Windows 10: 2 files appeared on my desktop

Discus and support 2 files appeared on my desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, so i rebooted my computer today and these 2 files appeared on my desktop. They don't have any given name or location, and when I delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Salow, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Salow Win User

2 files appeared on my desktop

Hey guys, so i rebooted my computer today and these 2 files appeared on my desktop.
    They don't have any given name or location, and when I delete them, they come back if I refresh my screen.

2 files appeared on my desktop [​IMG]

Oh, and by the way, every time I right click on them, only 3 things appear: "cut, create shortcut, delete".

2 files appeared on my desktop [​IMG]

Thank you for your time *Biggrin

:)

Salow, Jun 12, 2016
  2. tdug Win User

2 arrows appeared on my folder icons

Synchronized ?

3. FM492 Win User
    2 arrows appeared on my folder icons

how do i get rid of this, becuase i have not syncronised

FM492, Jun 12, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

A temporary remedy :

If you do create system restore points regularly....................
    Do a system restore. Pick a date when you did not have this problem as your restore point.
    System Restore Windows 10

davidhk, Jun 12, 2016
  5. Salow Win User
    I'm gonna try doing that thank you *Biggrin

Salow, Jun 12, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Please post back the result.
    Good luck.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. 2 files appeared on my desktop - Similar Threads - files appeared desktop

2. Desktop Appearing as C: in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Appearing as C: in File Explorer: In File Explorer the desktop shortcut redirects to my C: drive, as well as the name "Desktop" being changed to "C:" Any help would be appreciated! In case it helps I'm running Windows 10 1909...
  3. Debug file appearing on desktop screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Debug file appearing on desktop screen.: hey there, sometimes when i open my laptop it sometimes shows an notepad file name "Debug" when i open it some text is written there. [1026/185000.214:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3 this it the text...
  4. debug file appearing on the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    debug file appearing on the desktop: type - text document.log opens with - notepad file after opening it displays the following information: [1020/122331.587:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3...
  5. desktop appearance

desktop appearance: How do I disable gridlines on my screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-appearance/5d1f1fd9-07b8-43d3-83b4-6f9e8ed54075
  6. Update 2004 - Deleted files randomly appearing on my Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update 2004 - Deleted files randomly appearing on my Desktop: I've recently updated my PC to build 2004 and one thing that's been happening ever since is that deleted files randomly appear on my desktop, never had this issue before. If I try to delete them I get this message submitted by /u/fr0stehsnew [link] [comments]...
  7. Desktop appearance

Desktop appearance: 1 year old computer was working fine. Downloaded Libby app from Microsoft store. Desktop reverted to Tile Screen. Deleted those. Still have tile tool icons at upper left. Desktop image is washed out. Tried different image. Still washed out. Anybody?...
  8. Desktop icon keeps appearing on my desktop

Desktop icon keeps appearing on my desktop: I keep getting a icon, labelled "desktop" on my desktop. I have listed the content below. [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21769 IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183 I have recently reinstalled Windows 10....
  9. Change appearance of desktop files and folders

Change appearance of desktop files and folders: Hi community, I recently resented my PC and now the desktop icons appear more narrow then before. The problem is not the size. I attached the appearance of how it is at the moment (narrow) and how it was used to be (desired). Please let me know how this can be changed as...
  10. Gray X's on Desktop files appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gray X's on Desktop files appearing: Gray X's have recently started appearing on all of the files and folders I have placed on my Windows 10 desktop. [img] The X's are in the lower left corner of the icon.. They only appear on icons belonging to actual files or folders saved on the desktop. (Not on...