Windows 10: Zoom email text to fit window in Windows 10 Mail App?

Discus and support Zoom email text to fit window in Windows 10 Mail App? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there a way to zoom in and out in the Windows 10 mail app that fits the email to the window instead of zooming beyond the window and making the user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vybster, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Zoom email text to fit window in Windows 10 Mail App?

Is there a way to zoom in and out in the Windows 10 mail app that fits the email to the window instead of zooming beyond the window and making the user scroll to read the rest of the email?

Seems like a pretty basic feature but I can't seem to find a solution online.

I have tried: - using Ctrl + '+/-' but this only zooms the whole page and creates scroll bars. I am looking for something more like zooming in Chrome or Thunderbird where the text is larger but its wrapped to fit the window.

Thank you!

submitted by /u/vybster
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vybster, Jun 23, 2020
  2. iko22 Win User

Windows 10 Mail App Zoom Problem

Hi, while I know not how to alter the Zoom, I can make a suggestion. If you Open the Mail which you wish to read, then click on the Open message in a New Window button/icon. It is the rectangular box with an arrow through it, found in top -right corner, under the Send button (mine is green):

Zoom email text to fit window in Windows 10 Mail App? [​IMG]

This will open the selected Email in a new Window. You can then maximise that window to fit the screen, then you would have more room to zoom, without clipping the right-edge of the message.

It is not much of an improvement, but it could make a difference in only a few mouse clicks.

iko22, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Tomel Win User

Getting a little older and find myself needing to zoom / enlarge text so I can read it more easily. When I zoom in on a web page, using either Chrome or the new Chromium-based edge, all of the text remains visible left to right. The result of zooming is simply more lines of text up and down.Windows 10 Mail handles zooming totally different. When I zoom beyond the size of the window, the text goes off the screen to the right, requiring me to scroll to the right. The number of lines of text up and down remain the same.I assume this is simply an issue where the browsers and the mail app have been programmed differently. If not, am I missing some way to prevent Mail text from going off the screen, thus requiring me to scroll to the right?Thanks for any insight or suggestions.

Tomel, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Tomel Win User

Zoom email text to fit window in Windows 10 Mail App?

I really don't want to change the font, resolution, etc. for Windows overall since, except for Windows Mail, I seem to be able to zoom as necessary (Ctrl-Scroll Wheel or Ctrl + / -). Following on your suggestion, I looked at settings of the Windows Mail App. Accessibility was not one of the options. I tried Default Font and changed the font size. However that appears to only impact emails I write -- not ones I receive. Thanks for the suggestions anyway. I'm willing to try any suggestions.

Tomel, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Zoom email text to fit window in Windows 10 Mail App?

1. Zoom email text to fit window in Windows 10 Mail App? - Similar Threads - Zoom email text

2. How to toggle zoom to fit in Windows 10 picture viewer ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to toggle zoom to fit in Windows 10 picture viewer ?: Hi.After recent update, the pictures automatically zoom to 100% size when it's under the screen size.I can't figure how to toggle my picture viewer to "zoom to fit"; it zooms to fit only if I press Ctrl+0 or press that option on the top of the image but then the next image is...
  3. How to toggle zoom to fit in Windows 10 picture viewer ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to toggle zoom to fit in Windows 10 picture viewer ?: Hi.After recent update, the pictures automatically zoom to 100% size when it's under the screen size.I can't figure how to toggle my picture viewer to "zoom to fit"; it zooms to fit only if I press Ctrl+0 or press that option on the top of the image but then the next image is...
  4. Windows 10 Mail app sometimes will not download pictures or text within an email.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Mail app sometimes will not download pictures or text within an email.: Just came up with a solution for the issues that some are having with the Mail app in Windows 10. For months, some emails don't get fully downloaded from the client server, and are missing text or pictures within an email received. I have found an "work around" substitute...
  5. Windows 10 Mail app, old emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Mail app, old emails: I want to keep my old emails in the inbox but I don’t know how https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-app-old-emails/18d8ac60-c5c1-49ce-a076-d594e3c34abd
  6. Recall email in Windows 10 Mail App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recall email in Windows 10 Mail App: Good morning, I accidentally sent an email through my company email that contains sensitive and privelaged information and Im hoping to recall it immediately. How can I do this? It was sent last night when I was tired and not double checking the recipient. My GMail account...
  7. Windows 10 Mail App Zoom Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail App Zoom Problem: Getting a little older and find myself needing to zoom / enlarge text so I can read it more easily. When I zoom in on a web page, using either Chrome or the new Chromium-based edge, all of the text remains visible left to right. The result of zooming is simply more lines of...
  8. emails not showing full text in windows 10 mail app

emails not showing full text in windows 10 mail app: i am having a strange problem with the mail app on windows 10, when my wife sends me a email from apple notes with a table in it i can open the email in my android mail app with no problem. On the windows ten email app when my email notification comes up it shows me the...
  9. Emails not syncing in Windows 10 Mail app

Emails not syncing in Windows 10 Mail app: Hi, I wonder if anyone can help with this, I'm going around in circles .. Scenario; Start desktop PC, Windows 10 starts normally. Open Windows 10 Mail and Calendar app to view mail. Mail app opens, it shows mail in inbox list, but no recently synced mail. Click on other...
  10. Windows 10 Mail app Message Text Overlapping

Windows 10 Mail app Message Text Overlapping: I have set up a gmailaccount in the windows 10 mail app. When I go to view emails in my inbox the text is often overlapping making it impossible to read. Any possible fixes or solutions?...