Windows 10: Zyxel 0day Affects its Firewall Products, Too

Discus and support Zyxel 0day Affects its Firewall Products, Too in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; On Monday, networking hardware maker Zyxel released security updates to plug a critical security hole in its network attached storage (NAS) devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Zyxel 0day Affects its Firewall Products, Too

Zyxel 0day Affects its Firewall Products, Too — Krebs on Security

:)

Brink, Feb 27, 2020
  2. S_and_S Win User

ZyXEL APS shows up in my network. What is it?

I'm not exactly sure what that means ...

Does it mean that ZyXEL APS appears in the list of available networks when you click on the WiFi icon in the notification area? If so, that's normal. Your WiFi adapter has an antenna that detects the presence of nearby WiFi networks, just like the antenna
    in your radio detects the presence of nearby radio stations.

Or does it mean that ZyXEL APS appears in the list of devices connected to
    your
    network? If so, that means that your network security is weak, so someone has connected to your network. If some unauthorized person has connected to your network, you can block them, but you need to do that in your router.

You also have to encrypt your network - choose the WPS2-AES method for best protection - and also password-protect your router's configuration utility. Without these twp steps, anyone who wants to can easily connect to your network.

ZyXEL is a manufacturer of networking hardware. AP usually means 'access point' - a device that connects to a network.

S_and_S, Feb 27, 2020
  3. Zyxel NAS Starter Utility

Hi Riccardo,

To better assist you, we need to ask you some questions:

• Do you need to install Zyxel NAS Starter Utility in order for you to access the form?
    • Can you manually access the form using Edge or Internet Explorer?

If Zyxel NAS Starter Utility is an installed program, try running the
    Program Compatibility Troubleshooter

Let us know how it goes.

Meliton Dec, Feb 27, 2020
  4. Zyxel 0day Affects its Firewall Products, Too

Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

Zyxel 0day Affects its Firewall Products, Too

1. Zyxel 0day Affects its Firewall Products, Too - Similar Threads - Zyxel 0day Affects

2. Its Too much money to spend.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Its Too much money to spend.: Hello everybody, usually im not anyone to go on here and talk ab this stuff but here i am, iv been playing minecraft since i was 4 or 5 and i LOVE the game. I have brought the game on IOS, Playstation and switch. But when i sign in on windows it says i need to buy it again...
  3. Its Too much money to spend.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Its Too much money to spend.: Hello everybody, usually im not anyone to go on here and talk ab this stuff but here i am, iv been playing minecraft since i was 4 or 5 and i LOVE the game. I have brought the game on IOS, Playstation and switch. But when i sign in on windows it says i need to buy it again...
  4. Will upgrading CPU affect installed Windows and Microsoft products?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will upgrading CPU affect installed Windows and Microsoft products?: I am about to upgrade the CPU on my computer. Will this affect the licensing of my Windows and Microsoft products? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-upgrading-cpu-affect-installed-windows-and/9d036f40-dc25-44c4-ab4d-a23b8e5c32f8
  5. Will upgrading CPU affect installed Windows and Microsoft products?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will upgrading CPU affect installed Windows and Microsoft products?: I am about to upgrade the CPU on my computer. Will this affect the licensing of my Windows and Microsoft products? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-upgrading-cpu-affect-installed-windows-and/9d036f40-dc25-44c4-ab4d-a23b8e5c32f8
  6. Windows product key is too expensive!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows product key is too expensive!: I wanted to buy a windows 10 product key, when i hopped on to see the prices, i was so p*ssed cuz holy **** it cost no less than 140 bucks, Microsoft i understand why most of the windows users use pirated copies of the OS, this makes sense cuz a normal windows 10 product key...
  7. Windows Defender Firewall Affecting my Gameplay on GTA 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall Affecting my Gameplay on GTA 5: Hi, So about three months ago my family purchased a PC Alienware Aurora R11. I downloaded GTA 5 from the Epic Games Launcher onto my PC and started playing it. The first time that I played it everything was normal and I would be able to properly play the game. But after I...
  8. Latest Update Affected MS Office Product Key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest Update Affected MS Office Product Key: I am using Office 2013. For six years -- no problem! However, with the latest update, I am constantly being asked for a product key. Listen, MS! People don't hang on to these product keys forever. Give us a break! And I cannot afford to buy a new MS Office right...
  9. personal firewall lacks xml product code

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    personal firewall lacks xml product code: I have been contacted by phone by someone claiming to be MS support person wanting to fix a reported error in my personal firewall. How can I verify this? I ran Macafee MVT which does report that the Personal firewall is not functioning because it lacks some xml code. They...
  10. Zyxel NAS 540 not showing correctly on Network folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Zyxel NAS 540 not showing correctly on Network folder: I have 2 units of the NAS540. (1 currently disconnected) (when I had both attached what ever device was attached 2nd did not show up). The (or both when attempted) unit is discover-able with the manufacture starter utility. And I can access the configuration menu from...