Windows 10: 1903 installation defective

Discus and support 1903 installation defective in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; (Note also my previous post "1903: Notepad freezes" HTML Code:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tcebob, Jun 9, 2019 at 6:27 PM.

1. tcebob Win User

1903 installation defective

(Note also my previous post "1903: Notepad freezes" HTML Code: https://www.tenforums.com/general-support/134356-1903-notepad-freezes.html#post1649623)[/quote] )

Two days ago I upgraded my Win 10 Pro 1809 to 1903 and encountered strange behavior. First was the "Notepad freezes" issue and next was an inability to mount an ISO. Notepad would come up but immediately crashed, with a black patch. I could run the 1809 version from Windows.Old.

ISO files are shown on File Explorer (and Total Commander) but when double clicked bring an error that "No application is associated with the specified file for this operation."

Today I tried again and went through a fresh upgrade. No improvement. Before I install 1903 cold perhaps someone can offer a fix.

:)

2. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 9, 2019 at 6:30 PM
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 9, 2019 at 6:30 PM
  4. 1903 installation defective

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jun 9, 2019 at 6:30 PM
Thema:

1903 installation defective

1. 1903 installation defective - Similar Threads - 1903 installation defective

2. Cannot Install Update 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Install Update 1903: It fails at 60% complete every time, telling me "Windows could not configure one or more system components. To install windows, restart the computer and then restart the installation." Thus far, I have attempted to install it: 1) As prompted by the XBox Gamepass for...
  3. 1903 will not install

1903 will not install: I'm under the impression that 1903 can now be installed. So, as I poked at the issue, I saw that windows10.0-kb4504369-x64...msu should first be installed. It was downloaded and successfully installed. I then downloaded and attempted to install...
  4. install of 1903 error

install of 1903 error: When booting Win 10 Ver 1903 goes to the trouble screen {light blue} and shows three boxes with choose operating system all three boxes say volume 2 with windows 10 ???? Which one do you pick and why does this happen as this has never happened before and I have been with...
  5. Defective drivers in device manager.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Defective drivers in device manager.: I am trying to install a driver for a Wacom tablet. The driver will not install properly. In device manager I have 4 error drivers which I cannot delete. I can delete them but upon restart they show up again. Disabled all start up programs and still they show up again on...
  6. Defective cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Defective cursor: i am a windows 10 user on a Dell Inspiron 3000 i5 laptop. i recently bought and started using a wireless mouse. of late i have noted that sometimes the cursor just moves up the desktop on its own. while this has not caused any problems as yet im curious as to what could be...
  7. Defective Microsoft Surface mouse

Defective Microsoft Surface mouse: Hi, I noticed that my mouse was n o longer working today. I changed the batteries but it is intermittent at best. I noticed that one of batteries poles is rusty and cannot seem to be cleaned. I bought the mouse on 9/19/18. I have never put the mouse in water and it appears...
  8. WKS 14.1.3 - defect forwarded to VMware

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    WKS 14.1.3 - defect forwarded to VMware: Hi folks For VMware WKS 14.1.3 users (and equivalent VMware player version) I've submitted a defect / bug report to VMware. Hopefully it will be addressed in next update - however as I pointed out the "get around" is simple - start VMware player / workstation in administrator...
  9. Possibly Defective Flashdrive

Possibly Defective Flashdrive: I just found out that the backups I made on a new flash drive are not recoverable. I'm in the middle of formatting it with Quick Format turned off. If that doesn't make the FD usable, is there another software based potential solution or should I just try to get my money...
  10. defective gpu or faulty psu?

defective gpu or faulty psu?: I built a gaming pc last month and everything works except for playing games, everytime I try to play a game I get a red screen of death within the first 10-15 minutes. I have gotton support from the developers of the games and I have troubleshooted just about everything...