Windows 10: Zombie CandyCrushSaga folders left after uninstallation

Discus and support Zombie CandyCrushSaga folders left after uninstallation in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Needing more space on C:, I discovered three folders under C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ containing various versions of Candy Crush Saga, totalling 600... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Blaq, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Blaq Win User

Zombie CandyCrushSaga folders left after uninstallation

Needing more space on C:, I discovered three folders under C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ containing various versions of Candy Crush Saga, totalling 600 MB.
    • No Candy Crush-type apps are found under Apps & Features.
    • Trying to delete the folders fails because they are owned by SYSTEM.
    • In an elevated Powershell, `Get-AppxPackage | findstr Name > C:\Users\Charles\AppData\Local\Temp\WindowsApps.txt` returns nothing related to CCS.
    How can I get rid of them?

:)

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Zombie CandyCrushSaga folders left after uninstallation :confused:

oli_ramsay, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Forza Horizon 3 Folder Can't Be Uninstalled

Since you already performed some troubleshooting steps and the issues still persists, we suggest that you take ownership of the folder in question and delete it afterwards. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Boot into Safe Mode.
    • Right-click on the file or folder you want to delete.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Click Advanced and then Owner.
    • Check the box next to your user name for Full Control.
    • Click Apply and then try deleting the folder again.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Aug 12, 2019
  4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

1. Zombie CandyCrushSaga folders left after uninstallation - Similar Threads - Zombie CandyCrushSaga folders

2. Zombie Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Zombie Monitor: Windows is routinely dropping connection to 1 external monitor no longer appears as connected, but the screen remains frozen in place it is not interactive - cannot move mouse there, etc. Other monitors remain unaffected when it happens.Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 OS...
  3. Zombie Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Zombie Monitor: Windows is routinely dropping connection to 1 external monitor no longer appears as connected, but the screen remains frozen in place it is not interactive - cannot move mouse there, etc. Other monitors remain unaffected when it happens.Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 OS...
  4. Removing of folder with left over files of uninstalled software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing of folder with left over files of uninstalled software: I unnstalled Surfshark VPN from my PC and some files are left over in a folder on Drive C. When I tried to remove it, I got a message "you require permission from SYSTEM to make changes to this folder". Subsequently, after chat with Support Agent, I tried to delete it by...
  5. Files left after Game apps uninstalled

Files left after Game apps uninstalled: Hi allMy laptop came with the Candy Crush Saga and Cooking Fever apps installedI uninstalled them recentlyHowever TreeSize shows that there are files from these apps in the WindowsApps folder taking up nearly 1GB I can't delete them myself - they appear to be owned by...
  6. How do I delete a zombie Windows folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I delete a zombie Windows folder?: I somehow created a folder that I cannot delete. While extracting files from several RAR archives to a new destination folder, I somehow -I thought- managed to create two folders with the same name. It turned out one folder name had a trailing space character at the end and...
  7. Zombie army trilogy and zombie army 4

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Zombie army trilogy and zombie army 4: How is it that both zombie army trilogy which came out in 2015 is the same price $49.99 as zombie army 4 which was just released? Kinda ridiculous https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zombie-army-trilogy-and-zombie-army-4/3c09561c-2619-49c7-b536-ee06af1ba58e"
  8. Zombie CandyCrushSaga folders left after uninstallation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Zombie CandyCrushSaga folders left after uninstallation: Needing more space on C:, I discovered three folders under C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ containing various versions of Candy Crush Saga, totalling 600 MB. No Candy Crush-type apps are found under Apps & Features. Trying to delete the folders fails because they are owned by...
  9. Removal OneDrive elements left after uninstall

Removal OneDrive elements left after uninstall: Hi .... wish to remove OneDrive from fresh install W10..... have uninstalled it from inside Control Panel but am unnerved to find a OneDrive folder lurking in my username folder, which contains some 10GB predominantly a clone of my Desktop ... please, please could someone...
  10. Zombie notification

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Zombie notification: I've got a Dell XPS 15, with a Synaptics touchpad. I've disabled the notification for the touchpad, but every time I restart the computer, it turn itself back on, so I get an annoying notification that "Dell Touchpad Enabled". How can I permanently put a stake through...