Windows 10: 1903 installation defective

Discus and support 1903 installation defective in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; (Note also my previous post "1903: Notepad freezes" HTML Code:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tcebob, Jun 9, 2019.

1. tcebob Win User

1903 installation defective

(Note also my previous post "1903: Notepad freezes" HTML Code: https://www.tenforums.com/general-support/134356-1903-notepad-freezes.html#post1649623)[/quote] )

Two days ago I upgraded my Win 10 Pro 1809 to 1903 and encountered strange behavior. First was the "Notepad freezes" issue and next was an inability to mount an ISO. Notepad would come up but immediately crashed, with a black patch. I could run the 1809 version from Windows.Old.

ISO files are shown on File Explorer (and Total Commander) but when double clicked bring an error that "No application is associated with the specified file for this operation."

Today I tried again and went through a fresh upgrade. No improvement. Before I install 1903 cold perhaps someone can offer a fix.

:)

tcebob, Jun 9, 2019

2. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 9, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 9, 2019
  4. 1903 installation defective

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

1903 installation defective

1. 1903 installation defective - Similar Threads - 1903 installation defective

2. Defect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defect: I scaned and cleaned my computer because something wasn't right. And here is the result of that scan. https://www.windows.com/stopcodePAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGE_AREA....NTFS.SYS....I haven't a clue of what to do and when I looked it up on search it got even more confusing. Can...
  3. Defective GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Defective GPU: I have an acer nitro 5 AN515-43. Unfortunately the GPU is damaged or defective and my laptop is also out of warranty. Right now i've disabled the dedicated GPU driver and using the integrated one.I need guidance on what should i do.Thanks in advanceShivansh...
  4. Defective keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Defective keyboard: Issue: defective MS keyboard, case # 15 15 13 58 86. Although I handle my MS Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop Keyboard gentlyalways wash my hands carefully before and after typing, my keyboard falls apart e.g., soft rubberpart is coming out from underneath, torn; etc. So I called...
  5. Defective SSD?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Defective SSD?: Hello. Decided to check the BIOS. Found this information regarding the SSD. Is this a problem? Readings are the same on all three drives. [IMG] [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defective-ssd/4e2aff3a-982d-42ef-aace-5e96f55aa177
  6. 1903 not installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1903 not installing: I am trying to update the windows 10 1903 from windows update but after downloading the files it's getting error messages that update failed. Things I have tried: Using Windows Update notification Ran Windows update troubleshooter Deleted Softwaredistribution folder...
  7. 1903 is not installing

1903 is not installing: I had 1903 start 6 times, only to error and then uninstall itself. Then I tried an in-place upgrade....only, again, to receive the same error! The quality control of MS upgrades is Now I'll be forced to do a complete re-install...which requires backing everything up &...
  8. To install or not to install 1903?

To install or not to install 1903?: So I find the reports on the hot mess 1903 is. I checked my update history and the last one I have is the (last) update to 1809: Aug 13, 2019--KB4511553 I thought all my updates were auto, but whatever.. Now it IS showing me that 1903 is ready for me to install. I have...
  9. 1903 install

1903 install: 6 hours to download and install feature 1903, and it's only at 89% !! Running off an ethernet cable from a 75/75 router with nothing else running . Of course never got the option to ignore the update. It's taking more time to update from 1803 to 1903 then it takes to setup...
  10. Defective cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Defective cursor: i am a windows 10 user on a Dell Inspiron 3000 i5 laptop. i recently bought and started using a wireless mouse. of late i have noted that sometimes the cursor just moves up the desktop on its own. while this has not caused any problems as yet im curious as to what could be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. defective windows 10 version 1903 install remedy?