Windows 10: 1903 update keeps failing after rebooting

Discus and support 1903 update keeps failing after rebooting in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Windows update prompted me to "Download and install" the 1903 update. The first few tries it kept failing at 5% but I read that battleye could cause it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by doveman, Jul 13, 2019.

1. doveman Win User

1903 update keeps failing after rebooting

Windows update prompted me to "Download and install" the 1903 update. The first few tries it kept failing at 5% but I read that battleye could cause it to fail and although I didn't have that running, I did have punkbuster so I killed that and a few other processes and after that the update went all the way to 100% and then prompted me to reboot.

I multiboot so I used grub4dos with the first/default entry set to
    title Win 10hide (hd0,1)hide (hd0,0)root (hd4,0)makeactivechainloader /bootmgr

so /bootmgr is loaded and run, just by grub4dos rather than the MBR.

When I reboot after installing 1903 and select this entry the screen goes black but instead of booting Windows it goes back to the grub4dos menu. When I select this entry again it boots Windows and the spinning circle is displayed for a while so it seems like it's finishing the update but when I get into Windows it's still on v1803.

So I tried with the Windows Update Assistant instead. That downloads and installs to 100% fine but again after rebooting it's still on v1803.

If I run the Windows Update Troubleshooter it says "Potential Windows Update Database error" detected but it doesn't seem to fix it. I'd be surprised if this database error was the cause of my problem, as it's not preventing it identifying the update I need or downloading and installing it, it just seems to be reverting back to v1803 when I restart.

:)

doveman, Jul 13, 2019

2. One Drive update keeps failing

Lumia 735 keeps trying to update OneDrive and fails. saw there was a previous post from last year about this problem. Tried the suggestions listed but the update keeps failing

steve_williams, Jul 13, 2019
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jul 13, 2019
  4. 1903 update keeps failing after rebooting

Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

1903 update keeps failing after rebooting

1. 1903 update keeps failing after rebooting - Similar Threads - 1903 update keeps

2. Reboot loop after update fail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reboot loop after update fail: Hello everybody ,I hope you are doing fine.It's been a couple of days and I can not go throught with my update. The system reboots again and again until it just undoes the changes....
  3. Reboot loop after update fail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reboot loop after update fail: Hello everybody ,I hope you are doing fine.It's been a couple of days and I can not go throught with my update. The system reboots again and again until it just undoes the changes....
  4. Update to Windows 10 1809 to 1903 Failing after 2nd reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update to Windows 10 1809 to 1903 Failing after 2nd reboot: Hi, I've been struggling to install the update, tried to clean update cache, to free up some space on my system disk, but Nothing seems to help. As it is after 2nd reboot, it might be a driver problem, but reading the logs doesn't helped, as I Don't know what to look for....
  5. Feature update 1903 keeps failing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Feature update 1903 keeps failing: I think I've tried installing it four times now. Always ends up stuck at 27%. I think first time I gave it like 2 hours, lately I've only given it like 30 minutes. Hard drive light is just blinking regularly during that time, so seemingly no activity. I only have the generic...
  6. Windows fails to reboot when trying to update to 1903.

Windows fails to reboot when trying to update to 1903.: Current version 1703. Using update assistant to update to 1903. Downloads and installs just fine. It then asks me to reboot, but problem is when reaching the black screen with the blue windows logo. The "Dotted Circle" which spins around DOES NOT APPEAR, it remains stuck in...
  7. Windows 10 keeps failing update to 1903

Windows 10 keeps failing update to 1903: Hello, I'm currently running 1803 and every single time I am trying to upgrade to 1903 I got a BSOD with a PFN List Corrupt. 1) I have tried several method: let Windows Update download and install; Creating a Win10 installation Media in USB 2) I have more than 43GB of...
  8. 1903 update keeps failing to install

1903 update keeps failing to install: after its downloaded it install than restarts starts loading then is just stuck on loading screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1903-update-keeps-failing-to-install/0203a6de-4376-4242-97d0-5665a00160ff
  9. Windows Update to version 1903 keeps failing.

Windows Update to version 1903 keeps failing.: No matter how many times I tried Windows Update fails. Earlier used to report an error code 0x80240034. but recently when I tried to update again, it gives me Error 0x80d02002. Please help....
  10. BSOD after update to 1903 at reboot

BSOD after update to 1903 at reboot: After updating to 1903 now every time i reboot i get the BSOD was not a problem before. Can someone in microsoft please help us fix your mess up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-after-update-to-1903-at-reboot/4610dcb5-3f54-4f21-9058-5bbfec6c5a1a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update fail after reboot

2. windows 10 update 1903 rebooting

3. windows 1903 update fail after reboot

4. windows 10 update 1903 keeps on failing,
  5. windows 10 update continually fails,
  6. windows 10 1903 update keeps rebooting wont start,
  7. windows 10 1903 reboots,
  8. 1903 update keeps failing at 27%