Windows 10: .zip

Discus and support .zip in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For some reason, I cannot extract, and the computer does not make a folder automatically. Here is the demonstration of what happens. [IMG] Help!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EpicWin294, Jul 2, 2020.

1. .zip

For some reason, I cannot extract, and the computer does not make a folder automatically.

Here is the demonstration of what happens.

.zip [​IMG]

Help!

:)

EpicWin294, Jul 2, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

.zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/zip-unzip-files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Aug 5, 2020
  3. 7 Zip or WinRAR?

The only thing that I don't like about 7-Zip is its Windows 95-vintage graphics. Fortunately, there's a solution for that: 7-Zip Theme Manager.

• Toolbar themes - change the look of the toolbar in 7-Zip.
    • Filetype themes - change the Windows icons for archive files.
    • 90 toolbar themes and 22 filetype themes to choose from.
    • Changing the SFX-icon (self-extracting archive) is now possible.
    Be sure to grab the 2.1.1. Hotfix to mod any version of 7-Zip from 9.23 to the present release (15.12 as of the time of this post).

Static~Charge, Aug 5, 2020
  4. .zip

Access denied to zip file

Hi Stephanie,

The issue that you're experiencing may be due to a corrupted user profile. We have found a workaround regarding the "Access denied" error. Kindly follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + E to open File Explorer.
    • Copy the files that you want to zip.
    • Paste it in the Downloads folder.
    • From there, zip your file. You may follow the steps provided in this
      article

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

.zip

1. .zip - Similar Threads - zip

2. disinstallare un file Zip, e risulta Errore 0x800700E1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disinstallare un file Zip, e risulta Errore 0x800700E1: Cerco di disinstallare un file WinRAR ma non si disinstalla e risulta Errore 0x800700E1Cosa devo fare per rimuoverlo? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disinstallare-un-file-zip-e-risulta-errore/5c176e86-3ae3-491c-8fab-212f35b9beb1
  3. disinstallare un file Zip, e risulta Errore 0x800700E1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    disinstallare un file Zip, e risulta Errore 0x800700E1: Cerco di disinstallare un file WinRAR ma non si disinstalla e risulta Errore 0x800700E1Cosa devo fare per rimuoverlo? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disinstallare-un-file-zip-e-risulta-errore/5c176e86-3ae3-491c-8fab-212f35b9beb1
  4. disinstallare un file Zip, e risulta Errore 0x800700E1

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can't open Zip files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open Zip files: All of the sudden, I am not able to download and open a zip file. I had to install 7-Zip to get folders open. The zip file is coming from a secure server and never had any issues before. The zip file is part of a software program that shares projects that are built withing...
  6. Can't open Zip files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open Zip files: All of the sudden, I am not able to download and open a zip file. I had to install 7-Zip to get folders open. The zip file is coming from a secure server and never had any issues before. The zip file is part of a software program that shares projects that are built withing...
  7. Can't open Zip files

8. Folder not zipping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder not zipping: Hi,so I have a work folder that's quite large that won't zip, i can press the zip button but nothing happens, no error message at all. I updated windows and restarted my laptop but nothing has changed. Can anyone help?...
  9. Folder not zipping

Folder not zipping: Hi,so I have a work folder that's quite large that won't zip, i can press the zip button but nothing happens, no error message at all. I updated windows and restarted my laptop but nothing has changed. Can anyone help?...
  10. Windows Explorer crashes every time a select a zip-folder.

Windows Explorer crashes every time a select a zip-folder.: Windows Explorer crashes every time as soon as I select a zip-folder, can't even delete it. I've had windows explorer crashing problems ever since I got Windows 11 with this Aero Gigabyte laptop back when Windows 11 just came out. These problems come and go with different...