Windows 10: 1903 Update and Exclusive Fullscreen Issues

Discus and support 1903 Update and Exclusive Fullscreen Issues in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After 1903 Some Games now will not run in exclusive Fullscreen causing performance issues and input lag. I've tried everything from comparability... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Nodens99, Oct 29, 2019.

1. 1903 Update and Exclusive Fullscreen Issues

After 1903 Some Games now will not run in exclusive Fullscreen causing performance issues and input lag. I've tried everything from comparability settings to registry values, and I unfortunately cannot roll back my version of windows due to the update being longer than 10 days. This seems to only work with certain games and the issue didn't show up until this update. Some of the mentioned games are Apex Legends and Escape From Tarkov.

submitted by /u/Nodens99
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Nodens99, Oct 29, 2019

2. Black Screen issue for Exclusive Fullscreen mode when exiting or Alt+Tab to Desktop after Anniversary Update

Hello, Pavan, I would like to add a few more details to this issue.

This seems to be an issue for multiple games running on exclusive fullscreen mode. Happens with Child of Light, Rocksmith, The Witcher, Resident Evil Revelations, World of Warships and a few others from what I could see. They all share the
    same circumstances, and the only way to avoid this issue is to set the game to run on borderless fullscreen mode.

When stuck in this black screen, the only way out is to press ctrl+alt+del, and blindly go to the "change user" option ("down" and "enter" after pressing the combo). After logging back into Windows, the issue is gone. Another way of avoiding this issue is
    to alt+tab from the game, exit it from the taskbar or forcefully killing the process.

I would like to say that this is a problem related only to Windows 10 Anniversary Update. This issue never happened before on previous Windows 10 builds and the reproduction rate of this issue is 100%. If you have an affected machine, this is going to happen
    every time you exit an affected game. This seems to happen only to a handful of games, so keep that in mind.

Hopefully you can address this issue as soon as possible, because it is very frustrating.

ÍtaloBruno, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 29, 2019
  4. 1903 Update and Exclusive Fullscreen Issues

Black Screen issue for Exclusive Fullscreen mode when exiting or Alt+Tab to Desktop

Hi,

Issues with exiting from a game in full-screen mode may occur due to several reasons. It is possible that your video card driver is not updated or not compatible with the current configuration of your PC. To properly isolate your concern, please provide
    us the following information:

• Are you using a dual monitor display?
    • Does the issue occur when exiting the games from windowed mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?
    • Have you tried to update your video card drivers?

In the meantime, we suggest that you install all the critical and important Windows Updates on your computer by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

1903 Update and Exclusive Fullscreen Issues

1. 1903 Update and Exclusive Fullscreen Issues - Similar Threads - 1903 Update Exclusive

2. DirectX 12 Exclusive Fullscreen with Different Aspect Ratio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DirectX 12 Exclusive Fullscreen with Different Aspect Ratio: Since Exclusive Fullscreen functionality is not a feature in DirectX 12, this creates a problem when playing games in a different Aspect Ratio than the display. I have a 16:9 Display, but I like to play games at 21:9 in Fullscreen Mode. DirectX 12 only allows the use of a...
  3. Exclusive Fullscreen forcing HDR (all games)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exclusive Fullscreen forcing HDR (all games): Hope someone can help out there. For about the last 6-9 months since some spurious Windows or Nvidia driver update, I have noticed that if I enable HDR within Windows 10, ANY game set to exclusive Full screen mode will force HDR on, regardless if the game supports HDR or not....
  4. Windows 10 forcing HDR on Exclusive Fullscreen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 forcing HDR on Exclusive Fullscreen: Just noticed recently that if I have HDR enable, Windows 10 will try and force HDR on every game if its set to Exclusive Full screen regardless if the game supports HDR or not. This normally results in a terrible image for games that dont support HDR. The only fix seems to be...
  5. [BUG] Exclusive Fullscreen Applications Cause Interactivity Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    [BUG] Exclusive Fullscreen Applications Cause Interactivity Problem: After upgrading to 20H2, I've run into what appears to be an old and undiagnosed problem; when searching I find several old threads with solutions that no longer work. Upon exiting an exclusive fullscreen app, in my case my games, any existing or subsequent window will not...
  6. Issues with exclusive fullscreen mode, and USB devices repeatedly disconnecting & reconnecting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with exclusive fullscreen mode, and USB devices repeatedly disconnecting & reconnecting: Hi. Been having an on/off issue with USB devices connecting/reconnecting constantly, but only when playing in exclusive fullscreen mode. It's gone from being an on/off issue to a constant one (but still only ever when using fullscreen apps/games) since I installed the new AMD...
  7. Fullscreen Exclusive Mode Help!

Fullscreen Exclusive Mode Help!: I like to play Fortnite in Fullscreen Exclusive Mode and the way to test if you are in exclusive mode is to press the volume button while in game and if it shows on the screen then u are not in exclusive mode. Ik windows has made it difficult to get in exclusive mode but I've...
  8. Exclusive Fullscreen in Fortnitr

Exclusive Fullscreen in Fortnitr: I have been on the internet for hours to try and get fortnite to run in exclusive fullscreen, but it wont. I've tried ticking disable fullscreen optimizations, modifying registries, changing game config files, command line arguments, etc. Other people have been experiencing...
  9. Updating to 1903 Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating to 1903 Issues: Trying to update to 1903, I download the entire update via Update Assistant, then my PC restarts and the standard blue screen that displays the % Updating follows, then it restarts again and I get "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION HANDLE" or something like that Every time I get back...
  10. Simultaneous Exclusive Fullscreen for two applications on two monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Simultaneous Exclusive Fullscreen for two applications on two monitors: Basically what I want to achieve is simple. I want to stream a football game via a browser, which has a full screen mode in the video, on my TV, which is my HDMI second monitor. At the same time, I want to run a game (Microsoft's Rise of Nations, for example) in full...