Windows 10: 1909+ Fast Startup Setting Gone But Why Would MS Enable It by Default?

Discus and support 1909+ Fast Startup Setting Gone But Why Would MS Enable It by Default? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I dual boot and Fast Startup causes many problems when trying to get from one system to another. In a fresh1909 installation (not upgraded from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ex_Brit, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Ex_Brit Win User

1909+ Fast Startup Setting Gone But Why Would MS Enable It by Default?

I dual boot and Fast Startup causes many problems when trying to get from one system to another.

In a fresh1909 installation (not upgraded from earlier W10 versions) there is no Fast Startup or Hibernation settings in Power.

One can check using Win Key + R and type in regedit..

Go to this key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Power\HiberbootEnabled

It's DWORD value is 1 meaning it's ON by default. (DWORD value of 0 disables fast startup, value of 1 enables it). I imagine when it's not present the system defaults to fast startup enabled but unlike with HiberbootEnabled = 1, it additionally hides the GUI option.

:)

Ex_Brit, Nov 20, 2019

2. Fast Startup Setting in Windows 10 will not stay enabled

I recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and my system (desktop) has now gone from booting into Windows in several seconds (on a 250 GB SSD) to 2 to 3 minutes.

I have tried enabling fast startup through Control Panel/Power Options etc., put a check in the Fast Startup (Recommended) box and clicked on save settings, however if I shut down completely then do a cold boot, go into Control Panel/Power Options, the Fast
    Startup box is unchecked and fast startup is not enabled.

Anyone else out there having this problem?

If you have found an answer to the problem, PLEASE share it with me.

Thank you!!!!

Beasley104, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Fast Startup Setting in Windows 10 will not stay enabled

Hibernate IS enabled, but the Fast Startup box will not stay checked.

Beasley104, Nov 20, 2019
  4. 1909+ Fast Startup Setting Gone But Why Would MS Enable It by Default?

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

1909+ Fast Startup Setting Gone But Why Would MS Enable It by Default?

1. 1909+ Fast Startup Setting Gone But Why Would MS Enable It by Default? - Similar Threads - 1909+ Fast Startup

2. Windows Updates may fail if Fast Startup is enabled

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Updates may fail if Fast Startup is enabled: [ATTACH]Fast Startup on Windows 10, as the name suggests, helps you boot your computer back on quickly after you have restarted it. An attribute of the Fast Startup feature is that it could potentially prevent certain updates from installing on your Windows 10 system. In this...
  3. Fast Startup not working even when its enabled

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Startup not working even when its enabled: I have enabled fast startup in the control panel but still it does not work. A few days ago, it was working correctly and I had no problem. But nowadays, it does not work even when I have enabled it. I tried disabling restarting and enabling restarting, but nothing worked....
  4. BSOD at shutdown with fast startup feature enabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD at shutdown with fast startup feature enabled: I have an Intel NUC which is having BSOD only at shutdown, with Windows 10. I have narrowed it down to the fast startup feature. If disable it shutdows properly, without BSOD. If it is enabled, it display BSOD just before shutdown. I have latest BIOS and latest drivers. Can...
  5. Is selective startup is set default in ms configuration general tab

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is selective startup is set default in ms configuration general tab: tell one thing when I purchased my Dell laptop from dell store, then selective startup is set default in ms configuration general tab? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-selective-startup-is-set-default-in-ms/e5cf7231-b897-4003-880b-479c0b568eb7
  6. 1903 changed Fast Startup settings??

in Windows 10 Support
    1903 changed Fast Startup settings??: Has the 1903 update removed the ability to disable Fast Startup? 134756
  7. Can't Enable Fast Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Enable Fast Startup: Hi, guys. I can't see a way to enable fast startup in my H P laptop running W10 Home. I go to the power settings section (following instructions from the Internet). and there is no check box to enable fast startup. Any ideas? Thanks/ 122620
  8. Fast Startup in W10. Enable or disable?

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast Startup in W10. Enable or disable?: Hi all - Do you think that Fast Startup should be enabled in W10? Yes or no? Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials Please explain your reasoning. Thanks! *Smile 111734
  9. Enable NumLock on Fast-Startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enable NumLock on Fast-Startup: Hello all, The issue I am currently having is enabling NumLock before the logon, I have modified the corresponding registry key (Find attached my screenshot below) and that works perfectly fine when restarting my PC, however I have fast-startup (Screenshot also below)...
  10. Freeze/BSOD after sleep and with fast startup enabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freeze/BSOD after sleep and with fast startup enabled: Hey there! I have this strange problem since I have installed 2x8GB DDR3 memory on my Desktop computer. Sometimes when I start the computer with Fast Startup enabled I have BSOD with ... well you will see in the dmp files - DRIVER IRQ LESS OR EQUAL, NTSOKRNL or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 1909 fast startup