Windows 10: Zoom crashes when webcam starts

Discus and support Zoom crashes when webcam starts in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is not a question - but a possible solution.After trying everything everyone on the internet suggested with no luck - I suspected that it was my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Honolulu57, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Zoom crashes when webcam starts

This is not a question - but a possible solution.After trying everything everyone on the internet suggested with no luck - I suspected that it was my anti-virus software.I use Bitdefender - but I would guess any antivirus could also be the problem if the software monitors the camera.Try turning off camera monitoring in your anti-virus software and reboot. It worked for me.Mike

:)

Honolulu57, Apr 23, 2021

2. Webcam permanently zoomed in

Dell All-in-One integrated webcam stays zoomed in. cannot adjust. 4 hrs online with Dell support with them trying to sell me software warranty. Need help. Deleted and reinstalled in device manager, reset, refreshed, installed update driver. ??? Any suggestions

Zoom crashes when webcam starts e8fd6020-12c6-477b-8096-7fc4a5568dca.png

Bobby Bass Gibson, Apr 23, 2021
  3. CJW
    CJW Win User
    Start Menu List - ZOOM

Is the program ZOOM installed on a user-by-user basis?

I installed ZOOM through my (everyday use) Standard account & placed the shortcut into the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs folder, as I do w/other shortcuts just in case I need them when I do use my Administrator account.

But my Administrator account doesn't show the ZOOM icon (red circles) & when I do click on the shortcut, I get an error message-

Zoom crashes when webcam starts [​IMG]

Zoom crashes when webcam starts [​IMG]

4. Zoom crashes when webcam starts

Webcam permanently zoomed in

Hi Bobby,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Since when did the issue started appearing?

• Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?
    I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Printer. Refer these steps:

• 1. Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

2. Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

3. Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

4. Run the Hardware and devices.
    Check if it helps, If the issue persists follow the below method.

Method 2: Check the Windows updates for any latest driver updates.

Check in Windows updates if any driver updates are available. If so, install the same and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.
    • Type “Updates” in the search bar and click on the icon “Windows Update” from the search result.
    • On the “Windows Update” window, click on the link: “Check for updates” from the left hand side of the window to receive a fresh
    List of updates.

• If the updates are available, then install all the updates listed there.
    Check if it helps.

Method 3: Download and Install the drivers

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install the latest webcam drivers from your computer manufacturer website and check if it resolves the issue.

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Apr 23, 2021
Thema:

Zoom crashes when webcam starts

1. Zoom crashes when webcam starts - Similar Threads - Zoom crashes webcam

2. How to Zoom Out of a webcam ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Zoom Out of a webcam ?: Hey Microsoft Community, I use a Lenovo S340 Laptop for my online conferencing and my camera in the laptop does not work so I got a cheap webcam from Frontech and I would like to zoom out of the camera I heard i can not do this through the windows camera appLooking for...
  3. Webcam freezes in Zoom or Teams when launched

Webcam freezes in Zoom or Teams when launched: Hello, I have checked for updates to ensure that the laptop is on the latest and greatest windows update. Whenever the user wants to attend a zoom or teams meeting the webcam launches and freezes. Hardware: HP ZBook 15 G4, sn: CND8194Z3D The device is listed as an HP HD...
  4. webcam problem during Zoom meetings

webcam problem during Zoom meetings: During lockdown my drama group has been recording sketches. I have no camera installed on my Probook 6460b so I bought a webcam. I have found I am well out of sync all the time, not a good look! I dont think its my internet, although I did buy an extender which I am now...
  5. Webcam and Mic from Zoom Essential

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam and Mic from Zoom Essential: Hi Everyone, I just received a starter pack from a company called Zoom Essential. It includes a webcam, a little mic and a light ring. I have dome everything they have said for connection - like the webcam connects to the USB port and the mic to the speaker port. What else...
  6. Webcam color calibration in Zoom

Webcam color calibration in Zoom: There is a locked thread from April 6th 2020, I'm using Zoom web conferencing software, and it has a "virtual background" feature that does the green screening quite well. That is what that the thread is about. The problem is that the camera re calibrates when I put the...
  7. zoom crashing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    zoom crashing: i dont understrand why my zoom keep crashing this a new laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zoom-crashing/2c40c2a5-6713-4676-b2a4-556cb6284085
  8. Zoom crashing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Zoom crashing: I just installed windows 10 on my t440p not too long ago, but ever since I got windows, zoom keeps crashing every time I go into a meeting. It just switches to a blue screen with like a frown face and loss to 100% then restarts. Any suggestions? submitted by...
  9. Webcam is not working in Zoom

Webcam is not working in Zoom: The webcamera was working well on my Dell laptop. And it is working well now in all apps except Zoom.There, the webcam shows a black screen. I checked in the settings and it is turned on. Please help because I do not know what to do then...
  10. Webcam Zoom in Skype

Webcam Zoom in Skype: I have the latest version of Skype. I am able to see my webcam image in the video configuration section, but it is zoomed in too close. Is there a way to adjust the zoom, using Skype or some software-based method? Major001...