Windows 10: zip files

Discus and support zip files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i used to use 7zip to open zip file but when i unistalled and try to use the built in compressed file it just thinks that 7zip is still installed and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by omarsherif6, May 4, 2021.

1. zip files

i used to use 7zip to open zip file but when i unistalled and try to use the built in compressed file it just thinks that 7zip is still installed and doesn't open

:)

omarsherif6, May 4, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

.zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

Zip and unzip files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, May 4, 2021
  3. Access denied to zip file

Hi Stephanie,

The issue that you're experiencing may be due to a corrupted user profile. We have found a workaround regarding the "Access denied" error. Kindly follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + E to open File Explorer.
    • Copy the files that you want to zip.
    • Paste it in the Downloads folder.
    • From there, zip your file. You may follow the steps provided in this
      article

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows.

Dennis Mop, May 4, 2021
  4. pyramid10 Win User

zip files

Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, May 4, 2021
Thema:

zip files

1. zip files - Similar Threads - zip files

2. can't download zipped files in any broswer windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't download zipped files in any broswer windows 11: my computer use to download zipped files with no problem now it won't download them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-zipped-files-in-any-broswer-windows/3a8c2902-48c6-4b4e-af6f-3e499c72cc2e
  3. can't download zipped files in any broswer windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't download zipped files in any broswer windows 11: my computer use to download zipped files with no problem now it won't download them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-zipped-files-in-any-broswer-windows/3a8c2902-48c6-4b4e-af6f-3e499c72cc2e
  4. Corrupted Zip Files ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted Zip Files ?: HiI am trying to resolve an issue on an HP Laptop 17-by0031na which is running very, very slowly. It is taking around 5/6 minutes to be usable after switching on. I have just upgraded it to Windows 11 and put in new 16GB RAM.I have run scans with Malwarebytes and AVG free …...
  5. Corrupted Zip Files ?

Corrupted Zip Files ?: HiI am trying to resolve an issue on an HP Laptop 17-by0031na which is running very, very slowly. It is taking around 5/6 minutes to be usable after switching on. I have just upgraded it to Windows 11 and put in new 16GB RAM.I have run scans with Malwarebytes and AVG free …...
  6. After transferring from SD card reader to PC zip files say empty when opened. I'm using...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After transferring from SD card reader to PC zip files say empty when opened. I'm using...: I've been transferring mp3 and flac audio files in zip file format from SD cards using a SD card reader, from the reader via USB to a hp PC that uses windows 10 . I'm using the Windows file explorer to create the folders for the zip file on the PC. But when I try to open the...
  7. After transferring from SD card reader to PC zip files say empty when opened. I'm using...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After transferring from SD card reader to PC zip files say empty when opened. I'm using...: I've been transferring mp3 and flac audio files in zip file format from SD cards using a SD card reader, from the reader via USB to a hp PC that uses windows 10 . I'm using the Windows file explorer to create the folders for the zip file on the PC. But when I try to open the...
  8. After transferring from SD card reader to PC zip files say empty when opened. I'm using...

9. disinstallare un file Zip, e risulta Errore 0x800700E1

disinstallare un file Zip, e risulta Errore 0x800700E1: Cerco di disinstallare un file WinRAR ma non si disinstalla e risulta Errore 0x800700E1Cosa devo fare per rimuoverlo? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disinstallare-un-file-zip-e-risulta-errore/5c176e86-3ae3-491c-8fab-212f35b9beb1
  10. disinstallare un file Zip, e risulta Errore 0x800700E1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    disinstallare un file Zip, e risulta Errore 0x800700E1: Cerco di disinstallare un file WinRAR ma non si disinstalla e risulta Errore 0x800700E1Cosa devo fare per rimuoverlo? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disinstallare-un-file-zip-e-risulta-errore/5c176e86-3ae3-491c-8fab-212f35b9beb1