Windows 10: zip files

Discus and support zip files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i used to use 7zip to open zip file but when i unistalled and try to use the built in compressed file it just thinks that 7zip is still installed and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by omarsherif6, May 4, 2021 at 10:07 PM.

1. zip files

i used to use 7zip to open zip file but when i unistalled and try to use the built in compressed file it just thinks that 7zip is still installed and doesn't open

:)

2. Arul_D Win User

.zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

Zip and unzip files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

3. Access denied to zip file

Hi Stephanie,

The issue that you're experiencing may be due to a corrupted user profile. We have found a workaround regarding the "Access denied" error. Kindly follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + E to open File Explorer.
    • Copy the files that you want to zip.
    • Paste it in the Downloads folder.
    • From there, zip your file. You may follow the steps provided in this
      article

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows.

4. pyramid10 Win User

zip files

Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

Thema:

zip files

1. zip files - Similar Threads - zip files

2. Can you get a virus from an exe file that was in a zipped folder?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can you get a virus from an exe file that was in a zipped folder?: Hi everybody. I downloaded a folder from google drive which had a couple of pdf files and an exe file I didn't notice. When I opened the zipped folder I noticed the exe and immediately deleted the file (while the folder was still zipped) but windows explorer crashed. I...
  3. Issues with Information Rights Management IRM and creating a Zip file for Microsoft...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Issues with Information Rights Management IRM and creating a Zip file for Microsoft...: Hello Microsoft team, I am having a major issue I would like to submit a file for "malware analysis" to Microsoft however the IRM controls are blocking me from adding that specific infected file into a zip file, or moving it for submission to Windows defender. Take note...
  4. Zip file image change?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Zip file image change?: Is there any way to change the look of a unzipped or zipped folder and have it as any custom image you want instead of a image of a folder? submitted by /u/lvCieje [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mg32wm/zip_file_image_change/
  5. 7-zip will not extract a zipped file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    7-zip will not extract a zipped file: Why wont 7-zip extract a zipped file I downloaded ? I am running Windows 10 version 20H2 on a new Dell laptop (XPS 15 7590) 176156
  6. Zip File Encryption Troubles

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Zip File Encryption Troubles: I've gotten myself in a bit of trouble. I stored 20GB of pictures in a zip file on my Windows 10 professional computer. I used the system compression tool send to zip file. I encrypted it using the system encryption tool checking Encryption under properties. I have the...
  7. Problem with Zip Files in Windows 10 Edge

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Zip Files in Windows 10 Edge: Ever since I updated to the latest version of Windows 10 20H2 Build 19042.804, I've been unable to properly download zip files in Edge. (I can download them in Chrome but have another issue with the website I'm downloading from so I have to use Edge.) When I download the zip...
  8. Why does Windows ask if you want to run a .Reg file when zipping it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does Windows ask if you want to run a .Reg file when zipping it?: I'm just curious as for why this happens as it clearly doesn't get run and adds anything to the registry. submitted by /u/ApertureNext [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ltnqud/why_does_windows_ask_if_you_want_to_run_a_reg/
  9. .zip files automatically delete from my downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .zip files automatically delete from my downloads folder: whenever i download a zip file it deletes when opened so I cannot extract it I've tried turning off my antivirus but it still doesn't work I've tried cleaning up my drivers aswell. how do I fix this?...
  10. Windows ISO file zip

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows ISO file zip: Hello, I've been trying to download the Windows 10 media tool to download Windows 10 on my disk in order to recover my admin password. Right when I opened the tool, it asked me for an admin password... I then decided to download it as a zip file so it won't ask for it. I...