Windows 10: [19H1]Touch keyboard button cannot be opened in taskbar after change touch keyboard input...

Discus and support [19H1]Touch keyboard button cannot be opened in taskbar after change touch keyboard input... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Steps to repro: 1. Show touch keyboard button in taskbar. 2. Change touch keyboard input method to input under Tent/Pad/Stand/NB. 3. After a while find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ZhouParker, Jul 16, 2019.

1. [19H1]Touch keyboard button cannot be opened in taskbar after change touch keyboard input...

Steps to repro:
    1. Show touch keyboard button in taskbar.
    2. Change touch keyboard input method to input under Tent/Pad/Stand/NB.
    3. After a while find Touch keyboard button cannot be opened.
    BTW : Use mouse and touch both can't open Touch keyboard button.
    The issue cannot be recovered after restart/coldboot.
    Rest this PC can recovery it.
    Could you please help to clairfy this symptom?Thanks!

:)

ZhouParker, Jul 16, 2019
  2. omidsolo Win User

Disable Show touch keyboard button

Actually it's not covered in the mentioned thread at all.
    It's sort of covered in another thread below but in some other way:

Hide or Show Touch Keyboard Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

This one Check or Uncheck the "Show Touch Keyboard Button" but I want to disable (gray out) this button so impossible to click it or change it.
    Please advise.
    Cheers.

omidsolo, Jul 16, 2019
  3. JB007 Win User
    touch screen keyboard

I have an old tablet pc, motion computing C5. When I click the keyboard button in the taskbar,
    the touch screen keyboard comes up. Problem is its the handwriting option, not the default qwerty keyboard.
    any ideas how to get it back to the default???

I want this when I click the touch screen keyboard button in the taskbar:

[19H1]Touch keyboard button cannot be opened in taskbar after change touch keyboard input... [​IMG]

But instead I get this as the default:

[19H1]Touch keyboard button cannot be opened in taskbar after change touch keyboard input... [​IMG]

And it won't remember they last keyboard I used [19H1]Touch keyboard button cannot be opened in taskbar after change touch keyboard input... :(

JB007, Jul 16, 2019
  4. pmennen Win User

[19H1]Touch keyboard button cannot be opened in taskbar after change touch keyboard input...

No touch keyboard

This is an ASUS EP121.
    Your touch keyboard remembers your selection? Of course that is what I expected as pretty much any windows setting stays where it is until it is changed again. So I guess this bug does not happen on every system. I don't think I'm the only one seeing this bug however, since in one of me google searches about the problem I seem to remember that others have run into this problem as well.

> Turn On Add the standard keyboard layout as a touch keyboard option
    > now select the far right option

Yes I see that this gives me a new option ... but so what? I can select it but the next time I open the keyboard up pops the handwritting input panel again.

> Also, try toggling (turning On or Off) Show the touch keyboard or handwriting panel when not in tablet mode

Yes, I tried that a few times, to no effect.

> There is also the Windows On-Screen Keyboard
    > Right click on the result and select you preference of Pin to Start or Pin to Taskbar

Ok, I found this keyboard. You said "Right click on the result" so I was right clicking on the keyboard but I didn't get the option to pin it to the taskbar. I almost gave up on it, but that by accident I right clicked on the icon in the taskbar that indicates the keyboard is open, and finally got the pin to taskbar option.

Then I moved the taskbar shortcut to my quick launch bar (which seems a better place for it).

So I guess this is a reasonable workaround, although I still like the old win7 touch keyboard better because it is smaller in height. The Windows On-Screen Keyboard is divided vertically into 6 rows, with the bottom 5 rows filled with keys. All five rows of keys are pretty useful, so no complaints there, but the top row is completely blank! What's with that? If this is for aesthetics, they have a pretty strange sense of it. This blank row just succeeds in obscuring a significant portion of the screen that I'm trying to type into. (Yes, I can shrink the whole keyboard, but smaller keys are more difficult to press accurately). Perhaps this may not seem like a big deal, but my screen is not really that big to begin with. But if the regular touch keyboard is just busted ... I guess the on-screen keyboard is my only option.

Thanks a lot for the help. At least it works well enough it looks like I won't have to revert to windows 7 [19H1]Touch keyboard button cannot be opened in taskbar after change touch keyboard input... :)

~Paul

pmennen, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

[19H1]Touch keyboard button cannot be opened in taskbar after change touch keyboard input...

1. [19H1]Touch keyboard button cannot be opened in taskbar after change touch keyboard input... - Similar Threads - 19H1 Touch keyboard

2. Touch keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch keyboard: The touch keyboard on the computer for some reason does not pop up automatically https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-keyboard/b6392961-5f04-4886-91b0-b95c817c60b9
  3. Windows 11: Toggling "Touch Keyboard" from taskbar keyboard button, other touch keyboard...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: Toggling "Touch Keyboard" from taskbar keyboard button, other touch keyboard...: Hello,The Windows 11 Touch Keyboard is a step backwards from the prior Windows 10 Touch Keyboard which was also frustratingly lacking in features and suffered from a multitude of issues due to poor UI design and constant bugs.I don't expect Microsoft to ever fix any of the...
  4. Windows 11: Toggling "Touch Keyboard" from taskbar keyboard button, other touch keyboard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: Toggling "Touch Keyboard" from taskbar keyboard button, other touch keyboard...: Hello,The Windows 11 Touch Keyboard is a step backwards from the prior Windows 10 Touch Keyboard which was also frustratingly lacking in features and suffered from a multitude of issues due to poor UI design and constant bugs.I don't expect Microsoft to ever fix any of the...
  5. Touch keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touch keyboard: I use a laptop with a touch screen as my primary PC, hooked to a monitor, usb wireless keyboard and mouse. However, with the limited typing I do, I usually just pop open the touch keyboard and click away with my mouse. When I initially got the computer, after I typed in...
  6. Cannot access touch keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot access touch keyboard: Rise of the Machines continues - this time the touch keyboard is on strike. And, of course, the standard advice ''restart and set startup to automatic'' is useless because the restart option is not available and startup is already automatic....
  7. Touch keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touch keyboard: The touch keyboard on the taskbar has stopped working. What could be the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-keyboard/829ab1b7-52c5-4a19-92ef-07eb13c6f4c7
  8. touch keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    touch keyboard: on my dell inspiron 13 5000series, I folded the screen back to activate tablit mode and pressed the touck keyboard icon and a blanc white space appeared on my screen where the keyboard shpuld appear. this disabled rhe icons at the bottom until I converted into laptop mode.i...
  9. Taskbar and touch input

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar and touch input: Recently I have noticed that the taskbar will not respond to ANY touch input, but works perfectly fine with the mouse. I only noticed this in the past week, I have gone so far as to reset the system and wipe all data to reinstall, and the issue was still present when the...
  10. No touch keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    No touch keyboard: I have a windows tablet which I perhaps unwisely upgraded from Win7 to Win10. Actually Win10 is working just fine except for one problem. The touch keyboard which was in my Win7 system tray is no longer available. Win10 has an icon in the system tray which looks nearly...