Windows 10: 1903 update download failure

Discus and support 1903 update download failure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was updating to 1903 using Update Assistant. It was huge file and was taking lot of time. It was downloaded till 60% and unexpectedly there was some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sn5Su, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Sn5Su Win User

1903 update download failure

I was updating to 1903 using Update Assistant. It was huge file and was taking lot of time. It was downloaded till 60% and unexpectedly there was some net connectivity issue with my router. I saw it after a few min corrected the network. Then, it gave an unpleasant surprise. Download begin again from starting(from 0%). I didn't wanted to spend more time on this and cancelled the update. The question is how the downloaded data vanished even the PC is ON? Why didn't the Update Assistant tool didn't save already downloaded data?Why can't download resume from 60%? Is there any way to do this?

Thanks!!

:)

Sn5Su, Sep 19, 2019
  2. MJLONGLEY Win User

Windows 10 1903 update - resulting problems

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for the rapid response.

Your suggested actions are very technical - hardly for 'the man in the street'

'

If I understand correctly, in simple terms, you are suggesting changing the path/method of obtaining the 1903 update but still installing it anyway -

Surely if the problem is actually with the 1903 update then the result will be the same problems irrespective of how it is applied?

Please could you clarify in simple terms, step by step, what your suggested actions actually do and how this may solve the problem.

Thanks,

Mike Longley.

MJLONGLEY, Sep 19, 2019
  3. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 19, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Win 10 1809 to 1903 Failure And Odd Issue Found

No listing under MSConfig Boot tab / not sure what to do

Similar there.
    You are missing an EFI partition too. Here's mine (1903) - note the 99Mb EFI partition:

1903 update download failure [​IMG]

- noting the Recovery partition is NTFS - not sure where the idea in that thread about FAT32 comes from.

Here are all the partitions - Disk Management omits the 16Mb one:

1903 update download failure [​IMG]

In the thread I quoted- not the most straightforward- it seems one basic step taken was to
    a. Image 'C: '
    b. Clean install Windows
    c. Replace the new Windows partition by restoring it from the image created
    d. (Note when rebooting, this may sort itself out via automated repair, or need Startup repair to be run)

If you search for
    msconfig boot empty
    or
    msconfig boot empty "Windows 10"
    you will find numerous references which may help.

dalchina, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

1. 1903 update download failure - Similar Threads - 1903 update download

2. Windows update 1903 failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update 1903 failure: I have a windows 10 home edition in a laptop which is at software level of 1703. When I do windows update, Feature update to windows 10, version 1903 fails during restart with blue screen and the system is automatically reverted back to previous version prior to the...
  3. updating failure for 1903 or 1909

updating failure for 1903 or 1909: Dated :- 3rd Dec 2019 Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. 2019-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4524570) - Error 0x80070017 Since...
  4. Failure to Update to 1903

Failure to Update to 1903: Updating to Windows 1903, failure details: 0x1900101 UX failure: Whilst powering up the PC, the PC freezes at the logo (razer). Have to restart multiple times, Automatic repair rolls back the update. Indicative of Driver Failure. Reset to factory, and update. Same failure....
  5. Windows 1903 Update Failure !!

Windows 1903 Update Failure !!: Hello, I am writing this post because for the past one month i am having problem in updating to windows 1903. I am using a HP laptop with a dead battery which doesn't work. Let me tell u where is my problem is happening, everytime it happens in the same place..I am having...
  6. Update 1903 Errors and Failures

Update 1903 Errors and Failures: I have repeatedly tried to get the 1903 update installed on a computer. It gets downloaded, starts the install process, gets through the first reboot and then fails on the next reboot at 60% complete. This has happened multiple times. The vast majority of times it yields...
  7. Win10 1903 update failure

Win10 1903 update failure: Hi, Yesterday my work PC updated to 1903 and messed up my user account. I spent the day recovering my hard drive from an old image so I could do some work. Overnight Win10 has attempted 1903 again and destroyed my home account again. Looking at c:/Users I can see my...
  8. 1903 Repeated Update Failures

1903 Repeated Update Failures: I cannot successfully update my Windows 10 installation to version 1903. The system attempts to install, fails at around 24% and rolls back changes with the error code 0x8007042b. I have attempted a number of solutions (DISM, SFC, Uninstalling 3rd party AV etc). I...
  9. failure to update version 1903 (4)

failure to update version 1903 (4): Have tried many times to upgrade and install Version 1903. Widows starts installation then stops with a message undoing changes made to your computer. the reason I am installing the version 1903 as the version, I am using is about to cease support . Can anyone shed any...
  10. Failure to update to 1903

Failure to update to 1903: After many attempts to update my laptop by all the suggested methods I am now a) unable to reset or clean install b) unable to use scannow c) unable to download other updates d) unable to affect a repair My device is apparently compatible but after various...