Windows 10: zoom isnt playing audio through built in speakers anymore

Discus and support zoom isnt playing audio through built in speakers anymore in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; im not sure if this is a bug in zoom or if its the laptop itself but i cant get any audio from zoom anymore. the audio works just fine, because when i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JayZazu, Jan 12, 2021.

1. JayZazu Win User

zoom isnt playing audio through built in speakers anymore

im not sure if this is a bug in zoom or if its the laptop itself but i cant get any audio from zoom anymore. the audio works just fine, because when i open other apps e.g. music or games they play audio just fine. ive tried selecting the speakers manually RealtekR audio but it still wouldnt work. im not sure if my settings or drivers are messed up. i have everything up to date and ive reinstalled zoom multiple times. i would greatly appreciate it if anyone has any tips that can help me solve this problem. the collage semester just started and i need to get this fixed soon.

:)

JayZazu, Jan 12, 2021
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    How to override everything and just have speakers play audio?

Hi,

We understand that you'd like to play audio using the built-in speaker even the headphone jack is plugged-in.

Here's how:

Type Sound on the search option, select it from the

list of results. On the Playback tab, select the built-in speaker, then select
    Set Default. Click OK.

Feel free to post back for the results.

Romel Ram, Jan 12, 2021
  4. zoom isnt playing audio through built in speakers anymore

Audio playing through speakers while headphones are plugged in

Hello,

We regret for the inconvenience and at the same time we appreciate the effort you have put in to resolve the issue.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check what are the playback devices configured in Windows. Follow the below steps.

1) Open sound from Control Panel.

2) See if the devices are set correct in the playback window. Also, right click anywhere and choose show disabled Devices to find out if any of the devices are not configured properly.

3) Amongst the listed items disable and re-enable your headphone device and repeat the same steps for speakers.

Next, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft Help link and check if it helps to resolve the issue at the first place.

Fix sound problems

Though unclear if you have already deployed the mentioned troubleshooters, I suggest you to follow these steps to run the Windows in built troubleshooter. This is a diagnostic which helps to identify any potential issues present
    in your PC.

a) Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

b) Click on Troubleshooting
    tab.

c) Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

d) Select the Playing Audio option from the list.

e) Click Next to run the Troubleshooter

Note: Also use the Hardware and Device troubleshooter from the view all list,

If it still does not help, access the laptop manufacturer’s website and download the latest sound drivers, install it and check if it works fine and if it switches to speaker
    automatically from headphones when it’s plugged in.

Write to us with the updates status and the required information related to audio output in Windows, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

zoom isnt playing audio through built in speakers anymore

1. zoom isnt playing audio through built in speakers anymore - Similar Threads - zoom isnt playing

2. Why does audio play through my headphones but not my speakers anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does audio play through my headphones but not my speakers anymore?: A few days ago, while playing a game, my PC made a sort of grinding noise over the speakers - not any actual part of the machine grinding together and the PC turned off with no further warning.Upon powering up as normal, there was no audio playing, so I plugged in my...
  3. Why does audio play through my headphones but not my speakers anymore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does audio play through my headphones but not my speakers anymore?: A few days ago, while playing a game, my PC made a sort of grinding noise over the speakers - not any actual part of the machine grinding together and the PC turned off with no further warning.Upon powering up as normal, there was no audio playing, so I plugged in my...
  4. Itunes music playing through speakers not through connected audio devices?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Itunes music playing through speakers not through connected audio devices?: I recently got a windows pc and downloaded iTunes because I have the subscription. I connected a pair of wired headphones to my pc and played a song from my library tab and I came out of the speakers. Any other sounds that are from the internet or the sound tests came out...
  5. Audio playing through speakers and headphones.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio playing through speakers and headphones.: My audio is playing through speakers and headphones. I've tried to set headphones to default but the option to do so isn't there. All I have is realtek audio speakers. How do I get it to automatically disable speakers when headphones are plugged in? 172751
  6. Non zoom audio not playing in headphones but zoom audio is playing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Non zoom audio not playing in headphones but zoom audio is playing: When I played audio from chrome or any other application except zoom it does not play from the headphones but plays from the system speakers. I tried to change the audio output from the settings but it didn't have an option to change it to headphone audio for the system audio...
  7. Laptop not recognize audio jack anymore, plays through speaker instead

Laptop not recognize audio jack anymore, plays through speaker instead: This is the third forum I try to ask for help, hopefully third time is a charm. So, suddenly, two days ago my laptop stopped recognizing that a earphone jack is plugged in and plays all sounds through the speakers instead. - Windows 10 v1909 build 18363.752 (was on v1903...
  8. Audio plays through headphones and speakers

Audio plays through headphones and speakers: So ive tried to update my drivers, ive tried to uninstall/reinstall, ive tried to go to playback devices, ive tried to go to my realtek stuff and none of this is working, it seems different then any of the cases ive seen by looking it up, i have no clue what to do. i went...
  9. Audio is playing through both speakers and headphones.

Audio is playing through both speakers and headphones.: I reinstalled my audio drivers today because it wasn't working, I can hear everything now but it plays through both my headphones and speakers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-is-playing-through-both-speakers-and/39c750ca-4d00-4b36-846a-6d5ba871da62
  10. How to play audio/music through speakers AND bluetooth speakers

How to play audio/music through speakers AND bluetooth speakers: I have a pair of Creative T40 speakers plugged into the 3.5mm jack on my laptop. I got hold of a bluetooth speaker and that was recognised straight-away. I have installed a large monitor (32inch) to the laptop on which I work as well as watch movies and play games. I was...