Windows 10: Zooming browser(s)

Discus and support Zooming browser(s) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After what I thought was a Microsoft update that my p c told me was available to install last night, this morning both Edge and Google Chrome browsers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by guitz, Nov 5, 2020.

1. guitz Win User

Zooming browser(s)

After what I thought was a Microsoft update that my p c told me was available to install last night, this morning both Edge and Google Chrome browsers will randomly zoom the viewing area of the browsers until they are both maxed at 500% zoom! I take them back to 100% and they again randomly start increasing the zoom. I checked the onscreen keyboard and my Ctrl key is not stuck. I google searched this and others have had this issue, but no one seems to know why or how to permanently fix it.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks

:)

guitz, Nov 5, 2020
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Browser Zoom

Hi there
    I might be dense here but any browser you can re-size the window -- and simply to make text or whatever just press ctrl and '+' to increase or ctrl and '-' to decrease.

Works on any browser I've tried whether on Windows or Linux.

E.g firefox browser on Linux zoom works just fine.

From Tiny to 300% -- can go bigger too.

Zooming browser(s) [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Nov 5, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Browser Zoom

It shouldn't be noticeably different from using a smaller font. I use 90% zoom routinely to get that bit extra on the screen. Firefox screenshots:

Bree, Nov 5, 2020
  4. Zooming browser(s)

Badly zoomed in on all Office products and Explorer

Hi,

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• If you have a mouse with a wheel, hold down the Ctrl key, and then scroll the wheel to zoom in or out.
    • From the keyboard, you can increase or decrease the zoom value in 10% increments. To zoom in, press Ctrl + (+). To zoom out, press Ctrl + (-). To restore the zoom to 100%, press Ctrl+0.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

Zooming browser(s)

1. Zooming browser(s) - Similar Threads - Zooming browser

2. Unable to change default URL:Tel file association to Zoom in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change default URL:Tel file association to Zoom in Windows 10: Recently updated Zoom to the latest version on my computer, and updated Windows 10 current branch 20H2. Now when I click on a phone number in chrome or other apps, it asks to pick a default app, and Zoom Meetings does not appear. I am also unable to choose a default app. I...
  3. camera not working for zoom

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    camera not working for zoom: camera not working for zoom meetings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-working-for-zoom/a5e3070e-9165-46d0-946f-8a6430620acd
  4. Best way to lock keyboard in a meeting ( using zoom )

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best way to lock keyboard in a meeting ( using zoom ): Hi, I'm working from home today which is not something I usually do. I have a meeting at 10 but my kid loves bashing my keyboard when he sees me on my laptop. Whats the best way to lock the keyboard for this? ( apart from locking my kid out the room ) submitted by...
  5. My camera has suddenly stopped working for zoom meetings- why?

My camera has suddenly stopped working for zoom meetings- why?: My camera just stopped working. I noticed it when I joined a zoom meeting this morning. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-has-suddenly-stopped-working-for-zoom/567c1142-9534-405d-b7fd-384470e3a49d
  6. Problems with microphone when using Zoom or other video services

Problems with microphone when using Zoom or other video services: Having problems with my voice going in and out when video conferencing. [Moved from: Microsoft 365 and Office / Unknown/other / Windows 10 / Office 2019]...
  7. Zooming browser(s)

in Browsers and Email
    Zooming browser(s): After what I thought was a Microsoft update that my p c told me was available to install last night, this morning both Edge and Google Chrome browsers will randomly zoom the viewing area of the browsers until they are both maxed at 500% zoom! I take them back to 100% and they...
  8. Browser Zoom

in Browsers and Email
    Browser Zoom: Hi, does changing the zoom levels from 100% cause a reduction in display quality? Blur? In Chrome there is no "recommended" zoom but for some reason a recommended font size. 116499
  9. All videos on all browsers (edge, chrome, etc) are zoomed in and in black and white. need help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All videos on all browsers (edge, chrome, etc) are zoomed in and in black and white. need help: I have tried everything on this forum to try and remedy this issue none of them worked, i am on the latest update for windows 10 pro (version 1803 os build 17134.191) 64 bit system, Processor AMD A6-6310 APU with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics 1.80 GHZ 4gb of ram, this issue just...
  10. All internet browsers are more "zoomed in" and bigger than normal.

in Browsers and Email
    All internet browsers are more "zoomed in" and bigger than normal.: Yesterday when I opened up Chrome the top bar, where all your tabs and such are, this what a lot bigger than normal. This didn't just happen to Chrome, Edge and IE have the same issue where the top bar is bigger and everything on the website is giant and to some what fix it...