Windows 10: Zip programs

Discus and support Zip programs in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi I was wondering if anyone could recommend a ZIP program from the Microsoft store. my laptop is in S Mode and Dont want to get it out of S Mode... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by DGP1980, Apr 6, 2021.

1. DGP1980 Win User

Zip programs

Hi I was wondering if anyone could recommend a ZIP program from the Microsoft store.

my laptop is in S Mode and Dont want to get it out of S Mode because of Kids.

TIA

:)

DGP1980, Apr 6, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

.zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

Zip and unzip files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Apr 6, 2021
  3. .zip is missing in Default Program list

I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and when I received a .zip file I could not open it. When I went to the Default Programs listing to see what program association was set to open it - the .zip was not listed in the Default Program listing.
    How do I get the .zip file back?

iwant2bhere, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Zip programs

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Zip programs

1. Zip programs - Similar Threads - Zip programs

2. Built in zip program: Can see contents but can't extract

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Built in zip program: Can see contents but can't extract: I have a user who can create zip files with the built in Windows 10 compression tool, then open the file he can see the contents, but he can't extract or open from there. He does not get an error. He double clicks or drags the files from the zip and nothing happens. I can...
  3. Built in zip program: Can see contents but can't extract

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built in zip program: Can see contents but can't extract: I have a user who can create zip files with the built in Windows 10 compression tool, then open the file he can see the contents, but he can't extract or open from there. He does not get an error. He double clicks or drags the files from the zip and nothing happens. I can...
  4. Built in zip program: Can see contents but can't extract

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Does Windows have a built in Zip/RaR program?

Does Windows have a built in Zip/RaR program?: Does Windows have a built in Zip/RaR program? What happened to the extract option upon right click? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-have-a-built-in-ziprar-program/2e9d3747-9b72-494b-85e1-4bad992d2391
  6. Archiver programs for Linux VM's 7-zip fm

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Archiver programs for Linux VM's 7-zip fm: Hi folks this is a good one for anybody running Linux VM's 7-Zip FM Nice GUI and works like the Windows version - handles almost any archive format - if you have the 7-zip program on Wondows thie GUI here is almnost identical. (As with most decent Linux software -- Free of...
  7. How can I make 7-zip my default program please I need help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I make 7-zip my default program please I need help: Someone please help me I have been trying for the last 2 days submitted by /u/RezidentMug [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jti9ul/how_can_i_make_7zip_my_default_program_please_i/
  8. File explorer not appearing in dark mode since installation of zip programs while...

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer not appearing in dark mode since installation of zip programs while...: Before file explorer was in dark mode but after I downloaded 7-zip, winrar, and winzip,it became light while everything else remained dark. I deleted all 3 of them but it remains light. I also restarted my computer several times and updated windows but to no avail....
  9. Zip File Program Missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Zip File Program Missing: I believe I accidentally uninstalled the program that came with Windows for unzipping and zipping files. I thought I was uninstalling something else. So right now I cant right click and unzip a file. The program I uninstalled had something in the title of exp, xmp, or...
  10. Recommendation for a file archive, ZIP, RAR etc program please?

Recommendation for a file archive, ZIP, RAR etc program please?: Hi All, Anyone please recommend a file compressor software please, other than the one that's built in to Windows 10? Thanks! 63809