one of the following:

• Copy and Replace: The file currently in the original location will be replaced by the file restored from backup.

• Don't Copy: The backed up version isn’t restored. Nothing changes.

• Copy, But Keep Both Files: The original file will stay as is, and the restored file will include (2) in the filename.

• Do This for All Conflicts: Select this check box if you’re restoring multiple files and want to apply the same choice to each duplicate filename.

• Click the link to view restored files.
    • Click Finnish to close the dialog box.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Nov 2, 2019
  4. zip files re photos

Access denied to zip file

Hi Stephanie,

The issue that you're experiencing may be due to a corrupted user profile. We have found a workaround regarding the "Access denied" error. Kindly follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + E to open File Explorer.
    • Copy the files that you want to zip.
    • Paste it in the Downloads folder.
    • From there, zip your file. You may follow the steps provided in this
      article

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

zip files re photos

1. zip files re photos - Similar Threads - zip files photos

2. zip files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    zip files: Can you delete zip files after installing fonts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-files/f54ede80-32ec-4f5f-a071-bc15ef79fd15
  3. zip files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    zip files: Can you delete zip files after installing fonts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-files/f54ede80-32ec-4f5f-a071-bc15ef79fd15
  4. zip files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. zip files

zip files: i used to use 7zip to open zip file but when i unistalled and try to use the built in compressed file it just thinks that 7zip is still installed and doesn't open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-files/f51c924d-930a-4de7-944b-7896b2f8413b
  6. ZIP FILES

ZIP FILES: Pls i need help so i got a prited game and i deleted everything in the file but the file is still there what can i do to make it vanish to brazil this is a meme pls help me there isnt anything in it its also “a zip folder”...
  7. Zip files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Zip files: I downloaded zip files on PC Windows 10. When I extracted the files to install them. It completed but did not install the software or show any info. I do not find any icon showing that the software is installed what is wrong here and what can be done to correct the...
  8. Zipped Files

Zipped Files: I have been using an online map creation tool for my business using Microsoft Edge, when I save the file its saved as a Zipped file locally. If I share this file with someone else and they try to open to view it online via Internet explorer nothing happens why' s this...
  9. My Photos are only saving as Rar Zip Files

My Photos are only saving as Rar Zip Files: Every time I am on a site and I right-click and select "save image as..." it saves it as a Rar Zip File. I thought this would change if I used the snipping tool to take photos, it does not. I downloaded a Rar Zip Opener and it did nothing. It simply continued saying...
  10. zip file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    zip file: how do I open a zip file that has been saved in notepad to actual text https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/zip-file/ea1a4518-73ad-4975-8639-d9bbe2b4f5e7