Windows 10: 1903 Update - Font Cache CPU use at startup

Discus and support 1903 Update - Font Cache CPU use at startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 1903 on a Surface Pro 4, i7, 16GB RAM, 256GB, and ever since installing the feature update, my CPU usage is dominated by the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rob Mintzes, May 30, 2019.

1. 1903 Update - Font Cache CPU use at startup

I'm running Windows 10 1903 on a Surface Pro 4, i7, 16GB RAM, 256GB, and ever since installing the feature update, my CPU usage is dominated by the Font Caching Service upon cold booting or restarting the computer. It doesn't happen when waking from sleep. As a result, I am unable to access programs from the taskbar or even open the Start Menu for a few minutes until the caching process is complete. I just installed the 2019-05 Cumulative Update for 1903 and that did not seem to fix the issue. It’s a minor inconvenience, but an inconvenience nonetheless. I installed the feature update as a clean installation and load it back in a lot of fonts, as well as installing Adobe Creative Cloud. I do have a lot of fonts linked to my subscription, but I never experienced this issue on previous versions of Windows 10. Has anyone else experienced this and found a resolution?

1903 Update - Font Cache CPU use at startup [​IMG]

:)

Rob Mintzes, May 30, 2019
  2. Callender Win User

Corrupted Fonts

In addition you can try:

• Stop Windows Font Cache service in services.msc.

• Run C-Cleaner System / Font Cache option.

• Start Windows Font Cache service again.

If you have Ccleaner installed it's possible that you'd need CCEnhancer to see the font cache option.

If you don't have it - read this:

Rebuild Font Cache in Windows 10 | Tutorials

Callender, May 30, 2019
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, May 30, 2019
  4. NeoSOS Win User

1903 Update - Font Cache CPU use at startup

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, May 30, 2019
Thema:

1903 Update - Font Cache CPU use at startup

1. 1903 Update - Font Cache CPU use at startup - Similar Threads - 1903 Update Font

2. Use SSD as cache for HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Use SSD as cache for HDD: Hello everyone! I was wondering if I could use a 128GB SSD as cache for my 2TB HDD. What program should I use? Is it a native Windows feature? Is this the right subreddit to post this? Thanks :) submitted by /u/GnossisYT [link] [comments]...
  3. Huge font cache folder - safe to delete?

in Windows 10 Support
    Huge font cache folder - safe to delete?: I have Windows 10 version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1016). While doing analysis for huge folders and files in C drive I came across font cache folder. It is occupying a whopping 11.7 GB space. Can I safely delete this folder without causing any trouble? [img] 162569
  4. Weird CPU % utilization post 1903 updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird CPU % utilization post 1903 updates: I am hoping this is a Windows thing and not some super clever trojan CPU miner, It seemed to start after the 1903 updates. So for no apparent reason or with any relationship to any particular running application my CPU% will creep up to about 60-70% which increases the CPU...
  5. Computer won't startup after updating to 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer won't startup after updating to 1903: After the last update I am trying to turn on my desktop many times. But the screen turns on and a blue screen with rotating circles appears. I wait until 1 hour later I reopened again and the same problem. Please help me fix it. Thanks again for everything....
  6. Computer won't startup after updating to 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer won't startup after updating to 1903: Split from this thread. Hi! Monkey57, and another helperd. Im trying turn on my desktop many times. But the screen bright on about 1 minutes and off again. I waiting until 1 hours later reopened again and the same problem. Please help me fixing it. Or return my old...
  7. using font

in Windows 10 Customization
    using font: I have instsalled font on my computer but how djo you apply it t things like the desktop and my icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-font/2c3d225b-f492-440f-9b0f-9ce9719d806c
  8. SVCHost CDPUserSvc using 25% of CPU every startup !!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SVCHost CDPUserSvc using 25% of CPU every startup !!: For at least a month now SVCHost.exe -k unistacksvcgroup -s CDPUserSvc has been loading with every new boot or restart and using a huge 1/4 of my quad core CPU!! I can only end it by using the kill function in Process Explorer every time - please see screenshots below...
  9. To stop Font Cache rebuilding in VLC (subtitles)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    To stop Font Cache rebuilding in VLC (subtitles): Hi there not particularly W10 specific but I know loads of people use VLC. If you are getting message please wait while font cache is re-built when you have / want subtitles then this method will disable this message and will speed up the process....
  10. Rebuild Font Cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rebuild Font Cache in Windows 10: How to: Rebuild Font Cache in Windows 10 How to Rebuild Font Cache in Windows 10 The font cache is a file or set of files used by Windows to manage and display the fonts that are installed on your PC. Sometimes the font cache may become corrupted and cause fonts to be...