Windows 10: 2 files appeared on my desktop

Discus and support 2 files appeared on my desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, so i rebooted my computer today and these 2 files appeared on my desktop. They don't have any given name or location, and when I delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Salow, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Salow Win User

2 files appeared on my desktop

Hey guys, so i rebooted my computer today and these 2 files appeared on my desktop.
    They don't have any given name or location, and when I delete them, they come back if I refresh my screen.

2 files appeared on my desktop [​IMG]

Oh, and by the way, every time I right click on them, only 3 things appear: "cut, create shortcut, delete".

2 files appeared on my desktop [​IMG]

Thank you for your time *Biggrin

:)

Salow, Jun 12, 2016
  2. tdug Win User

2 arrows appeared on my folder icons

Synchronized ?

3. FM492 Win User
    2 arrows appeared on my folder icons

how do i get rid of this, becuase i have not syncronised

FM492, Jun 12, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

A temporary remedy :

If you do create system restore points regularly....................
    Do a system restore. Pick a date when you did not have this problem as your restore point.
    System Restore Windows 10

davidhk, Jun 12, 2016
  5. Salow Win User
    I'm gonna try doing that thank you *Biggrin

Salow, Jun 12, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Please post back the result.
    Good luck.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. 2 files appeared on my desktop - Similar Threads - files appeared desktop

2. Why does the Replace or Skip Files suddenly appear on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does the Replace or Skip Files suddenly appear on my desktop?: Why does the Replace or Skip Files suddenly appear on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-the-replace-or-skip-files-suddenly-appear/f6c06edd-d275-44ea-9a58-ec763aec6b29
  3. When I save a file to my desktop, it doesn't actually appear ON the desktop until after...

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I save a file to my desktop, it doesn't actually appear ON the desktop until after...: So I have a new laptop with Windows 10 Home. I have been using Windows 10 for a while now but on a different laptop and never had that problem and it's gotten me stumped. I saved a couple of files to my Desktop folder. The files do show in Windows Explorer as being in the...
  4. Icons keep appearing on my Desktop

Icons keep appearing on my Desktop: Recently I purchased a new Acer Aspire A315-41-R5MD Notebook running Windows 10 Home - Version 1903 and from time to time, icons for programs would appear on my desktop. The main culprit being Hotspot Shield VPN. I've deleted these icons several times and they still keep...
  5. Desktop icon keeps appearing on my desktop

Desktop icon keeps appearing on my desktop: I keep getting a icon, labelled "desktop" on my desktop. I have listed the content below. [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21769 IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183 I have recently reinstalled Windows 10....
  6. An unknown window appeared on my desktop

An unknown window appeared on my desktop: Recently, Whenever I download anything or edit my files, a window pops up on my desktop. The window is clear, has no name and doesn't show up in task manager. When I click it, it does nothing. It won't let me right click in the space of the window or drag desktop items to it....
  7. Change appearance of desktop files and folders

Change appearance of desktop files and folders: Hi community, I recently resented my PC and now the desktop icons appear more narrow then before. The problem is not the size. I attached the appearance of how it is at the moment (narrow) and how it was used to be (desired). Please let me know how this can be changed as...
  8. my icon do not appear on my desktop on startup

my icon do not appear on my desktop on startup: icon do not appear on my desktop on startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/my-icon-do-not-appear-on-my-desktop-on-startup/1fc35e8a-ad6f-4d27-a084-5c79b48d4065
  9. Gray X's on Desktop files appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gray X's on Desktop files appearing: Gray X's have recently started appearing on all of the files and folders I have placed on my Windows 10 desktop. [img] The X's are in the lower left corner of the icon.. They only appear on icons belonging to actual files or folders saved on the desktop. (Not on...
  10. 2 Blank Folders Appeared on Desktop - Keep coming back

in Windows 10 Support
    2 Blank Folders Appeared on Desktop - Keep coming back: Hey, 2 blank folders have just appeared on my desktop. I can delete them by highlighting and hitting the delete key but they just come straight back. They have no name, no properties. I can't do anything with them. How can I get rid of them and should I be worried...