Windows 10: Zoomed Desktop when laptop attached to 4k TV

Discus and support Zoomed Desktop when laptop attached to 4k TV in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, I have recently purchased a new 4k television and sometimes plug my laptop via an HDMI cable to it for gaming. When I connect, the desktop is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by markread76, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Zoomed Desktop when laptop attached to 4k TV

Hi,

I have recently purchased a new 4k television and sometimes plug my laptop via an HDMI cable to it for gaming. When I connect, the desktop is zoomed in and some games do not run because of this.. Now I had this issue with a standard 1080p TV, it was a simple fix of adjusting the Change the size of text ,apps and other items slide bar under settings/system/display. Games would start working and thedesktop would resume its normal size. But with this 4k TV, the Change of size of text bar and not selectable along with a number of other options, like resolution (I have to do this via the Intel Graphics Control Panel. Some games do not like working whilst the desktop is set to zoom, any ideas what is going on?

Zoomed Desktop when laptop attached to 4k TV [​IMG]

Zoomed Desktop when laptop attached to 4k TV [​IMG]

:)

markread76, Jan 9, 2016

2. Remote Desktop Bug?: 4K Display Windows 10 > Windows 7 with Firefox

I've observed a peculiar bug with the combination of Remote Desktop 10.0.10240 on a 4k Display viewing a Win 7 64 Bit system when Firefox is running and RDP Zoom is turned on. While the Zoom is active the RDP session slows to a crawl and may lock up.
    If you can manage to turn Zoom off (100%) then performance returns. I can replicate this on multiple windows 7 systems that I access via my Win 10 4K Laptop. Anyone else run into this particular combination and issue?

HighCaliber, Jan 9, 2016
  3. 1080p Laptop Sceen to 4K Monitor

Hi All,

I recently updated to a 4K Monitor which i have attached as a second display to my Alienware 1080P Laptop.

I have noticed at first setup that the 4K monitor has everything so small due to its DPI advantage but its unreadable.

If i change the resolution to 125% .. 150% the screen becomes blurry.

If i change the main display to my Monitor it becomes crystal clear at 150% but my laptop screen becomes blurry and zoomed in.

any help would be great.

Thanks

MatthewJones002, Jan 9, 2016
  4. Archie123 Win User

Zoomed Desktop when laptop attached to 4k TV

Goto the settings for the port your pc is plugged into (on your tv) and set it to PC or 1:1 (your tv may have a dedicated hdmi input for a pc check your manual) this will give you 1:1 pixel mapping and a proper view

Archie123, Jan 12, 2016
Thema:

Zoomed Desktop when laptop attached to 4k TV

1. Zoomed Desktop when laptop attached to 4k TV - Similar Threads - Zoomed Desktop laptop

2. Cannot switch to 4K on TV with my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot switch to 4K on TV with my laptop: I have a Mi 4A TV which is 4K capable and my hp laptop has i5-1235U with Iris Xe Graphics. So the problem is, I want to work on my TV by closing the laptop lid, but the 1080p resolution feels blurry so I opened settings and switched the resolution to 3840x2160 and my TV goes...
  3. Cannot switch to 4K on TV with my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot switch to 4K on TV with my laptop: I have a Mi 4A TV which is 4K capable and my hp laptop has i5-1235U with Iris Xe Graphics. So the problem is, I want to work on my TV by closing the laptop lid, but the 1080p resolution feels blurry so I opened settings and switched the resolution to 3840x2160 and my TV goes...
  4. attaching laptop to hinsense tv, has no volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    attaching laptop to hinsense tv, has no volume: Attached my Hinsense tv to my laptop with windows 10 . Got a picture but no volume. Have gone through the volume settings and will not come on. HELP....
  5. attaching laptop to hinsense tv, has no volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    attaching laptop to hinsense tv, has no volume: Attached my Hinsense tv to my laptop with windows 10 . Got a picture but no volume. Have gone through the volume settings and will not come on. HELP....
  6. Laptop HDMI into a 4K TV.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop HDMI into a 4K TV.: I'm trying to hook a (new) laptop into a new 4K TV to use as an external monitor. When I plug the HDMI cord in, Windows recognizes the 2nd monitor with all the settings but no signal shows up on the TV. I lowered the aspect ratio from the 4K TV in the adapter settings to...
  7. Zoom Q2n 4k

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Zoom Q2n 4k: Hello, I recently purchased a Zoom Q2n 4k video recorder and I was trying to upload some videos to my hp computer but it didn't detect the Zoom device even though it was plugged into the computer. Would you be able to help me with this? Thank you very much!...
  8. Low quality on TV 4K when using HDMI from my laptop

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Low quality on TV 4K when using HDMI from my laptop: My laptop is a new HP 15-db0045ns with AMD Ryzen 5 2500U CPU and AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics and 12GB RAM. HDMI port is 1.4 The TV is a new Samsung UHD 4K and when I connect this or older laptops by HDMI the image quality is very poor, as if it was a much lower resolution....
  9. Low quality on TV 4K when using HDMI from my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Low quality on TV 4K when using HDMI from my laptop: My laptop is a new HP 15-db0045ns with AMD Ryzen 5 2500U CPU and AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics and 12GB RAM. HDMI port is 1.4 The TV is a new Samsung UHD 4K and when I connect this or older laptops by HDMI the image quality is very poor, as if it was a much lower resolution....
  10. 4k tv resolution issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    4k tv resolution issue: I'm running an LG 4k UHD tv with a GTX 1080. The first day I brought it home I was able to set the proper 3840x2160 resolution but then I updated the driver. Now anytime I set that resolution, starting from the standard 1920x1080, I get a black screen. It's not the TV...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 4k tv zoomed desktop