Windows 10: Zombie CandyCrushSaga folders left after uninstallation

Discus and support Zombie CandyCrushSaga folders left after uninstallation in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Needing more space on C:, I discovered three folders under C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ containing various versions of Candy Crush Saga, totalling 600... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Blaq, Aug 12, 2019 at 4:42 PM.

1. Blaq Win User

Zombie CandyCrushSaga folders left after uninstallation

Needing more space on C:, I discovered three folders under C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ containing various versions of Candy Crush Saga, totalling 600 MB.
    • No Candy Crush-type apps are found under Apps & Features.
    • Trying to delete the folders fails because they are owned by SYSTEM.
    • In an elevated Powershell, `Get-AppxPackage | findstr Name > C:\Users\Charles\AppData\Local\Temp\WindowsApps.txt` returns nothing related to CCS.
    How can I get rid of them?

:)

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Zombie CandyCrushSaga folders left after uninstallation :confused:

3. Xylee Del Win User
    Forza Horizon 3 Folder Can't Be Uninstalled

Since you already performed some troubleshooting steps and the issues still persists, we suggest that you take ownership of the folder in question and delete it afterwards. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Boot into Safe Mode.
    • Right-click on the file or folder you want to delete.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Click Advanced and then Owner.
    • Check the box next to your user name for Full Control.
    • Click Apply and then try deleting the folder again.

Let us know the results.

4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

1. Zombie CandyCrushSaga folders left after uninstallation - Similar Threads - Zombie CandyCrushSaga folders

2. Zombie CandyCrushSaga folders left after uninstallation

in Windows 10 Support
    Zombie CandyCrushSaga folders left after uninstallation: Needing more space on C:, I discovered three folders under C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ containing various versions of Candy Crush Saga, totalling 600 MB. No Candy Crush-type apps are found under Apps & Features. Trying to delete the folders fails because they are owned by...
  3. Duplicated folder on LEFT column of This Pc

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicated folder on LEFT column of This Pc: Happened when shuffling my Videos folder about from one location to a temp location then back again. Cosmetic, really - but annoying. One shows as Videos, the other as is location, F:/; only the first appears in the right column display. See below [img] 136696
  4. After uninstalling Visual Studio, I have related left over folders, can they be deleted?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After uninstalling Visual Studio, I have related left over folders, can they be deleted?: In 2017 I installed Visual Studio in order to create a program. I no longer need Visual Studio and therefore uninstalled it. After the uninstall I noticed that there are still five folders within my Program Files that I believe are related to my 2017 install of Visual...
  5. Removal OneDrive elements left after uninstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removal OneDrive elements left after uninstall: Hi .... wish to remove OneDrive from fresh install W10..... have uninstalled it from inside Control Panel but am unnerved to find a OneDrive folder lurking in my username folder, which contains some 10GB predominantly a clone of my Desktop ... please, please could someone...
  6. Resetting folder icons after One Drive Uninstall.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting folder icons after One Drive Uninstall.: I recently installed One Drive after I got annoyed at the One Drive pop-up but after a few days I decided to uninstall it again. (Don't ask me why, I don't know either) The problem is, all the files that were placed in the One Drive folder (which I installed on my disk...
  7. Zombie notification

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Zombie notification: I've got a Dell XPS 15, with a Synaptics touchpad. I've disabled the notification for the touchpad, but every time I restart the computer, it turn itself back on, so I get an annoying notification that "Dell Touchpad Enabled". How can I permanently put a stake through...
  8. Disk cleanup left the Windows.old folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk cleanup left the Windows.old folder: Title. I can't get rid of it. It has survived me doing the disk cleanup twice now as well as reboots (figured it was just stuck visually in the file manager). How can I get rid of it. 20068
  9. uninstalled fonts not showing up in folder

in Windows 10 Support
    uninstalled fonts not showing up in folder: I have over 25,000 fonts and have been trying to organize them. I have sorted them into folders such as serifs, san serifs etc. The san serif folders says that it has 1322 fonts in it but only about 1/3 of them are showing up. The last one showing is Eamon. Before I realized...
  10. Is it ok to delete or uninstall a SkyDrive folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it ok to delete or uninstall a SkyDrive folder?: My brother's computer has been upgraded to Win10 from Win8.1 back in April and runs fine. There is a SkyDrive folder which he has never used. Is it ok to delete it or uninstall it? 58966