Windows 10: Zip files

Discus and support Zip files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I downloaded zip files on PC Windows 10. When I extracted the files to install them. It completed but did not install the software or show any info. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ScottViehbeck, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Zip files

I downloaded zip files on PC Windows 10. When I extracted the files to install them. It completed but did not install the software or show any info. I do not find any icon showing that the software is installed what is wrong here and what can be done to correct the problem? Zip files dc556d6f-e76f-41ab-8ac9-3185220fcdfc?upload=true.jpg Zip files c37990bb-0756-48d3-bb28-f2a67b861d93?upload=true.jpg Zip files 2b684bb6-6f80-439d-ae5b-8d49798da9d8?upload=true.jpg

:)

ScottViehbeck, Jul 26, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

.zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/zip-unzip-files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Access denied to zip file

Hi Stephanie,

The issue that you're experiencing may be due to a corrupted user profile. We have found a workaround regarding the "Access denied" error. Kindly follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + E to open File Explorer.
    • Copy the files that you want to zip.
    • Paste it in the Downloads folder.
    • From there, zip your file. You may follow the steps provided in this
      article

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Jul 26, 2020
  4. pyramid10 Win User

Zip files

Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Zip files

1. Zip files - Similar Threads - Zip files

2. disinstallare un file Zip, e risulta Errore 0x800700E1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disinstallare un file Zip, e risulta Errore 0x800700E1: Cerco di disinstallare un file WinRAR ma non si disinstalla e risulta Errore 0x800700E1Cosa devo fare per rimuoverlo? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disinstallare-un-file-zip-e-risulta-errore/5c176e86-3ae3-491c-8fab-212f35b9beb1
  3. disinstallare un file Zip, e risulta Errore 0x800700E1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    disinstallare un file Zip, e risulta Errore 0x800700E1: Cerco di disinstallare un file WinRAR ma non si disinstalla e risulta Errore 0x800700E1Cosa devo fare per rimuoverlo? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disinstallare-un-file-zip-e-risulta-errore/5c176e86-3ae3-491c-8fab-212f35b9beb1
  4. disinstallare un file Zip, e risulta Errore 0x800700E1

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can't open Zip files

Can't open Zip files: All of the sudden, I am not able to download and open a zip file. I had to install 7-Zip to get folders open. The zip file is coming from a secure server and never had any issues before. The zip file is part of a software program that shares projects that are built withing...
  6. Can't open Zip files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open Zip files: All of the sudden, I am not able to download and open a zip file. I had to install 7-Zip to get folders open. The zip file is coming from a secure server and never had any issues before. The zip file is part of a software program that shares projects that are built withing...
  7. Can't open Zip files

8. Can't Extract Zip Files

Can't Extract Zip Files: Hi, My .zip files can't be extracted. It seems like I can open the zip files and see what is in the folder but for some reason I can't open the documents or files.I've tried restarting the computer and it didn't help....
  9. How do i stop windows 11 from changing a zip file to a text file when downloading the zip

How do i stop windows 11 from changing a zip file to a text file when downloading the zip: When downloading zip files, Windows 11 is not saving them as a "compressed zipped folder" but instead saving them as a txt file. How do I resolve this?...
  10. How do i stop windows 11 from changing a zip file to a text file when downloading the zip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i stop windows 11 from changing a zip file to a text file when downloading the zip: When downloading zip files, Windows 11 is not saving them as a "compressed zipped folder" but instead saving them as a txt file. How do I resolve this?...