Windows 10: Zoom, Discord, freeze when opening File Explorer or searching through the Start Menu

Discus and support Zoom, Discord, freeze when opening File Explorer or searching through the Start Menu in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I'm in a Zoom or Discord call, opening File Explorer seems to mess with my connection for a few seconds. Any ideas? submitted by /u/Qu4ckL0rd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Qu4ckL0rd, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Zoom, Discord, freeze when opening File Explorer or searching through the Start Menu

When I'm in a Zoom or Discord call, opening File Explorer seems to mess with my connection for a few seconds. Any ideas?

submitted by /u/Qu4ckL0rd
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Qu4ckL0rd, Oct 16, 2020

2. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Dengar Win User
    Inability to open file explorer from start menu

I am not able to open the file explorer through the option on the start menu, or by clicking on the file explorer pinned to the task bar. When I click the pinned file explorer the window that pops up says "Windows cannot find ''. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." I am able to navigate through to my files by going to the start menu file explorer's jump list (clicking the arrow to the right of the file explorer option on the start menu). All of these issues began after I had been messing around with custom themes. I ran UltraUXThemePatcher_3.0.4 and then I changed the following files (themeui.dll,uxinit.dll, and uxtheme.dll). Next, I ran a registry editor file that made it so I can take ownership via right click. I also followed these steps in this article: [Windows 10 Tip] Remove Icons from Navigation Pane of This PC - AskVG
    up to the end of "Part 2: Remove Quick Access Icon From Navigation Pane of This PC".
    The last thing I did was install a custom icon pack.

Dengar, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Zoom, Discord, freeze when opening File Explorer or searching through the Start Menu

setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Zoom, Discord, freeze when opening File Explorer or searching through the Start Menu

1. Zoom, Discord, freeze when opening File Explorer or searching through the Start Menu - Similar Threads - Zoom Discord freeze

2. Settings, start menu, file explorer, and search won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings, start menu, file explorer, and search won't open: The previous week my computer force restarted itself and wouldn't boot up for hours. All of a sudden when I log on, I can't open settings, the start menu, the file explorer, and the search bar. Settings closes immediately after opening. The file explorer won't open and causes...
  3. Settings, start menu, file explorer, and search won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings, start menu, file explorer, and search won't open: The previous week my computer force restarted itself and wouldn't boot up for hours. All of a sudden when I log on, I can't open settings, the start menu, the file explorer, and the search bar. Settings closes immediately after opening. The file explorer won't open and causes...
  4. Settings, start menu, file explorer, and search won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can't open programs through the start menu search anymore

in Cortana
    Can't open programs through the start menu search anymore: I suddenly can't open installed programs like Steam or Skype through the search bar in the start menu on Windows 10.I can use Win+R to run apps.The same issue was reported back in 2017 but none of the solutions there helped me.The folder mentioned in the solution there...
  6. Can't open programs through the start menu search anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open programs through the start menu search anymore: I suddenly can't open installed programs like Steam or Skype through the search bar in the start menu on Windows 10.I can use Win+R to run apps.The same issue was reported back in 2017 but none of the solutions there helped me.The folder mentioned in the solution there...
  7. Can't open programs through the start menu search anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Search in file explorer from start menu opens and then quickly closes

in Windows 10 Support
    Search in file explorer from start menu opens and then quickly closes: Hello, In windows 10 V21H1 I am trying to do a text search from the start menu. I hit start, type a few characters, click "Documents" along the top and then click "search in file explorer". This very quickly opens up a file explorer window which then immediately closes. My...
  9. Discord/Zoom cuts when I open the File Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Discord/Zoom cuts when I open the File Explorer: Ok, so I have a weird problem, and Google gives me nothing... it seems to be something quite unusual. I have a PC tower with an Archer-T3U USB adapter. It works well. I have a 200 mbps Internet connection that is very fast and reliable. However, for some reason EVERY. TIME. i...
  10. Start Menu and File Explorer search broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu and File Explorer search broken: For some reason, when I click on the search icon on the start menu, or the search box in file explorer, nothing happens. Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm on v2004. submitted by /u/badass-techie [link] [comments]...