Windows 10: zoom and windows 10 - microphone and speaker drop off

Discus and support zoom and windows 10 - microphone and speaker drop off in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to use zoom on my Windows 10 HP laptop, but the microphone and speaker drop off after just a short time. My speaker is a "Realtek". What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ced2, Apr 5, 2020.

1. ced2 Win User

zoom and windows 10 - microphone and speaker drop off

I am trying to use zoom on my Windows 10 HP laptop, but the microphone and speaker drop off after just a short time. My speaker is a "Realtek". What settings should I be using? I have both the speaker and microphone set to work with the app.

:)

ced2, Apr 5, 2020

2. Lumia 930 microphone doesn't work on speaker

Hi, I have same issue on Lumia 930, have tried the various steps proposed by Microsoft, have also tried updating software to Windows 10 but to no avail. While a number of posts on this topic suggest it is likely to be a hardware bug, my symptoms seem to
    indicate software:

• while using the phone normally (not on speaker) the microphones work perfectly. IE microphones 1 and 2 at the bottom of the phone appear to be working 100%
    • while using the phone on speaker, microphones 1 and 2 (see Problem with Lumia 930 second microphone - Page 2 - Windows Central Forums for good photos of microphone locations) seem to be completely off
    • while using phone on speaker, microphones 3 and 4 at the top of the phone seem to work reasonably as long as I'm close to the phone. Not as well as they should on a speakerphone though.
    • microphone on headset works fine
    This does look to be a very widespread issue ... any updates from Microsoft?

thanks

RowaninMelb, Apr 5, 2020
  3. How do I add the Zoom app to my microphone list in Windows 10?

How do I add the Zoom app to my microphone list in Windows 10?

LauraFarmer1, Apr 5, 2020
  4. zoom and windows 10 - microphone and speaker drop off

How can I make a Base Microphone work without it turning off the speakers?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. Let me help you.

As per the description Microphone should work without turning off the speakers.

I suggest you follow the steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the speaker icon.

• Select playback devices option.

• Now select the speaker as default.

• Now go to recording devices option and select the microphone as default and click on apply.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

zoom and windows 10 - microphone and speaker drop off

1. zoom and windows 10 - microphone and speaker drop off - Similar Threads - zoom microphone speaker

2. Microphone not working in zoom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working in zoom: Microphone not working in zoom I have a new Lenovo thinkpad Laptop running Windows 10 with a built in camera and microphone using the driver Microphone array Intel Smart Sound Technology for Digital Microphones. The microphone works for Cortana and other applications but...
  3. Microphone not working in zoom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working in zoom: Microphone not working in zoom I have a new Lenovo thinkpad Laptop running Windows 10 with a built in camera and microphone using the driver Microphone array Intel Smart Sound Technology for Digital Microphones. The microphone works for Cortana and other applications but...
  4. Microphone not working in zoom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working in zoom: I have a new HP Laptop running Windows 11 with a built in camera and microphone using the driver Microphone array Intel Smart Sound Technology for Digital Microphones. The microphone works for Cortana and other applications but doesn’t work for zoom. I’ve checked the privacy...
  5. microphone not working with zoom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microphone not working with zoom: No output to zoom when unmuted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-not-working-with-zoom/a02ab409-dc56-4a51-9793-143ce2f37eef
  6. Zoom Microphone is not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Zoom Microphone is not working on Windows 10: Zoom has been a go-to virtual meeting platform for professionals as it is simple to use and doesn’t have tons of bugs. However, many users have complained that their microphone is not working in Zoom. Zoom Microphone not working These are the things you can do to fix Zoom...
  7. Zoom and bluetooth speaker

in Windows 10 Customization
    Zoom and bluetooth speaker: Hello, I have an Anker A3143 bluetooth speaker that I use to listen to music, watch netflix, and play games. However, the bluetooth speaker doesn't work with Zoom. Anyone have success getting a bluetooth speaker to work with Zoom?...
  8. Microphone not working for zoom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not working for zoom: I have already checked all the normal settings, etc!! 1. A couple days ago, I tried to connect my iphone to the bluetooth on my laptop. I wanted to be able to share audio from an app in my phone during a zoom meeting. Windows 10 told me that my phone was paired. But no...
  9. zoom microphone issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    zoom microphone issue: Hi, my mic is not working on zoom . in works in skype so it does not seem to be a hardware problem. the mic is also enable in PRIVACY setting for the zoom app please help...
  10. Realtek Audio - speakers cut off microphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Audio - speakers cut off microphones: Hello I have a problem with the realtek audio on my computer I have a new 64 bit computer running Windows 10 home. The system has onboard microphones and external speakers that are powered separately. Using the latest version of the the Realtek drivers R2.8.2 the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. zoom turn off microphone in hp laptop

2. why does zoom microphone turn off

3. 3sixt headphones turn off after a while on zoom

4. cannot get realtek audio speakers to work with zoom,
  5. lenovo zoom microphone not working,
  6. problems with zoom speaker switching off