Windows 10: Zoom with FN keys or Screen Keyboard?

Discus and support Zoom with FN keys or Screen Keyboard? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Running Easy Canvas on my iPad Pro without a keyboard so just using the On-Screen Keyboard which doesn't show Numpad etc., trying to find the key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by espr3ss001, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Zoom with FN keys or Screen Keyboard?

Running Easy Canvas on my iPad Pro without a keyboard so just using the On-Screen Keyboard which doesn't show Numpad etc., trying to find the key combination for Zoom in/out? I can also set a shortcut in Easy Canvas but the same problem.Normally it's Ctrl & Numpad +/-, maybe using FN keys?

:)

espr3ss001, Jul 2, 2022

2. Fn key not working on Microsoft Ergonimic 4000 keyboard

Hi Davide,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to not being able to use Function keys properly on the keyboard. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    2. Have you tried using the keyboard on any other PC?

Refer the article Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try using the on-screen keyboard on Windows 10 and see if the Fn key works. Refer the article

Use the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) to type

You may also want to check if the F Lock key is toggled on the keyboard. If it is On then try switching it Off and see if the Fn key works.

In addition, you can refer the section Special keys on the keyboard aren't functioning
    from the article
    Troubleshoot problems with your Microsoft mouse or keyboard

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 2, 2022
  3. FN key always on

To clarify, I was saying "Accessibility" features maybe be controlled via the BIOS, not the Fn keys. And one of the Accessibility features makes the keys "sticky". This allows folks with some disabilities to press, for example, the Ctrl key, then the Alt key, and then Del in sequence instead of all at once. Same with the Fn key. The sticky feature would let you first press the Fn key, and then the F9 key (for example) and not Fn + F9 at the same time to enable/disable whatever Fn + F9 does with that notebook (it is the touchpad on my Toshiba).

Bill_Bright, Jul 2, 2022
  4. Drone Win User

Zoom with FN keys or Screen Keyboard?

FN key always on

Fn key got absolutely nothing to do with BIOS.

It just requires some bizarre combination. One of this should do the trick:

fn + scrl
    fn+ num
    fn + F11
    fn + F8

Drone, Jul 2, 2022
Thema:

Zoom with FN keys or Screen Keyboard?

1. Zoom with FN keys or Screen Keyboard? - Similar Threads - Zoom keys Screen

2. windoss 11 keyboard fn key not working ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windoss 11 keyboard fn key not working ?: windoss 11 keyboard fn key not working ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windoss-11-keyboard-fn-key-not-working/ab778433-de2c-4713-8a2a-a4fc8b268416
  3. Fn Lock and external keyboard function keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fn Lock and external keyboard function keys: Hi there,So I seem to have this problem with my external keyboard.The 'Fn lock' is enabled on my laptop, but still the F-keys on my external keyboard act as if it were off act as multimedia keys. When I turn off 'Fn lock' on my laptop, the F-keys on my external keyboard still...
  4. Fn Lock and external keyboard function keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fn Lock and external keyboard function keys: Hi there,So I seem to have this problem with my external keyboard.The 'Fn lock' is enabled on my laptop, but still the F-keys on my external keyboard act as if it were off act as multimedia keys. When I turn off 'Fn lock' on my laptop, the F-keys on my external keyboard still...
  5. Zoom with FN keys or Screen Keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Zoom with FN keys or Screen Keyboard?: Running Easy Canvas on my iPad Pro without a keyboard so just using the On-Screen Keyboard which doesn't show Numpad etc., trying to find the key combination for Zoom in/out? I can also set a shortcut in Easy Canvas but the same problem.Normally it's Ctrl & Numpad +/-, maybe...
  6. Futjitsu KB900 Keyboard Without "Fn" key..

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Futjitsu KB900 Keyboard Without "Fn" key..: Hello Everyone, I got a keyboard for work recently and I want to use the "media" and useful shortcut keys that are related to the F1, F2, F3 ... F12 keys. On other keyboard, I don't have any issues at all tu use them. But here, I cannot find any "fn" key to hold before...
  7. Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard FN KEY

Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard FN KEY: Hi. I am trying to find a key combination to be used as fn key instead the horrible fn swtich in Sculpt Keyboard. It is so annoying and super weird this design decision from Microsoft team to have such trade off like a fn switch. The keyboard is absolutely brilliant though...
  8. Lock FN key - Entertainment 7000 keyboard

Lock FN key - Entertainment 7000 keyboard: Hello, I would like to know how to lock FN key in the Microsot Entertainment 7000 keyboard. I tried pressing at same time FN + CapsLock but it didn't work It only changes the status of the Caps Lock. The key works properly if i keep it pressed when i'm using it. I've...
  9. Windows keyboard fn key and fn key Windows key <<<Windows ۱۰

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows keyboard fn key and fn key Windows key <<<Windows ۱۰: Hello friends Windows keyboard fn key and fn key Windows key Windows ۱۰ pro ۶۴ bit Please advise thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-keyboard-fn-key-and-fn-key-windows-key/8925879c-372c-4557-a5bf-471951d0fc31
  10. Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard FN key

Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard FN key: Hello, I bought this new keyboard, that MS released recently in October. I like it, but which I was afraid of, happens. Combination Ctrl + FN + Win key + Fkeys do not work. For example Ctrl + Win + F4 should close virtual desktop, but on this keyboard Fkeys are...